Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Feb 2012 (Tuesday) 20:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

FINALLY! A simple shutter count program for (many) EOS cameras

moltengold
Goldmember
4,296 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jun 19, 2014 18:16 |  #721

Keesbeest wrote in post #16981811 (external link)
Canon EOS Camera Info v1.2

Simple tool for grabbing some Secret info from Canon EOS Cameras.

Camera Model
Shutter Count
Serial Number
Firmware Version
Battery Level
Owner
Copyright
Artist

- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 40D
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1D C
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 450D
- Canon EOS 500D
- Canon EOS 550D
- Canon EOS 600D
- Canon EOS 650D
- Canon EOS 700D
- Canon EOS 1000D
- Canon EOS 1100D

http://dropcanvas.com/​jkthh/2 (external link)

Thanks
i download the file but i didnt connect my 5D3 to the PC

| Canon EOS | and some canon lenses

sponsored links
moltengold
Goldmember
4,296 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jun 19, 2014 18:19 |  #722

msowsun wrote in post #16981870 (external link)
Is this a newer version of "Astrojargon" EOSInfo ?

i dont think so
the Astrojargon is an old software for 40DShutterCount

| Canon EOS | and some canon lenses

hoacker
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jun 2014

Jun 21, 2014 10:48 |  #723

Here's a table with relations between cameras and programms with which the shutter count can be read. Feel free to message me for complements and corrections:

German language: http://foto.schwedenst​uhl.de/?page=shutterco​unt (external link)
Google translated: http://translate.googl​e.de …de/%3Fpage%3Dsh​uttercount (external link)

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 21, 2014 13:08 |  #724

Be aware of wrong information in this ADVERTIZMENT undercover thread.
I have been charged for what that was supposed to be free and hope at least the one who is pocketing the money here, is at least paying advertisement fee to POTN...

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

sergeyv
75 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 28, 2014 23:41 |  #725

Keesbeest wrote in post #16981933 (external link)
By: agic_h2001@yahoo.com (external link)
HomePage: http://magic.shabgard.​org (external link) (not working anymore)

msowsun wrote in post #16982050 (external link)
That doesn't really answer my question. Are you affiliated with "magic.shabgard.org" or "Magic_h2001@yahoo.com​" ?

When you download the Zip file it shows a folder named "EOSInfo" which similar to "Astrojargon" "EOSInfo". I always get nervous when downloading an executable zip file to my computer. It would be nice to have more information before I run the program.

You should be nervous and very cautious before running "Canon EOS Camera Info v1.2"'s executable file. A simple internet search on the author’s email (Magic_h2001@yahoo.com​) reveals that he is also the author of Magic Password Stealer (Magic_Ps):
http://www.angelfire.c​om/rock3/magic_h2001/h​ome.htm (external link)
http://larryharr.blogs​pot.com …-magic-ps-final-with.html (external link)
Brief information about MPS:
Success Rate : 100%
Creator URL : http://magic.shabgard.​org/ (external link)
Creator's Email : magic_h2001@yahoo.com (external link)
Date Created : 2003 - 07 - 31
Last Updated on : 2007 - 12 – 31
How it works?
MPS v1.5 creates a software that hacks the yahoo password. After you create the software, you have to send it to the victim's computer at any condition. After victim opens the file, MPS starts its work. Then when the victim re-login in his yahoo, The password and other information is sent to your email as offline message.

Shabgard.org is also an Iranian hackers community.

If I were Keesbeest I would not be advertising a program from such a dangerous source.

Anyone should be extremely careful about running unsigned executable files on their computer. If the author did not want to be traceable down to their creation through a digital signature, why would you want to run an unknown program with scarce reputation?

A reminder that EOSCount, as well as any Mac App Store program, is digitally signed to verify author identity and assure safe usage.

Johnny ­ V
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jun 29, 2014 08:06 |  #726

Thanks for the detective work sergeyv and thanks for watching our backs!

Fear the Gear! Canon 5D3/6D/50D/T2i/EOS-M; 17-40L f4; 70-200 f4; 50 f1.4; 18-55 f3.5 IS; Sigma 85 f1.4; Tamron 85 f1.8; Canon 35 f2-IS; 580EX; Comet Strobes; Smugmug 20% Discount  (external link)

WaltA
Goldmember
3,863 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Jun 29, 2014 09:15 |  #727

samsen wrote in post #16985592 (external link)
Be aware of wrong information in this ADVERTIZMENT undercover thread.
I have been charged for what that was supposed to be free and hope at least the one who is pocketing the money here, is at least paying advertisement fee to POTN...

This thread has a lot of posts that contain links to at least 5 or 6 different shutter count programs. Some good, some not so good.

The original one that this thread was first started about (EOSCount) was originally free but the author (sergey) stated in this thread some time back that he would be charging a minimal charge for its use.

So, which "ADVERTIZMENT" are you warning us about?

Walt
400D, 5D, 7D and a bag of stuff

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,242 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jun 29, 2014 13:59 as a reply to  @ WaltA's post |  #728

Walt, I think that he is referring to post #721 by keesbeast, though I'm sure that it's not his fault. I thought something smelled fishy about this one and I passed on it. Glad that I did now.:)

Mark

hidroela
305 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Jul 2014

Nov 07, 2014 13:19 |  #729

Keesbeest wrote in post #16981811 (external link)
Canon EOS Camera Info v1.2

Simple tool for grabbing some Secret info from Canon EOS Cameras.

Camera Model
Shutter Count
Serial Number
Firmware Version
Battery Level
Owner
Copyright
Artist

- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 40D
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 1D C
- Canon EOS 100D
- Canon EOS 450D
- Canon EOS 500D
- Canon EOS 550D
- Canon EOS 600D
- Canon EOS 650D
- Canon EOS 700D
- Canon EOS 1000D
- Canon EOS 1100D

http://dropcanvas.com/​jkthh/2 (external link)

thanks it works for me. :D

Pérez
GEAR

WaltA
Goldmember
3,863 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 07, 2014 13:22 |  #730

sergeyv wrote in post #17000493 (external link)
You should be nervous and very cautious before running "Canon EOS Camera Info v1.2"'s executable file. A simple internet search on the author’s email (Magic_h2001@yahoo.com​) reveals that he is also the author of Magic Password Stealer (Magic_Ps):
How it works?
MPS v1.5 creates a software that hacks the yahoo password. After you create the software, you have to send it to the victim's computer at any condition. After victim opens the file, MPS starts its work. Then when the victim re-login in his yahoo, The password and other information is sent to your email as offline message.

If I were Keesbeest I would not be advertising a program from such a dangerous source.

Anyone should be extremely careful about running unsigned executable files on their computer. If the author did not want to be traceable down to their creation through a digital signature, why would you want to run an unknown program with scarce reputation?

A reminder that EOSCount, as well as any Mac App Store program, is digitally signed to verify author identity and assure safe usage.

hidroela wrote in post #17258039 (external link)
thanks it works for me. :D

Scary

Walt

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Nov 07, 2014 14:04 |  #731

WaltA wrote in post #17001046 (external link)
This thread has a lot of posts that contain links to at least 5 or 6 different shutter count programs. Some good, some not so good.

The original one that this thread was first started about (EOSCount) was originally free but the author (sergey) stated in this thread some time back that he would be charging a minimal charge for its use.

So, which "ADVERTIZMENT" are you warning us about?

The same one that started under title of Free but Charged my paypal account and NEVER told me that it is only dedicated to one camera and not working on any other cameras I have. BTW charge was not negligible as you try to say!
I totally feel being ripped off by the program, if it is Sergeyv, then be it.
After only paying and learning how useless that program was, I never used it and if Sergeyv has any decency or conscious, will pay back my paypal chargers.
This is a rip off.
This is advertisement.
People like the initial programmer here, should pay their fair share of advertisement charges to the PONT site as they got their crappy product sold only due to this ADVERTIZMENT appearing as a thread here that I feel totally victim of it.
PERIOD!

sergeyv wrote in post #17000493 (external link)
How it works?

I did use a program based on a good review on Youtube and download was from a Farsi/Arabic script web site. I am not sure if it was the same you described here but could be that.
That program worked flawlessly for all Canon cameras I have and totally free.
I have lost the file unfortunately. But I am very cautious about my security and my firewire never report any unusual activity following the install of that program. I never had any of symptoms mentioned in one of your links.
BTW you link to Iranina hacker is not opening.
Your Link to angelfire.com tried to install a malware on my computer. Everybody should void using your link.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

daverator
My title stinks!
2,073 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Sep 2014

Nov 07, 2014 15:33 |  #732

I used eoscount when i bought my t3i used, worked very well. For a little more you can get a license for mutiple cameras. Beware of other sites that sound similar, some are known to be malicious.

Dave
7D gripped l T3i gripped | EFS-IS 18-55mm | EFS-IS II 55-250mm | EF 50mm 1.8 II l Tamron 150-600mm | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 vc

WaltA
Goldmember
3,863 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 07, 2014 15:34 |  #733

samsen wrote in post #17258097 (external link)
The same one that started under title of Free but Charged my paypal account and NEVER told me that it is only dedicated to one camera and not working on any other cameras I have.......... deleted

1st of all this thread was not started by sergeyv it was started by msowsun.

2nd of all when this thread was started it was free. If you read thru the thread (many pages I agree) you'll see where sergeyv decided to start charging.

3rd of all - his FAQ states
===============
What does a payment for one reading buy?

A payment is good for one unique shutter count reading. A unique reading is a unique combination of camera and shutter count value. Once a unique reading has been paid, it can be read again and again by connecting the same camera, provided the camera has not had additional shutter actuations since the paid reading. If images were taken and the shutter has been actuated, there is a new unique shutter count value that will require a new fee.

Walt

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Gallery: 469 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Nov 07, 2014 22:40 |  #734

I use EOS Inspector, it's free, work very well (tried on 5D2-5D3-7D) and you can download it directly from the App Store, no limitation or whatever ;)

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

WaltA
Goldmember
3,863 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 08, 2014 09:52 |  #735

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17258783 (external link)
I use EOS Inspector, it's free, work very well (tried on 5D2-5D3-7D) and you can download it directly from the App Store, no limitation or whatever ;)

App Store?

Probably only for Macs?

We're talking about a windows app.

Walt

sponsored links

706,791 views & 15 likes for this thread
FINALLY! A simple shutter count program for (many) EOS cameras
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.