Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Feb 2012 (Wednesday) 16:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Don't buy Stroboframe Bracket from Amazon (fulfilled by Adorama)

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 25, 2012 21:18 |  #16

Mike R wrote in post #13967278 (external link)
Amazon for books, Adorama for gear. Never had a problem with either.

They have more than books. I'm addicted to dried pineapple and they have the best price around for large quantities. ;)

Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 25, 2012 21:28 |  #17

K6AZ wrote in post #13967355 (external link)
They have more than books. I'm addicted to dried pineapple and they have the best price around for large quantities. ;)

Are you sure it's not knockoff dried pineapple? The official pineapple dryers need some one like Helen!

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 25, 2012 21:33 |  #18

No knockoff, it's the real stuff! ;)

Flickr (external link)

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 25, 2012 21:48 |  #19

K6AZ wrote in post #13967418 (external link)
No knockoff, it's the real stuff! ;)

I think I need to try a concept I heard about. They call it..sleep

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 26, 2012 03:59 |  #20

OneyedJack wrote in post #13958350 (external link)
How is this an Amazon problem when the item is shipped directly from Adorama? If the item was listed as "fulfilled by Amazon" I can see the opportunity for a possible mix up by Amazon. But Adorama should have full control of the listing and what product ultimately is shipped.

Oh, to have full control of the listing...oh to have the opportunity to exchange an item purchased from Adorama via Amazon. But we don't. Amazon has full 'control'.....

Fernando wrote in post #13965664 (external link)
......I contacted an Adorama manager and asked why this happens so much. He said it's Amazons fault and it makes Adorama too much money to change their relationsuhip.

An Adorama MANAGER said that??! Wonder if he's still with us?.....

Our relationship with Amazon is based on being able to offer customers who want to purchase from Amazon eg because of Prime membership, using Amazon gift cards etc the opportunity to do so.

K6AZ wrote in post #13966355 (external link)
Then I would buy something Amazon directly stocked. Amazon has a history of screwups with third party sellers, Adorama isn't the only one.

Thank you for setting the record straight :grin:

Mike R wrote in post #13967278 (external link)
Amazon for books, Adorama for gear. Never had a problem with either.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

Mike R wrote in post #13967395 (external link)
Are you sure it's not knockoff dried pineapple? The official pineapple dryers need some one like Helen!

Tell me where to apply.......

lazer-jock
Don't mess
1,557 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 26, 2012 09:54 |  #21

HelenOster wrote in post #13968577 (external link)
Tell me where to apply.......

Please stay... You're a treasure to Adorama.

I'm off lining my cage with newspaper.
My Gear List

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 26, 2012 10:09 |  #22

lazer-jock wrote in post #13969316 (external link)
Please stay... You're a treasure to Adorama.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

Fernando
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 26, 2012 10:28 |  #23

HelenOster wrote in post #13968577 (external link)
An Adorama MANAGER said that??! Wonder if he's still with us?.....

Our relationship with Amazon is based on being able to offer customers who want to purchase from Amazon eg because of Prime membership, using Amazon gift cards etc the opportunity to do so.

He said he was a manager and you copied him as well when addressing an issue.

Fuji convert - Ping me if you have any Fuji gear or legacy glass you're moving.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 26, 2012 10:31 |  #24

Fernando wrote in post #13969470 (external link)
He said he was a manager and you copied him as well when addressing an issue.

Gosh, don't remember that!

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Feb 26, 2012 19:37 |  #25

I find it's easier for me to manage my purchases through Amazon when buying through many different sources. Imagine having to remember dozens of unique passwords especially when your in some random location and need to make a quick purchase. I can add a list of things to my cart and each time i click the cart button it tells me if prices increase or decrease. Much easier then digging through a load of bookmarks to see if something is within my budget each week. I also like the Wishlist history that tells me how much an item has decreased in cost since added to my list. If Adorama has a better deal directly i'd go that route but sometimes they actually sell things cheaper on Amazon then they do directly.

frozenfire
206 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Feb 26, 2012 19:58 |  #26

Fernando wrote in post #13966380 (external link)
Prime membership for one..

As far as I know buying from adorama thru amazon doesn't make them "prime eligible" since Adorama fullfils their own orders.

Still I always buy from Amazon when Adorama offers the same item for the same price at the amazon website. Mostly because I'm an amazon shareholder, and that way even if it's adorama who is selling the item, adorama has to pay a fee (however small) to amazon, which in turn increases amazons revenue, profits, etc and should, in theory, make my amazon shares worth more. =)

Body: 5D MK II
Glass: Canon 24-105mm L f/4, Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Lights: 430EX II, YN 560, AB800

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 26, 2012 20:14 |  #27

isoMorphic wrote in post #13972063 (external link)
I find it's easier for me to manage my purchases through Amazon when buying through many different sources. Imagine having to remember dozens of unique passwords especially when your in some random location and need to make a quick purchase. I can add a list of things to my cart and each time i click the cart button it tells me if prices increase or decrease. Much easier then digging through a load of bookmarks to see if something is within my budget each week. I also like the Wishlist history that tells me how much an item has decreased in cost since added to my list. If Adorama has a better deal directly i'd go that route but sometimes they actually sell things cheaper on Amazon then they do directly.

To each their own. I have shopping accounts at over 100 merchants. I don't have any trouble even for those I may only buy from once every year or so. I prefer to shop directly with online merchants and that includes Amazon. Now a lot of these sites are offering third party items - Sears, Walmart, Newegg, and Buy to name just a few and I just don't like involving a third party in my transactions.

Flickr (external link)

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Feb 26, 2012 22:54 |  #28

I can barely remember my own phone number sometimes let alone the names of 100 different shopping sites.

If more sites began to use OpenID it would be great for those of us lacking in memory cells.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 26, 2012 23:04 |  #29

isoMorphic wrote in post #13973473 (external link)
I can barely remember my own phone number sometimes let alone the names of 100 different shopping sites.

If more sites began to use OpenID it would be great for those of us lacking in memory cells.

There are simpler ways like a spreadsheet and a simple encryption program. If you're not confortable with that we used to keep lists on this antique stuff called paper. :p

Flickr (external link)

sprials
THREAD ­ STARTER
40 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 28, 2012 15:10 |  #30

K6AZ wrote in post #13966006 (external link)
Why buy something from Adorama through Amazon? Why not order it directly? Adorama isn't the only seller that has had problems with this kind of issue. This is why I don't buy anything from Amazon unless it is directly sold by Amazon.

In this case it was because there is 5 United Airline miles/dollar from amazon, but not from adorama. Thus much more attractive to buy it from adorama through amazon.

Gear: 5D2 + 17-40mm F/4L + Sigma 50mm F/1.4 + 70-200 F/4L IS
Gitzo 1541T + Markins Q3T

sponsored links

1,463 views & 0 likes for this thread
Don't buy Stroboframe Bracket from Amazon (fulfilled by Adorama)
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.