Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Mar 2012 (Thursday) 22:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

OFFICIAL: Canon 5D Mark III Announced

Ricardo222
Cream of the Crop
16,067 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 03, 2012 15:04 |  #2011

RhysPhotograph.Me wrote in post #14015580 (external link)
Because the 5Diii samples are reminiscent of the 7D as has already been explained???

C'mon you guys...a few awful pics with god-knows-what settings and processing and you're all experts on what a new camera can produce?

Despite all the nay-saying I bet that in a few months time there will be thousands of professional and competent amateur photogs getting stellar results from both the 5D3 and the D800...

All this angst about a camera that none of you have used is kind of sad...but even more sadly, I, like a few others, are drawn by some masochistic impulse to look in on this thread from time to time to see if anything constructive has come up. It probably has, but I just can't be bothered wading through all the BS to find it!:confused::p

Growing old disgracefully!

sponsored links
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,170 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Mar 03, 2012 15:06 |  #2012

watt100 wrote in post #14015623 (external link)
RhysPhotograph.Me formerly used the screen name Rhys216 - a huge 7D thread troll !

Yes, exactly and I had brought that up a few months ago. Both are still active in fact, and I am pretty sure that is against forum rules.

Since I really didn't do anything much to that photo, Rhys answer put the nail in the coffin as to his intent on this thread. I figured that would have been his answer, even though you can tell that the contrast is the only thing that is a bit much. That is what you get with a sharp lens and good light.

Welcome to the ignore list. :D

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 03, 2012 15:06 |  #2013

Ricardo222 wrote in post #14015628 (external link)
C'mon you guys...a few awful pics with god-knows-what settings and processing and you're all experts on what a new camera can produce?

Despite all the nay-saying I bet that in a few months time there will be thousands of professional and competent amateur photogs getting stellar results from both the 5D3 and the D800...

All this angst about a camera that none of you have used is kind of sad...but even more sadly, I, like a few others, are drawn by some masochistic impulse to look in on this thread from time to time to see if anything constructive has come up. It probably has, but I just can't be bothered wading through all the BS to find it!:confused::p

Plus one. :) It has gone beyond insane. ;)

kcbrown
Cream of the Crop
5,384 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 03, 2012 15:06 |  #2014

wuzzittoya wrote in post #14013343 (external link)
This image actually looks oversharpened on my monitor - stair-stepping whiskers, for starters...?

Is that happening on anyone else's? :(

It does look oversharpened a bit. But mainly, it looks like there's no high-frequency detail to speak of. All the detail appears to be relatively low-frequency, as if someone took a lower resolution shot and upscaled it. I don't see any indication that the image in question was upscaled in that manner, however.

Hopefully, the shot in question is not necessarily indicative of the best this camera can really do. We'll have to wait for the real tests before we can say much more.

The image quality is the only question mark here. Assuming the execution is even close to what the specs say it ought to be, this camera gets it right everywhere else. And that comes as a huge surprise to me.

"There are some things that money can't buy, but they aren't Ls and aren't worth having" -- Shooter-boy
Canon: 2 x 7D, Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 OS, 55-250 IS, Sigma 8-16, 24-105L, Sigma 50/1.4, other assorted primes, and a 430EX.
Nikon: D750, D600, 24-85 VR, 50 f/1.8G, 85 f/1.8G, Tamron 24-70 VC, Tamron 70-300 VC.

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,934 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Mar 03, 2012 15:07 |  #2015

TooManyShots wrote in post #14015617 (external link)
Oh, really? You mean a $4k camera is performing as bad or good as a $1500 body? :) Well, the 5dmarkIII is the sh-t. We will have to see if the AF system and the burst speed can actually photograph sports well.

Damn those 5dmkII users who dare step into the sporting world with that camera! :lol:

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 03, 2012 15:07 |  #2016

theviper wrote in post #14015544 (external link)
Why are you now trolling about 7D's in a 5D3 thread?

theviper wrote in post #14015620 (external link)
Not too sensitive. Just sick of reading your pointless drivel.
Find another forum to troll. You don't shoot Canon but you have spent a ridiculous amount of time in this forum knocking a camera you are not even interested in buying.
It's called trolling and it's boring.

RhysPhotograph.Me formerly used the screen name Rhys216 - he was
a huge 7D thread troll !

now resurrected as a 5DmkIII troll !

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,934 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Mar 03, 2012 15:07 |  #2017

Ricardo! As a former 2amer i can see why you like coming in here :p :lol:

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

Maverique
880 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 03, 2012 15:09 |  #2018

I wonder why he does it though.

My website (external link) | My facebook (external link) | My flickr (external link)

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 03, 2012 15:11 |  #2019

Maverique wrote in post #14015658 (external link)

yes, it's really strange.

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 03, 2012 15:13 |  #2020

Rhys , I think it's time to let this thread go. You're basically fighting a giant Canon wall. :) Also, with those who are fanatical of Canon, it isn't going drive a them to the other side. Regardless of specs of both cameras (5D 3 and D800), I believe both will make great images despite the technical flaws that people are prejudging before it's released. ;)

Candersson
Goldmember
1,143 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 03, 2012 15:13 |  #2021

+1
This looks more like a never ending story

HOSTED PHOTO DISPLAY FAILED: ATTACH id 583503 does not exist. ]

Please Rhys - stop beating the dead horse!!

- Thomas -
1DX/1DIV/7D/5DmkII and Lenses | WWW (external link)
So much to learn, so little time...

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 03, 2012 15:13 |  #2022
bannedPermanent ban

watt100 wrote in post #14015667 (external link)
yes, it's really strange.

He is supposedly running a wedding photography business and I assume business are slow there days...:) Why the hell he would make an ass of himself with people knowing his real name and his photography business... :)

One Imaging Photography (external link) and my Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

Tony_Stark
Shellhead
4,287 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 03, 2012 15:14 |  #2023

RhysPhotograph.Me wrote in post #14015626 (external link)
Well Canon can seemingly shrink the 24-70 down, yet while improving IQ.

Olympus already make a 35-100 F2 zoom for smaller sensors, and I would of thought that an F2 24-70 was in the realm of possibility, no different than before the release of an 85L 1.2.
http://asia.olympus-imaging.com …ts/dslr/lenses/​35-100_20/ (external link)

Look at the 200mm f/2.8 vs the 200 f/2 :rolleyes:

Nikon D810 | 24-70/2.8G | 58/1.4G
EOS M | 22 f/2 STM

Website (external link) | flickr (external link)

Maverique
880 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 03, 2012 15:14 |  #2024

Is there a site available with that mighty amazing work of his?

My website (external link) | My facebook (external link) | My flickr (external link)

Ricardo222
Cream of the Crop
16,067 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 03, 2012 15:15 |  #2025

Maverique wrote in post #14015658 (external link)

I so much would like to know the answer to that question! :rolleyes:

Ah, I've got it!!! INSANITY!:D:D

Growing old disgracefully!

sponsored links

446,765 views & 0 likes for this thread
OFFICIAL: Canon 5D Mark III Announced
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.