Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Mar 2012 (Friday) 00:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Who's Pre-Ordering the 5D MKIII?

infinity-photographers
35 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 29, 2012 12:17 as a reply to  @ post 14175189 |  #1561

I love B & H, too . Been ordering from them since 1977 . Have always felt very comfortable , and never have been disappointed , but I have a bunch of shooting starting this weekend , and like Alannis Morriset , I'm a self confessed information junkie .
Just my opinion, but , it seems that the mass dealers are not getting as much love from manufactures as they use to .

Jack

sponsored links
timnosenzo
Cream of the Crop
8,833 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Mar 29, 2012 12:18 |  #1562

henryp wrote in post #14175149 (external link)
You should have our email with your tracking number by now. If not, I can email it to you. We're processing a batch of bodies for shipping right now and others here should be happier soon also.

Arrived today, thanks!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

And my flashes arrived from Adorama.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I have my work cut out for me this weekend trying to get everything figured out.

connecticut wedding photographer (external link)

DL.Photography
Goldmember
1,456 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 29, 2012 12:30 |  #1563

Wow, 3 at once!?

timnosenzo wrote in post #14175301 (external link)
Arrived today, thanks!
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by timnosenzo in
./showthread.php?p=141​75301&i=i10261518
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

out.

- Dan
Gear List & Feedback

timnosenzo
Cream of the Crop
8,833 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Mar 29, 2012 12:33 |  #1564

DL.Photography wrote in post #14175354 (external link)
Wow, 3 at once!?

Replacing my 5D MKII's. Figure they're all going to get replaced anyway, may as well do it now. ;)

connecticut wedding photographer (external link)

rypson
147 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 29, 2012 12:51 |  #1565

infinity-photographers wrote in post #14175297 (external link)
I love B & H, too . Been ordering from them since 1977 . Have always felt very comfortable , and never have been disappointed , but I have a bunch of shooting starting this weekend , and like Alannis Morriset , I'm a self confessed information junkie .
Just my opinion, but , it seems that the mass dealers are not getting as much love from manufactures as they use to .

I totally understand you, I love BH, but I need camera and for the very first time I got my bodies from someone else.

Im not sure what cause this situation that big guys not getting enough love :) Maybe smaller guys asked canon to help them out ?? It is very weird situation, I think BH and Adorma and few other bigger companies lost a LOT of business. First: lots of people cancelled order and most likely if they cancelled they will also get all extras like memory cards, batteries etc from other place, then I see a lot oof frustration about not getting camera etc - especially "new" customer who can't say like me or you that ion the last 10 years this is a first situation like that. They will remember Bh or Adorama as a : that's the store who suck because they didn't send my camera fast enough and most likely they will buy next camera somewhere else and it will be very difficult to get those customers back. I continue to order from BH, and in the matter of fact I just placed my order for all memory cars, batteries etc, however I'll have my "new" small retailer on the list and I will compare price offered by BH and the small guy. Looks like small guys will "deal" with you and offer something extra in the same price or something....

Big Guys should be pissed now. They lost a lot of business and not only now but potential business in the future.....

Living The Dream ! Aviation Photography
http://www.chrisparypa​.com (external link)

Stuart ­ Leslie
611 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 29, 2012 17:51 as a reply to  @ rypson's post |  #1566

You know it is really too bad. I also cancelled my B&H order to get it faster and have been enjoying my 5DIII for a few days now. I still ordered a few odds and ends from B&H the other day (in stock items) and it was great service as usual with a quick delivery. BUT, I am really looking hard at the new 500mm lens coming soon for an upcoming once in a lifetime African Safari in August and I am going to be ordering it from my new friends at Crutchfield instead of B&H when it gets in stock because they really came through for me on the 5D and I feel I can count on them. I am pretty sure B&H will survive without my order though :)

Gear: Canon 5D III, 5D and 7D | 300 f/2.8L IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 85 f/1.8 | 17-55 f/2.8 [COLOR=navy]| 24-105 f/4L | 10-22 | Zeiss 35 f/2 | TS-E 24II | Alienbees
SmugMug Gallery (external link)
Model Mayhem (external link)

rypson
147 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 29, 2012 17:56 as a reply to  @ Stuart Leslie's post |  #1567

Thats what Im talking about.... We know BH we love BH but... after this experience with 5D MK III delivery we know that BH is not the only place in the world to look for photo equipment.....

Im also waiting for that 500mm.... :)

henryp
420 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Mar 30, 2012 08:58 |  #1568

rypson wrote in post #14175454 (external link)
I totally understand you, I love BH, but I need camera and for the very first time I got my bodies from someone else.

Im not sure what cause this situation that big guys not getting enough love :) Maybe smaller guys asked canon to help them out ??

This is SPECULATION on my part but I think Canon USA (and Nikon USA vis a vis the D800) badly underestimated demand, are now begging their respective Japanese headquarters for product as we're begging them, and have to choose one of two incompatible options:
- Service retailers proportionally sending more to the retailer expected to sell 1000 than the one expected to sell 10 or 100, or
- Service dealers equally, sending about the same number to each.

I of course prefer the former but were I the manager of Creve Couer Camera near St. Louis, for example, I might feel otherwise.

Henry Posner (external link)
B&H Photo-Video (external link)

rypson
147 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 30, 2012 09:05 as a reply to  @ henryp's post |  #1569

Henry your Speculation is probably very close to the true :)))))

Like I said I love BH and I can't imagine deal with other people when Im spending sometimes big money I just trust BH but.... the new guys, new photographers.... you know the theory about first impression right ?? and they most likely pick someone else to deal with. Probably after a couple years they will understand how all this works and BH and Adorama get business from them :) I supprt all NY sport teams and businesses :) however never spent a penny at addorama, seems to me like Adorma is more Nikon friendly, maybe Im wrong cuz I shoot with canon :)

mrgooch
Goldmember
3,193 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 30, 2012 09:09 |  #1570

henryp wrote in post #14180221 (external link)
This is SPECULATION on my part but I think Canon USA (and Nikon USA vis a vis the D800) badly underestimated demand, are now begging their respective Japanese headquarters for product as we're begging them, and have to choose one of two incompatible options:
- Service retailers proportionally sending more to the retailer expected to sell 1000 than the one expected to sell 10 or 100, or
- Service dealers equally, sending about the same number to each.

I of course prefer the former but were I the manager of Creve Couer Camera near St. Louis, for example, I might feel otherwise.

Are you able to divulge the amount that Canon first shipped to you?

KinoC
524 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 30, 2012 09:55 |  #1571

I went to Best Buy and they have 4 5DMIII in stock... I was about to buy one but I'm still debating if I should go first for the 24-70MII (April 17) and then do the 5DMIII upgrade. I played with the demo at Best Buy and the first thing I notice was how nice it felt on my hands. The AF was overwhelming :twisted: compared to just one point. The AF was fast, acurate and an easy to set (If you are used to a 7D). The shutter was very silent compared to my 5DMII.

Kino

KC
1Dx |5D MII | 7D|16-35 MII|24-70 MII|70-200 MII

infinity-photographers
35 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 30, 2012 13:12 as a reply to  @ KinoC's post |  #1572

Just received my 5D MK III from Buy.com . Ordered just 25 hours ago . FedEx Ship was $26 .
Initial Impression extremely pleased !
Thanks again for the tip .

Jack

N2bnfunn
757 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 30, 2012 15:21 |  #1573

I did not want to order from Buy.com they WANTED TO MUCH I found out that they were getting these canon 5d from Beach Audio.com I called them and they had the camera for like a 125.00 in stock then buy.com, I got over night shipping for 3,497.10 got it this morning at 9:30 am. I LOVE IT

Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

yannk
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 30, 2012 17:34 as a reply to  @ rypson's post |  #1574

Anyone received their shipment from amazon?

They promised my kit for yesterday (one day shipping) but missed the date, and I have trouble understanding if something's wrong with the shipment or if they are just delaying it to not lose customers...

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 30, 2012 20:08 |  #1575

yannk wrote in post #14182848 (external link)
Anyone received their shipment from amazon?

They promised my kit for yesterday (one day shipping) but missed the date, and I have trouble understanding if something's wrong with the shipment or if they are just delaying it to not lose customers...

I received my body-only from Amazon today, as promised (2 day Prime shipping).

I ordered it 3/2 AM and was alerted to "shipping soon" on last Tuesday. :D

sponsored links

189,267 views & 0 likes for this thread
Who's Pre-Ordering the 5D MKIII?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.