I've been wanting to put together a steampunk shoot for a while now. I spent a couple of months scrounging garage sales and the swap meets for gadgets and gizmos that would fit this genre. I had done some shooting in old warehouses that gave me some interesting backgrounds along with some watch parts that I got to try out my close up extension tubes. Lucky for me, my wife had a Victorian Christmas party in December and provided me with a wealth of Victorian costumes. I invited a some friends over to model and a couple of photography buddies to join in the fun.
(As Captured below)
AB800 with 17" Beauty dish over camera, 2 AB400's with 8"x36" soft boxes with grids as edge lights. Extract from background with CS5 (loving the "Refine Edge" tool) Grunge added with Topaz Adjust.
5. (Lined the box with aluminum foil and put 6 small LED flashlights in it. Rays added in post.)