I have made up my mind (I think) to purchase a Canon 60D (Vs a 7D).
I love composition, especially landcsapes-not into technical aspects of photography.
1) Does the 60D have an in-camera leveling guide? I have used other DSLR's that have the grid lines showing camera level. Really helps in hand held landscape shots.
2) Is the 18-135 kit lens acceptable for landscapes? I have talked to others who own this lens and they tell me it is satisfactory.
3) Is a lens hood a good intial investment (I believe so)?
4) I am looking to return to Italy in 2013. I need a good lens for "no flash" indoor photography. I plan to purchase this lens in the next 9-12 months and I want to look for this lens when it "goes on sale". What would be a good lens for this type of application?
5) I see there are LCD lens protector guards you can purchase for the 60D. I purchased some for my G9 but they didn't work well at all- kept peeling off. Do LCD lens protectors really work?