Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Mar 2012 (Thursday) 22:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is there a way to show focal point in LR3?

weegee
486 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 22, 2012 22:55 |  #1

I've been playing around with AI servo past couple days and trying to determine whether expanded AF is better for my needs. The focal point I'm getting from the small info screen in the playback on camera is hard to match up against a bigger sized image on LR on my PC.

Also want to make sure my lens isn't back/front focusing.

Which option (if any) allows you to display focal point?

TIA

My Online Gallery: http://fotoluigi.zenfo​lio.com/ (external link)
Elan II, 5D3, 17-40L f/4, 24-105L f/4, 70-200L f/4, 85 f/1.8, 50 f/1.8

sponsored links
jase1125
Goldmember
3,027 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined May 2010

Mar 22, 2012 23:59 |  #2

No in Lightroom. You can show the af point in dpp.

Jason

weegee
THREAD ­ STARTER
486 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 23, 2012 00:51 |  #3

I had a feeling you were going to say that. Now I have to go and dig up that disc. Hopefully I can download newer version from somewhere because my copy is from 4+ years ago

jgogums
729 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 23, 2012 02:07 |  #4

You can download the updated version of DPP from Canon USA. Here is the link. Make sure you choose the correct OS you are running. This link is for Win 7 (x64).
Also, you may have to install the original DPP software from your old disc then update. Hope this helps. http://www.usa.canon.c​om …ark_ii#DriversA​ndSoftware (external link)

Gregg.Siam
Goldmember
2,383 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 23, 2012 03:16 as a reply to  @ jgogums's post |  #5

You don't need the disk. Do a bit of Googling for DPP 1.0, download it, then download the updated version. I got it last weekend this way. (no idea where my disk is)

Actually I got it from this guys post on Flickr, but now I only see the updater listed on Canon's link.
http://www.flickr.com …iscuss/72157626​535210872/ (external link)

Another method is to go to Canon's 1D site and grab it by entering "12345" or any 5 digit number for a serial number.

5D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4 L| 50mm f/1.8 | 600EX-RT [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=bl​ue][FONT="]|
∞ 500px (external link)
flickr (external link)

weegee
THREAD ­ STARTER
486 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 23, 2012 10:39 |  #6

awesome. thanks, all. I got I think what is the newest version.

Looks like my lens is pretty much spot on. Might need a tiny little micro adjustment. And I actually did better than I thought on hitting the square on the eye. But of course, on the 5Dc, there's no room for error.

sponsored links

1,175 views & 0 likes for this thread
Is there a way to show focal point in LR3?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.