Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Apr 2012 (Monday) 18:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D III Color Calibration

Saxi
Goldmember
2,781 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 02, 2012 18:59 |  #1

If you have a 5D III, you are welcome to use this calibration pre-set to calibrate your 5D III. There is a noticeable de-saturation in the reds and greens with some minor adjustments across the board. This preset is calibrated against a SpyderCheckr and is stored as a LR preset.

Images will lose a little pop, but they should come through as more accurate. Can latter add any saturation/vibrance PP. Give it a shot, and let me know how you feel about it.

It is somewhat minor except for red/green.

If you want to give it a go, here is the preset. Do whatever you like with it.
http://www.mediafire.c​om/?repd56lf10lcrfc (external link)

If you look under the HSL you will see the changes. This is a profile that can be applied on import if you chose, it is not a "camera calibration" so in theory it is actually more accurate as there is much more adjustments possible.

5D III, 24-105mm f/4 L, 135mm f/2 L, 70-200mm f/4 IS L, 580EX II
Full Gear List
Flickr Photostream (external link)

sponsored links
Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 02, 2012 19:03 |  #2

Where do you place this file to show in LR4?

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Saxi
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,781 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 02, 2012 19:04 |  #3

Invertalon wrote in post #14199093 (external link)
Where do you place this file to show in LR4?

Under your presets folder like any other LR preset. Then you will find it in the left side under presets. You can optionally apply it on import if you find it perfect for your liking.

Look under HSL settings to see the differences.

Full Gear List

Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 02, 2012 19:13 |  #4

Got it, thanks!

Looks pretty good... I myself adjusted the RED saturation slider down to -15 or so the other day, and the calibration looks fairly close. I will use this if colors looks off at times. Thanks!

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Saxi
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,781 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 02, 2012 19:15 |  #5

Invertalon wrote in post #14199130 (external link)
Got it, thanks!

Looks pretty good... I myself adjusted the RED saturation slider down to -15 or so the other day, and the calibration looks fairly close. I will use this if colors looks off at times. Thanks!

If you use a color calibration, you typically use it all the time or never. You are adjusting the slight imperfections of the camera model to be more normalized. If you decide you later want to boost something, it is best to do it independently with post changes.

Full Gear List

Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 02, 2012 19:21 |  #6

I am assuming this must be in Adobe Standard profile to be accurate?

Mine was in faithful (that I adjusted my reds based off that)... When switched back to Adobe Standard and the calibration was applied the difference was much more significant. So it should be in Standard I am guessing?

Oh yes, I know you should use it always/never, I just meant to compare to the profile I had made for myself and see which I like the look of better. But thanks for the option if we want! :D

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Saxi
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,781 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 02, 2012 19:23 |  #7

Invertalon wrote in post #14199171 (external link)
I am assuming this must be in Adobe Standard profile to be accurate?

Mine was in faithful (that I adjusted my reds based off that)... When switched back to Adobe Standard and the calibration was applied the difference was much more significant. So it should be in Standard I am guessing?

That is your preference, I personally do not like any of the profiles outside of Adobe Standard. I find they oversaturate/undersatu​rate things way too much for my liking. If you use an X-Rite Passport, you can create your own profiles which I do as well.

This preset method is suppose to be more accurate as you have 24 adjustments compared to 7 with camera profiles.

Full Gear List

Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 02, 2012 19:32 |  #8

Oh no, I am just asking if this is meant to be in Adobe Standard to be accurate based off your testing/calibration, which I see now it should be. That is all! I was just making sure I was doing this right.

Thanks again... Set it up so it defaults to the calibration and adobe standard profile :D

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,621 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D III Color Calibration
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.