Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 14 Apr 2012 (Saturday) 17:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Yes...another "1st wedding" post

Allen ­ K
THREAD ­ STARTER
219 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 18, 2012 10:20 as a reply to  @ post 14284597 |  #16

Thanks Strad.ks. I really wanted this to come off well for them. It was a complete rush doing this. I want to thank gtrag94 for your HSS procedure. I'm going to work on this in the afternoon (thanks for the tips!). I need to practice to the point that my thought process is much quicker. For instance, not only do I need to learn HSS, but I need to realize when it should be used and how to effieciently make it happen. As the afternoon progressed, moving quickly through a pose/situation instead of stopping and thinking about the options or how it could be done differently (other than my first initial thought) wasn't happening enough. I honestly don't recall if I would have opened up and lowered my ISO if I would have been able to get the same effect at that time of day.
Everytime I look through this forum, I think "great pose", "great effect", "great processing"...would I do another wedding?...absolutely. The minute I hit Lightroom with the photos and saw the results, my list that was started of what I would have done differently, grew.
I was actually partial to the sunset photos although it appears most here were not. As some liked the afternoon ones, here's two more. Let me have it...

IMAGE: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4jfhaWAEjOs/T47V2XVayyI/AAAAAAAA9cE/zDACXuV6Dgw/s800/Raquel%2520%2526%2520Jeff%2527s%2520Wedding%2520Day-247.jpg

IMAGE: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-sTMs4C8gi4c/T47V4nX_v-I/AAAAAAAA9cM/e5laXO_EhYY/s800/Raquel%2520%2526%2520Jeff%2527s%2520Wedding%2520Day-255.jpg

Allen - Gear List

sponsored links
SubliM3
Goldmember
1,548 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 18, 2012 17:17 |  #17

You did a great job, these are awesome!

http://500px.com/Mitch​T (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/MitchTancio (external link)
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/mitcht/ (external link)

Joanne85016
75 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 27, 2012 19:17 |  #18

Very nice job...love photos 1-5 especially!

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 28, 2012 14:13 |  #19

Sorry if you mentioned this already, but is this the QM2?

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

Allen ­ K
THREAD ­ STARTER
219 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 29, 2012 10:04 as a reply to  @ PeaceFire's post |  #20

Thank you Joanne85016 and SubliM3

Peacefire...The QM

IMAGE: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Ii74yuMd9s0/T51XAcU96cI/AAAAAAAA9l0/dxtVLm4-Ke4/s800/Raquel%2520%2526%2520Jeff%2527s%2520Wedding-303-2.jpg

Allen - Gear List

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 29, 2012 12:21 |  #21

Ah! That's what I meant. It would be hard to be the QM2 since she's still sailing. I love that ship. You are so lucky you got to shoot on it. I've been in it a few times to check in to cruises but never to stay or capture anything. It's on my bucket list. I really like how you used the decks up above. Do you have any where you pulled back a bit and captured a bit more of the boat besides the one in the first set you posted? It's such a unique setting that it's almost like an important wedding guest.

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

Allen ­ K
THREAD ­ STARTER
219 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 29, 2012 13:24 as a reply to  @ PeaceFire's post |  #22

Thanks PeaceFire.

For a 1st wedding (1st big job of any kind) it was pretty awesome. I agree, it was a great venue!

Like I said above...I started a list of what I'd do differently. Taking basis shots of the venue would be on that list. I think I took a snapshot of the ship while I was waiting for security but nothing that was worthy to process. Some others were taken on the deck with the city lights in the background but no bride and groom. One of the cool things as "wedding photographer", I had to go thru their security with my standbag and rolling case. As they don't want you entering through the public channels, they give you a key to access their cargo and staff elevators. My son and I took the gear through the areas of the ship that most don't get to see. They were great! Not stuffy security but a very polite staff.

I do have a few more images around the stacks and vents(?). We did have a short time to take a walk about the decks before the bride & groom were ready (mostly to calm my nerves). Once they arrived, there was less time to get all that I wanted to get done before the sunset and the ceremony started.

The wedding dress and shoe shot was taken in one of the staterooms that the bride and groom had reserved...very small but very nostalgic.

Allen - Gear List

sponsored links

3,469 views & 0 likes for this thread
Yes...another "1st wedding" post
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.