Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 Apr 2012 (Wednesday) 17:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Do NOT Order/Buy from Unique Photo

Kaotic ­ Lazagna
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 17:32 |  #1

Canon T2i / 18-55mm kit lens / Sigma 30mm f1.4 / Canon 85mm f1.8 / Canon 100mm f2.8

sponsored links
Kaotic ­ Lazagna
THREAD ­ STARTER
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 17:35 |  #2

Oh, and I did not have the lens for the event.

Canon T2i / 18-55mm kit lens / Sigma 30mm f1.4 / Canon 85mm f1.8 / Canon 100mm f2.8

moose10101
registered smartass
1,745 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2010

Apr 18, 2012 17:45 |  #3

Unique Photo

http://www.resellerrat​ings.com/store/Unique_​Photo_Inc (external link)

Rating: 9.58 for the past 6 months

I could have delivered it in person for $50.

Kaotic ­ Lazagna
THREAD ­ STARTER
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 17:49 |  #4

I ordered my lens from them, I'm in the west coast and no where near their store.

I should have ordered my lens from B&H. I've ordered a few things from B&H and never had a problem with them. The only reason why I ordered from Unique was because they were selling the 30 1.4 for $50 less than B&H.

You-by-Lou
Goldmember
1,691 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 18, 2012 17:55 |  #5

I have had no problems with them at all.

You may say I'm a Zoomer, But I'm not the only one
Canon 5D mkIII
135L my new favorite

Kaotic ­ Lazagna
THREAD ­ STARTER
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 17:58 |  #6

Glad you didn't. I guess they took advantage of me since I'm no where near their store. I have yet to receive an answer from the first time I contacted them. So much for customer service.

TaDa
...as cool as Perry
6,742 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 18, 2012 18:04 |  #7

I've ordered around $10k worth of stuff from them and never had an issue. With the Sigma 30mm issues, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is with Sigma, not Unique. It was probably a return back to Sigma that they sent to Unique. Sigma's QC is FAR from great. As to the question about "new" vs. "old" finish, do you really expect them to open every single box they have, unpackage the lens and look at it to tell you about the finish?

Every time I have spoken to someone over the phone, they have been very accommodating and knowledgeable. Sorry to hear that you had an issue with them.

Name is Peter and here is my gear:
Canon 5D II, Canon 7D, Canon 40D
Glass - Zeiss 21 f/2.8 ZE, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 40 f/2.8 STM, Canon 24-70 f/2.8
L, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 500 f/4L IS
Speedlite 580ex II, 430ex - Gitzo GT-3541XLS w/ Arca B1

Kaotic ­ Lazagna
THREAD ­ STARTER
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 18:07 |  #8

TaDa wrote in post #14288892 (external link)
I've ordered around $10k worth of stuff from them and never had an issue. With the Sigma 30mm issues, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is with Sigma, not Unique. It was probably a return back to Sigma that they sent to Unique. Sigma's QC is FAR from great. As to the question about "new" vs. "old" finish, do you really expect them to open every single box they have, unpackage the lens and look at it to tell you about the finish?

Every time I have spoken to someone over the phone, they have been very accommodating and knowledgeable. Sorry to hear that you had an issue with them.

No, I don't expect them to open each box, but I expect them to know about the products they sell. They could have even told me an answer like, "I'm sorry, but there is no way for us to know that" rather than never replying to me.

And for them to lie about their return shipping label, completely BS. How are they going to tell me to use it when it was the incorrect shipping weight, and it wasn't even insured (again, their return instructions say that it HAS to be insured).

Kaotic ­ Lazagna
THREAD ­ STARTER
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 18:08 |  #9

It seems like people in the east coast have good experience with them from the responses I'm seeing here.

TaDa
...as cool as Perry
6,742 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 18, 2012 18:11 |  #10

Yeah, you're right, they're screwing you because you're from the West Coast. The thousands of positive reviews that they have on here and other sites are ALL from people living on the eastern seaboard.

And if they ignored your email, did you ever call them per chance? If you don't like the answer, ask to speak to a boss. If you don't like his/her answer, speak to THEIR boss. It's stuff that you cannot do via email.

And also, from the tone of your posts on here, I'd be ignoring your email as well. You sound like you're an irate 12 year old that wants his way and wants it now via text, but I'm sure that you're completely calm and just aren't coming across in text with the message the way that you're trying to relay it.

Glass - Zeiss 21 f/2.8 ZE, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 40 f/2.8 STM, Canon 24-70 f/2.8

Kaotic ­ Lazagna
THREAD ­ STARTER
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 18:15 |  #11

TaDa wrote in post #14288932 (external link)
Yeah, you're right, they're screwing you because you're from the West Coast. The thousands of positive reviews that they have on here and other sites are ALL from people living on the eastern seaboard.

And if they ignored your email, did you ever call them per chance? If you don't like the answer, ask to speak to a boss. If you don't like his/her answer, speak to THEIR boss. It's stuff that you cannot do via email.

And also, from the tone of your posts on here, I'd be ignoring your email as well. You sound like you're an irate 12 year old that wants his way and wants it now via text, but I'm sure that you're completely calm and just aren't coming across in text with the message the way that you're trying to relay it.

No sir, my first e-mail to them was very calm and professional, as I always am. It's when a business offers bad customer service that I become unsatisfied.

No I do not want things my way all the time, and I do not want things now. I have patience, but like I said, my experience with Unique isn't good.

TaDa
...as cool as Perry
6,742 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 18, 2012 18:16 |  #12

And all that I'm saying is that text can read completely differently than how you are trying to get your message across. It's why I advise that you call them, and calmly and politely tell them your experience, and see if they can satisfy your concerns.

Kaotic ­ Lazagna
THREAD ­ STARTER
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 18:20 |  #13

Just think about it, if you ordered/bought something and it was in horrible condition upon opening, would you not be irritated, especially when you followed the instructions given to you on how to return said item?

That's like buying something from Best Buy, for example, getting home, opening the box, finding the item damaged or faulty, and you having to pay the restocking fees.

Also, it is a possibility that since I'm no where near them that they would change their customer service habits. Like I said, judging from the responses here and the locations of each user, everyone is from the east coast. It is simply an observation.

Kaotic ­ Lazagna
THREAD ­ STARTER
339 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 18, 2012 18:22 |  #14

TaDa wrote in post #14288950 (external link)
And all that I'm saying is that text can read completely differently than how you are trying to get your message across. It's why I advise that you call them, and calmly and politely tell them your experience, and see if they can satisfy your concerns.

Judging from their replies to my return/exchange ordeal, I highly doubt they will do anything for me. I'm taking this as a loss and a lesson learn of where to and not to order things.

been
258 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 18, 2012 18:24 |  #15

Kaotic Lazagna wrote in post #14288830 (external link)
The only reason why I ordered from Unique was because they were selling the 30 1.4 for $50 less than B&H.

So was it worth the $50?

My Feedback

sponsored links

3,272 views & 0 likes for this thread
Do NOT Order/Buy from Unique Photo
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.