Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 19 Apr 2012 (Thursday) 07:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show me your customized Wordpress websites!

ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,975 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 20, 2012 20:10 |  #16

theague wrote in post #14300393 (external link)
is that a widget that displays your four categories and changes when you hover over certain parts?

No, it was programmed into the theme. I bought it on themeforest but it's no longer supported, and wasn't very well supported when I bought it! It took me 3 days to figure it out and get it to where it is now. I haven't updated it in a long time.

Gear
Website (external link)

sponsored links
ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,975 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 20, 2012 20:26 |  #17

fotojennik wrote in post #14299974 (external link)
I like your site, but I think you need a new logo :D I might be able to help you out if you give me some ideas/starting points

I really do need a logo. I've tried, but I don't have the creative talent or the graphic skills to design one, so I defaulted to just the typed name.

I got in on this thread, so I'm anxious to see what he comes up with! I don't really know where to start with logo designs...like I said, I lack the creative talent!

Gear
Website (external link)

fotojennik
THREAD ­ STARTER
213 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 20, 2012 20:27 |  #18

ShotByTom wrote in post #14300923 (external link)
I really do need a logo. I've tried, but I don't have the creative talent or the graphic skills to design one, so I defaulted to just the typed name.

I got in on this thread, so I'm anxious to see what he comes up with! I don't really know where to start with logo designs...like I said, I lack the creative talent!

well if he doesn't come through let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Pittsburgh Wedding Photographer (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Gear List

ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,975 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 20, 2012 20:53 |  #19

fotojennik wrote in post #14300928 (external link)
well if he doesn't come through let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you! I'll definitely let you know!

You're welcome to give it a shot too!

Gear
Website (external link)

AdoriaPhotography
55 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 21, 2012 08:18 as a reply to  @ ShotByTom's post |  #20

Here is one I did for my wife that went live a few weeks ago.

http://adoriaphotograp​hy.com.au (external link)

The Nextgen gallery plugin is used for managing the portfolio and proof galleries.
The styling was initially based on the Woothemes Statua Commerce theme (which I have significantly customized). It also uses the woocommerce plugin for shopping cart integration features. The proofing gallery (which you cant see due to password protection) lets you preview images via a customized nextgen gallery page. Images are cloudzoom enabled (from Professor Cloud) so areas of detail can be magnified wherever the mouse is hovered. Photos can be ordered directly from the nextgen gallery via custom buttons to buy in various sizes, define the desired cropping and print options (i use a custom gravity form for this linked to the woocommerce photo products)

Regards, Steve

Regards, Steve - Adoria Photography (external link)
---------------
5d MKii | 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM ii | 24-70mm F2.8L | 50 F1.4 | 28-135 IS USM | Phottix Odin | Phottix Strato ii | 580ex2 | 430ex2 | 2 x YN-560ii | Kacey Beauty Reflector

tman2782
987 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 21, 2012 09:36 |  #21

Mines @ www.terencepereiraphot​o.com (external link)

Terence # www.terencepereiraphot​o.com (external link)
facebook (external link) | twitter (external link) | flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link) | GearList

k-style
"I get it now...... Or do I?"
1,497 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 21, 2012 12:27 |  #22

Here is mine, definitely work in progress trying to keep as simple and minimalist as possible

http://www.elkincardon​aphotography.com/blog (external link)

"You know an odd feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate candy bar."
-George Carlin-
My Blog! (external link)
| Canon 5DMKII | Nikon D700 | Nikkor 14-24 f2.8 | Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 | Nikkor 105 f2.8 micro | Sigma 15mm f2.8 | 135L f2.0 | 50L f1.2 | 35L f1.4 | 24LII f1.4 | 580EXII | sb-900

fotojennik
THREAD ­ STARTER
213 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 21, 2012 13:41 |  #23

k-style wrote in post #14303656 (external link)
Here is mine, definitely work in progress trying to keep as simple and minimalist as possible

http://www.elkincardon​aphotography.com/blog (external link)

One comment I would make is that the white text of your menu items/links are difficult to read on the light grey background.
Aside from that it's fine and your photos are great.

Pittsburgh Wedding Photographer (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Gear List

Cybnew
Goldmember
2,010 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Apr 21, 2012 13:43 |  #24

http://www.mathewrupp.​com (external link)

Gear List
Well, my name is Mat, but most people call me... Mat.

John_B
Cream of the Crop
7,036 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Apr 21, 2012 14:45 |  #25

Here is my old fashioned, simple, custom wordpress design :)
JohnBdigital.com (external link)

Sony A6500, A6000, Apeman A80, & a bunch of Lenses.............  (external link)
click to see (external link)
JohnBdigital.com (external link)

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 21, 2012 15:09 |  #26

I am using wordpress.com and a free theme, and I have not quite gotten it to look like I want, but it is getting better.

http://www.heathhurwit​z.com (external link)

Are most people hosting their own sites? Doing some research on SEO, apparently .com is better than .org, but definitely not as flexible. It is not clear if I should get a premium theme, or maybe get pay to get access to the style sheets. Or if I should start hosting my own site.

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

fotojennik
THREAD ­ STARTER
213 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 21, 2012 16:05 |  #27

Heath wrote in post #14304308 (external link)
I am using wordpress.com and a free theme, and I have not quite gotten it to look like I want, but it is getting better.

Are most people hosting their own sites? Doing some research on SEO, apparently .com is better than .org, but definitely not as flexible. It is not clear if I should get a premium theme, or maybe get pay to get access to the style sheets. Or if I should start hosting my own site.

I'm in the same boat. I feel way too limited with the free time, even though I customized as much as I could. I need access to the full style sheets as well as to the extra page templates to be able to accomplish what I really want. Therefore, I'm going to purchase a full theme -- but once I made that decision, deciding which one became quite difficult, hah.

ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,975 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 21, 2012 20:47 |  #28

Heath wrote in post #14304308 (external link)

I host mine on GoDaddy.com and they've been great. I've had to call a few times to ask for help. I was very happy with the service, no wait at all, they took the time to walk me thru fixing what I screwed up and were very pleasant.

Gear
Website (external link)

fotojennik
THREAD ­ STARTER
213 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 21, 2012 21:08 |  #29

Tom -- if I wasn't busy trying to build my own website and my business, I would have more time to put forth a better effort. Plus -- hey you already have a graphics person working on a logo for you :p

Here is my 5 min effort, for what it's worth, lol.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

ShotByTom
Goldmember
2,975 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 25, 2012 15:06 |  #30

fotojennik wrote in post #14305704 (external link)
Tom -- if I wasn't busy trying to build my own website and my business, I would have more time to put forth a better effort. Plus -- hey you already have a graphics person working on a logo for you :p

Here is my 5 min effort, for what it's worth, lol.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

That's much more creative than anything I've come up with, I love it!

Gear
Website (external link)

sponsored links

6,220 views & 0 likes for this thread
Show me your customized Wordpress websites!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.