Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 28 Apr 2012 (Saturday) 01:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need Help Finding a Case to Transport Audio Gear

ChadAndreo
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 28, 2012 01:19 |  #1

This might be better posted here than in the accessories and storage forum
I am looking for a case to transport my Tascam DR-100mkII, 2x Zoom H1s, dslr mic, studio headphones and various cables.
I bought THIS (external link), but it wasnt quite big enough.
Do you guys have any suggestions?

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

sponsored links
John ­ Sims
Goldmember
1,437 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Apr 29, 2012 03:55 |  #2

I can't see what THIS is but am given to wonder if you just want a bigger version on THIS?

I'm a great lover of Lowepro S&F gear. They do a great selection of bags and pouches which you can hook together. I tend to carry my main camera gear in one bag and Audio, lighting, stobes, charger etc in separate bags which I can attach as the need arises. I haven't yet resorted to the Special Opps style vest but might invest (see what I did there) for this summers round of shooting.

John Sims
Canon 60D, 30D, 10D, AE1 & some other stuff

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 29, 2012 05:35 |  #3

If PortaBrace doesn't have a solution for you, then there's no solution...

http://www.portabrace.​com/ (external link)

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Channel ­ One
Goldmember
1,649 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 29, 2012 14:48 |  #4

ChadAndreo wrote in post #14342408 (external link)
I am looking for a case to transport my Tascam DR-100mkII, 2x Zoom H1s, dslr mic, studio headphones and various cables.

Transport as in from location to location, or while in use?

If from location to location, then Pelican Case wold be what your are looking for.

http://pelican.com/ (external link)

If for in-use applications then as already mentioned Porta-Brace is probably your best choice.

http://www.portabrace.​com/ (external link)

Wayne

Madness takes its toll, please have exact change. (external link)

NPPA Member District 6.
SMPTE Atlanta.

ChadAndreo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 29, 2012 16:03 |  #5

Oops. Here is the correct link from the first post
http://www.amazon.com …ef=oh_details_o​02_s00_i02 (external link)
I will check out the recommendations that have been posted.

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

ChasWG
Goldmember
3,640 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 29, 2012 23:54 |  #6

I'll second Wayne's suggestion of a Pelican case. I use their larger 1650 case for air plane travel for my pro audio gear all the time, as well as the smaller (but deeper) 1520 case. Once your stuff is secured inside these cases, it's not going to be damaged. Many times these cases can be had with the pop out foam so you can custom fit all the foam padding for all your bits.

The only down side to Pelican cases is that they are heavy themselves, thus limiting the amount of gear that you can fit into the cases and still make them pass airline standards of only 50lbs (70lbs for confirmed media rate). I can get either of my cases to hold right at 65lbs to just make it and to have just a bit extra to spare incase I need to shove a coat into one of my cases.

Chas Gordon
7D Gripped/40D Gripped/10-24/EF24-70 f2.8L/EF70-200 f4L/EF50 f1.8 Mk I/EF85 f1.8
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/chaswg/ (external link)
http://vimeo.com/user9​461302/videos (external link)

sponsored links

860 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need Help Finding a Case to Transport Audio Gear
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.