Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 03 May 2012 (Thursday) 06:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Vancouver Whitecaps at FC Edmonton - May 2nd, 2012

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 03, 2012 06:44 |  #1

Some shots from last night's game, T3i and (rented) 100-400 L combo. The sun disappeared for the second half so I pushed the ISO to 6400 and had to bring down shutter to 1/640.

Edmonton is a 2nd-tier team (NASL), so Vancouver were the heavy favourites to win. They scored two in the first half and Edmonton weren't able to come back. Second leg is in Vancouver and the "Eddies" surely have their work cut out for them.

Comments welcome!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Joel

sponsored links
mrwilt
474 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 03, 2012 08:04 |  #2

Awesome shots! Where did you rent the 100-400?

Canon EOS 1D MKIII | Canon EOS Rebel T1i Gripped | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Ʃ 70-200mm f/2.8 II APO EX DG Macro
smugmug (external link)
facebook (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,641 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 03, 2012 08:59 |  #3

nice work, really like 2,4,5 and 7

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 03, 2012 11:04 |  #4

mrwilt wrote in post #14371901 (external link)
Awesome shots! Where did you rent the 100-400?

rick_reno wrote in post #14372174 (external link)
nice work, really like 2,4,5 and 7

Thanks guys, I will admit there's plenty of room for improvement - I was trying all night to get a header shot with ball in frame but failed miserably... :(

I rented the 100-400 from a local place called Vistek, some people have called it the "Canadian B&H". Not sure how accurate that statement is!

Joel

Hannya
Goldmember
1,062 posts
Joined Apr 2008

May 03, 2012 12:37 |  #5

Good action but the aperture seems to have been too wide so the bgs distract. Wide aperture + reach = loads of dosh

“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Sports Pics (external link)

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 03, 2012 12:51 |  #6

Hannya wrote in post #14373502 (external link)
Good action but the aperture seems to have been too wide so the bgs distract. Wide aperture + reach = loads of dosh

Unfortunately the 100-400L wide open is only f/5.6 when zoomed. Possibly could have rented a 300 f/2.8 but that was double the price and I didn't want to be caught wishing I had a zoom.

Maybe next time..?

Joel

Sunfighter
54 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 04, 2012 02:11 |  #7

Some great shots! Just a shame the game was so poorly attended.

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 04, 2012 08:47 |  #8

Sunfighter wrote in post #14377280 (external link)
Some great shots! Just a shame the game was so poorly attended.

The official count was around 2700 - however the stadium has a capacity of around 60,000! The crowd was confined to one section and I do have a shot of them in the pile.

Joel

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 05, 2012 22:24 |  #9

More photos here:
http://www.flickr.com …58933359/with/6​993935646/ (external link)

Joel

sponsored links

1,596 views & 0 likes for this thread
Vancouver Whitecaps at FC Edmonton - May 2nd, 2012
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.