Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 03 May 2012 (Thursday) 20:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Help! Photo session with no card!

this thread is locked
AmandaLeigh
223 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 03, 2012 20:57 |  #1

I had photo session today and accidentaly forgot my SD card at home. I continued with the shoot hoping I would be able to get the pics off but I can't figure out how too. It's a Canon Rebel T3i. Please please tell me I can get the pics off my camera! Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I own a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. 50mm lens and 55-250mm lens. Canon rocks!
Amanda Leigh Photography
http://amandaleighphot​os.weebly.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
va_rider
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Nov 2009

May 03, 2012 20:58 |  #2

You're joking right?

Canon 5dmkIII, Sigma 15mm f/2.8FE; 35mm f/1.4; Canon EF70-200 f/2.8L IS II; --- YN560 x 7
I'm not a professional photographer, and I don't want to be.
Flickr (external link)

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,324 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2009

May 03, 2012 21:00 |  #3

There are no pics.

tohara
417 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 03, 2012 21:00 |  #4

lol

500px (external link)
Sony A7r | Leica M6 Titanium | Ricoh GR1 | Nikon FM2 | Pink Lomo Sprocket Rocket
Zeiss 55mm f1.8 | Leica 35mm f2 Summicron ASPH | Polaroid Cool Cams (external link)

Eric ­ T
566 posts
Joined Dec 2007

May 03, 2012 21:01 |  #5

...wow

Canon Gripped 5D Mark iii x2 & 1DX | Canon 400mm & 300mm f/2.8 L IS | Canon 15mm, 16-35mm f/4 IS, 24-70mm f/2.8 ii, and 85 f/1.2 Mark ii | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II |Canon 580EX II Speedlite Flash | Canon 1.4x III

charro ­ callado
Goldmember
1,144 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

May 03, 2012 21:02 |  #6

No card = no photos.

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,324 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 03, 2012 21:02 |  #7

For the future, see if your camera has a custom function that prevents you from even taking a shot if no memory card is present.

tohara
417 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 03, 2012 21:04 |  #8

'no SD card' should show up on the screen every time you take a photo

500px (external link)
Sony A7r | Leica M6 Titanium | Ricoh GR1 | Nikon FM2 | Pink Lomo Sprocket Rocket
Zeiss 55mm f1.8 | Leica 35mm f2 Summicron ASPH | Polaroid Cool Cams (external link)

shawncorson
335 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 03, 2012 21:10 |  #9

I feel just awful reading that! Sorry to hear that love :(

Equipment: 5D MKii / 50mm 1.8 / 70-200mm F4L / 100mm 2.8 / 430ex II (x2)
http://facebook.com/re​galrebelphoto (external link) | http://regalrebelphoto​.com (external link)

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,322 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

May 03, 2012 21:17 as a reply to  @ tohara's post |  #10

You are going to have to apologise to your client and say there was an [Unspecified] technical problem, and that the camera didn't record the image to the card (kinda true). They will need to come in for a free re-shoot. You should probably throw in some extra prints or a discount for their trouble.

Going forward you will want to prepare a pre-flight check-list so that you never leave home again without a necessary piece of kit.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

AmandaLeigh
THREAD ­ STARTER
223 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 03, 2012 21:19 |  #11

Dan Marchant wrote in post #14376200 (external link)
You are going to have to apologise to your client and say there was an [Unspecified] technical problem, and that the camera didn't record the image to the card (kinda true). They will need to come in for a free re-shoot. You should probably throw in some extra prints or a discount for their trouble.

Going forward you will want to prepare a pre-flight check-list so that you never leave home again without a necessary piece of kit.

thanks for being kind about it. This is my first DSLR so I was used to my point and shoot having an internal memory. I didn't know that DSLR's didn't have them. I told her already and she understands. The shoot was free anyway.

Amanda Leigh Photography

AmandaLeigh
THREAD ­ STARTER
223 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 03, 2012 21:21 |  #12

For the rest of you all who responded you didn't have to act so rude. This is my first DSLR and i'm used to having an internal memory if i've forgotten the card. I didn't know that DSLR's didn't come with an interntal memory so ya'll saying, "wow" and "lol" really makes me feel more awful about the situation and makes me feel dumb.

Amanda Leigh Photography

Drozz119
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 03, 2012 21:29 |  #13

AmandaLeigh wrote in post #14376218 (external link)
For the rest of you all who responded you didn't have to act so rude. This is my first DSLR and i'm used to having an internal memory if i've forgotten the card. I didn't know that DSLR's didn't come with an interntal memory so ya'll saying, "wow" and "lol" really makes me feel more awful about the situation and makes me feel dumb.

If you're still into photography 2 years from now.. Youll think this is funny! Just like we do. I don't think 'wow' or 'lol' are rude and you will laugh about it months from now.

ShoFilms (external link)
gear

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,416 posts
Gallery: 211 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

May 03, 2012 21:31 |  #14

mike_d wrote in post #14376129 (external link)
For the future, see if your camera has a custom function that prevents you from even taking a shot if no memory card is present.

Definitely find that custom function as set it. On the T2i it is in the first menu (camera with one star) "Release Shutter Without Card". You need to disable that feature to prevent this from happening again.

Dan Marchant wrote in post #14376200 (external link)

This.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,324 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 03, 2012 21:33 |  #15

Also, you should really have more than one memory card. I have a card wallet tethered to my bag. So even if I were to leave a card on my desk, I'd have plenty more to use once I got on site.

sponsored links

11,500 views & 0 likes for this thread
Help! Photo session with no card!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.