Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 13 May 2012 (Sunday) 19:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Signature CC

media ­ by ­ lou
22 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 13, 2012 19:22 |  #1

I've been wanting to update my copyright signature for a while now, and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

It's never gonna be a perfect picture to everyone...but I'm okay with that.
Canon T3i 18-55mm, 55-250mm

sponsored links
StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

May 13, 2012 22:28 |  #2

#1 for sure. it is way more balanced. however I feel like the entire thing needs opacity and resolution adjustment. if it is going to be 1 color.

stanclark
Goldmember
1,143 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 13, 2012 22:39 |  #3

you have black letters with gray shadow which is good, but grey letters with gray shadow is bad....if want the grey to pop use a black shadow..

So if God made Man & Woman....whats his excuse for Nikon...

Batsy
126 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2010

May 13, 2012 23:39 as a reply to  @ stanclark's post |  #4

Number 1 definitely. Though I do agree with stanclark, I think a black shadow will look better in the design.

media ­ by ­ lou
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 13, 2012 23:50 |  #5

Thanks for the shadow tip. I didn't even think about that. Can you tell what the circle object is suppose to be?

Batsy
126 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2010

May 14, 2012 00:16 |  #6

media by lou wrote in post #14427616 (external link)
Thanks for the shadow tip. I didn't even think about that. Can you tell what the circle object is suppose to be?

Is it a lens with light reflecting off the front element? That's what I see in the design anyway.

media ­ by ­ lou
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 14, 2012 05:07 |  #7

Yeah. I wasn't sure if people could make it out. Thanks.

cpam.pix
Goldmember
1,275 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 14, 2012 06:05 |  #8

It's an abstract aperture.

1D-III with stuff to stick on it:
70-200L, 28-70L, 24-105L, 300L, 50, 10-17 fish, 2.0x TC
Image editing OK, encouraged, and expected. Thank you for helping me learn!

olafs ­ osh
I am a nice and fluffy dude
1,920 posts
Gallery: 143 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Apr 2012

May 14, 2012 06:20 |  #9

both are terrible.

lose the shadow - logo's don't need shadows - only oldest masters in highest mountains can make logos with shadow. this simple effect doesn't stop being overused everywhere you look, though.

first - concentrate on correct typography - there's plenty articles in interwebs to get you started. And no - that looong letter "T" does not make thing artsy or professional.

for starters - make a one color logo - this is important.

you just put three words together like lego bricks there.

as for aperture symbol - not the worst idea, but technical side of drawing is down. no respect to inbetween spaces, angles of inner two "thingies" size of the outer lines.

SO! Delete this file and forget it. Grab a beer and start over.

/// I am totally do not want to be harsh or something. You asked for CC :]

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

Drixar
253 posts
Joined Jul 2011

May 14, 2012 08:15 |  #10

The typography is pretty basic, if you want your logo to ''POP'' compared to others then i agree with loosing the drop shadow as grey and making it black, however due to dropshadows being overused i would loose it entirely, also is it New roman? the fonts used in word documents and various instances everywhere, get a new typeace.

I love you abstract lens, i think you should elaborate more on this, going back to typography i do agree that the long ''T'' isnt needed, this too is overused in alot of circumstances.

as for aperture symbol - not the worst idea, but technical side of drawing is down. no respect to inbetween spaces, angles of inner two "thingies" size of the outer lines.

good eye, for example the inner line could be thinner and the outer wider? also on the two inner ''reflections'' the first one looks fine but the smaller one doesnt seem to fit, i think that one needs a little tweaking to really make it pop.

SO! Delete this file and forget it. Grab a beer and start over.

Nooo! save it, folder it, print it, sketch book it. in a design process having all your ideas and itterations infront of you is important, atleast in the way we do it where i work.

for starters - make a one color logo - this is important.

I have to disagree with this some of the most famious and well known logo's are not just a single colour, the important thing is to have the logo work in both B/W and Colour, how you achieve this doesnt matter, for example'

Windows
Lego
Google
Starbucks
NBA
Burguer King
Subway
Pizza hut
Mastercard
Ebay
FedEx
BP
NBC
Mac - Two different blues (not the Apple logo, though the old multiclor one could also be counted)

all of these work in colour and black and white very easily and are all easily identifiable, the point is it doesnt matter what the logo is or what it is for if you want it in a few colours then you have to design it in a way that works in both, and Lailia's does, granted i dont think you want a blue/green photography logo for example, but then again it depends on the typography, weddings, kids, parties, scenery, personal etc :P

Canon 400D(Rebel XTi) | 15-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 MII |Raynox 250 macro conversion | Cheap Extension Tubes | 55-250 IS II.
Note; I am able to Design logo's upon request.
My Razzi (external link)

media ­ by ­ lou
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Apr 2012

May 17, 2012 02:31 |  #11

Drixar, Thanks for the specific points. I revised the signature with all your guys advices and this is what I came up with. I choose a new typeface I really like for the first two, and used the same one as before for the third. Re-designed the camera lens with the suggestions you made. For the final versions, I'll be making just black and white versions and choose between those two for each future photo I add them on.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i134.photobucke​t.com …4/ranagedsl/new​sigexp.jpg (external link)

sponsored links

1,328 views & 0 likes for this thread
Signature CC
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.