Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 06 Dec 2005 (Tuesday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What do your business cards look like?

cameronrad
486 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 03, 2011 06:32 |  #3721

Not really a business card. New resume:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

blog (external link) | website (external link) | facebook (external link)

sponsored links
Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 03, 2011 17:42 |  #3722
bannedPermanent ban

that's really cool, I wish you posted a bigger image, I've never seen one of those before.

19 year old photographer with a 5D, and some L glass.
500px - Jamesr (external link)
Graphic Design Services Offered

SethDuBois
718 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 03, 2011 20:46 as a reply to  @ Shadow on the Door's post |  #3723

^Agree, I'd like to see more detail. Great idea.

Gear & Feedback|Flickr (external link)|500px (external link)|Facebook (external link)
www.sethdubois.com (external link)

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 04, 2011 13:49 |  #3724

On a resume, you should not put things you are not good at. There's no reason to rate yourself in "print" for all to see. By rating yourself "low" in one category or software, you might be setting yourself up for being thrown in the trash on that basis alone. Show your strengths and what you know. Le a prospective employer ask the questions as to what you're capable of. Putting out too much information may make you dismissed before even an interview. You want the interview to present yourself best and why you should be hired. A resume is to get you an interview, not to be hired without further communication.

I also suggest removing your references. This would allow a prospective employer to check you out before you're allowed to give your pitch about yourself - the interview.

I think your age says 20, so you are too used to putting all information out for everyone to see, social networking e.g. facebook. You will need to learn quickly that there are times to present info and there's times to hold it back.

Lastly, remove that goofy photo of you playing a video game from the resume. That screams immaturity. You might think it's fun and playful, but are you trying to get hired by a professional company or get gigs from your friends?

CanonGrl01
Goldmember
1,369 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 05, 2011 09:12 |  #3725

^harsh but some really great points

5Dii | 35L | 85 1.8 | 135L | 430EXII
T2i | 50 1.8 | 18-55 | 55-250

Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 05, 2011 17:06 |  #3726
bannedPermanent ban

I was hoping that wasn't actually a photo of him playing video games but after viewing it on my school's big screen imacs I have to agree, being 19 myself I understand what you're going for but I can imagine it wouldn't go over well in reality.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
20,474 posts
Gallery: 407 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 06, 2011 03:34 |  #3727

AE_Photography wrote in post #13487876 (external link)
Another stab at the business cards. A more simple approach. Thoughts?

Yes, way better. Classy even. Very nice.

Wild Birds of Europe: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=19371752
My flickr (external link)

LeonaS
29 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 06, 2011 04:23 |  #3728

If you go on to Vista Print the website you can create your own for all sorts of different companies and it is really cheap too :)

Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 06, 2011 17:03 |  #3729
bannedPermanent ban

ew, don't use vistaprint..I already made that mistake, it's not a product any real professional should feel good putting their name on.

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 06, 2011 18:20 |  #3730

Shadow on the Door wrote in post #13505004 (external link)
ew, don't use vistaprint..I already made that mistake, it's not a product any real professional should feel good putting their name on.

Can't agree more. Don't cheap on business cards, it's often the first impression you give out. You don't want that first impression to be bad. You need to impress.

And you won't impress anyone with Vistaprint :p ;)

Hi, I'm David.

Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 06, 2011 18:22 |  #3731
bannedPermanent ban

not affiliated with them other than being a customer, but UV Cards did an awesome job, a bit of an investment at 150 for 500 cards, but their Spot UV coated, UV lamitated cards scream professionalism and I can't imagine I'll be using anyone else for a long time.

Brendo666
Goldmember
1,538 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 06, 2011 18:42 |  #3732

I stumbled across smartlevels.com and i am very pleased with their quality, customer service, turn around and price. Here is mine, very simple and clean.

IMAGE: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6113/6259998186_68c1a378aa_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/brendanboden/6​259998186/  (external link)
48_365 (external link) by Brendan Boden (external link), on Flickr

-Brendan B.
Graphic Designer | Photographer
5D III | 5D III | Σ 35 1.4 Art | 35 1.4L | 85 1.8 | 100 2.8L | 135 2L
Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link)

Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 06, 2011 22:24 |  #3733
bannedPermanent ban

I tried smartlevels too, wasn't happy with their matte, as in professional finishing that means an actual matte coating, whereas with them it just means cardboard texture, also my cards were cut with what appeared to be a dull blade..maybe stuff the average person won't look at but being in a printing class this bugged me a lot.

fotografiasi
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 12, 2011 04:48 |  #3734

Brendo666 wrote in post #13505417 (external link)
I stumbled across smartlevels.com and i am very pleased with their quality, customer service, turn around and price. Here is mine, very simple and clean.

that doesn't look that good. You can see white margins on the business card. That does not look good

Fotograf Nunta Iasi Botosani Suceava Vaslui Neamt Website (external link)
Canon 5D mark III, Canon EOS 50D, Canon EF-S 10-22 3.5-4.5, Canon EF-S 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon EF 70-200 2.8 IS II, Canon EF 28 1.8, Canon EF 85 1.8

Brendo666
Goldmember
1,538 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 13, 2011 01:46 |  #3735

fotografiasi wrote in post #13530928 (external link)
that doesn't look that good. You can see white margins on the business card. That does not look good

those aren't white margins, that's the paper, its not perfectly parallel so you can see the edges

-Brendan B.
Graphic Designer | Photographer
5D III | 5D III | Σ 35 1.4 Art | 35 1.4L | 85 1.8 | 100 2.8L | 135 2L
Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link)

sponsored links

1,571,065 views & 14 likes for this thread
What do your business cards look like?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.