Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 06 Dec 2005 (Tuesday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What do your business cards look like?

jmarsz
595 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 30, 2013 15:23 |  #4246

So I've redone my cards, and here's the new design (thanks to some help from a few professionals):

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

Website (external link)
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,094 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 30, 2013 15:59 as a reply to  @ jmarsz's post |  #4247

^^ Love it :)

syclarac
148 posts
Joined Jan 2012

May 01, 2013 05:05 |  #4248

Like it!

www.suechoiphotography​.com (external link)
6D, 5D2, ∑15mm fisheye, 16-35 f2.8IIL, 50L, 100L macro
T3i, 17-55 f2.8, 50 f1.8

ktan7
Goldmember
1,016 posts
Joined Mar 2013

May 04, 2013 09:27 |  #4249

I got business cards from moo.com. Get the small rectangular business cards. They are cute and awesome!

Vancouver wedding photography (external link)
Picture blog (external link)
Mexico wedding photographer (external link)

archer1960
Goldmember
4,930 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2010

May 04, 2013 13:18 |  #4250

This thread reminds of the scene in "American Psycho" where they are comparing their business cards...

Gripped 7D, gripped, full-spectrum modfied T1i (500D), SX50HS, A2E film body, Tamzooka (150-600), Tamron 90mm/2.8 VC (ver 2), Tamron 18-270 VC, Canon FD 100 f/4.0 macro, Canon 24-105 f/4L,Canon EF 200 f/2.8LII, Canon 85 f/1.8, Tamron Adaptall 2 90mmf/2.5 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Canon EX-430 flash, Vivitar DF-383 flash, Astro-Tech AT6RC and Celestron NexStar 102 GT telescopes, various other semi-crappy manual lenses and stuff.

mannetti21
Goldmember
3,108 posts
Gallery: 113 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2010

May 07, 2013 13:44 |  #4251

I've been doing some oddball shoots as of recent and have had quite a few people ask if I had a card, so I decided to play around a bit and see if I could come up with something decent. I intentionally left out information like "portraits, events, engagements" etc since I really don't have any one or few areas of expertise. Figured it would leave me open to either accept or decline any potential project based on the specific request and my comfort level. FYI, QR code would link to my Flickr. I'd obviously weed out anything that I wouldn't want presented to a potential customer and move any personal items to a different page or private set.

Any suggestions? Scrap the whole thing and start over?

IMAGE: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2FQ8lEQ-RgU/UYh47uf7NII/AAAAAAAAAkQ/0394Lk4vOa0/s640/Business-card-vertical-test.jpg

My Buyer/Seller Feedback

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 07, 2013 18:57 |  #4252

mannetti21 wrote in post #15907365 (external link)
I've been doing some oddball shoots as of recent and have had quite a few people ask if I had a card, so I decided to play around a bit and see if I could come up with something decent. I intentionally left out information like "portraits, events, engagements" etc since I really don't have any one or few areas of expertise. Figured it would leave me open to either accept or decline any potential project based on the specific request and my comfort level. FYI, QR code would link to my Flickr. I'd obviously weed out anything that I wouldn't want presented to a potential customer and move any personal items to a different page or private set.

Any suggestions? Scrap the whole thing and start over?

QUOTED IMAGE

I love your logo man, and the concept is pretty cool. I majored in Public Relations/minored in Marketing and we did several studies on QR codes and ultimately deemed them to be useless..the reason I say this is because overall, I feel like it detracts from the clean-ness of your business card.

If I had a suggestion: invest in a .99 cent (or whatever discount godaddy has going on) domain name with a free e-mail, make the e-mail mark@manetti.com (external link) (just an example) and then reroute that domain for free to your flickr. In place of the QR code, you can put the domain name on your business card and you get a more professional, polished look that goes hand-in-hand with your logo (which is mega creative).

Overall, good design though!

will (external link) | web (external link) | gear

mannetti21
Goldmember
3,108 posts
Gallery: 113 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2010

May 07, 2013 22:54 |  #4253

willspective wrote in post #15908476 (external link)
I love your logo man, and the concept is pretty cool. I majored in Public Relations/minored in Marketing and we did several studies on QR codes and ultimately deemed them to be useless..the reason I say this is because overall, I feel like it detracts from the clean-ness of your business card.

If I had a suggestion: invest in a .99 cent (or whatever discount godaddy has going on) domain name with a free e-mail, make the e-mail mark@manetti.com (external link) (just an example) and then reroute that domain for free to your flickr. In place of the QR code, you can put the domain name on your business card and you get a more professional, polished look that goes hand-in-hand with your logo (which is mega creative).

Overall, good design though!

Thanks for the advice. I'm not at all familiar with registering domain names and had no idea I could just redirect viewers to another site. I really didn't want to deal with making a website at this stage in my hobby/sidejob, so your idea might work perfectly. Definitely going to look into that. Thanks again.

My Buyer/Seller Feedback

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

May 17, 2013 20:30 |  #4254

If you don't have a website or online portfolio, how is a potential client going to find info about you and your photography?

Johnny010
520 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2012

May 18, 2013 13:36 |  #4255

My first ever card and relatively new in the business (coming up to a year):
For some reason, Flickr seems to have really saturated the colours but it is still quite vivid in real life.
Oh and this was a 3 minute in the bedroom shot with A4 white paper and 2 minutes PP ha!

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3708/8750275629_b474834568_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/80072515@N06/8​750275629/  (external link)
New Business Cards (external link) by Jonathan Covell Photography (external link), on Flickr

‪#‎jcovellphoto‬
@jcovellphoto
Instagram: http://instagram.com/j​covellphoto (external link)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jc​ovellphoto (external link)
flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/2dK​VG9 (external link)
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com​/blog/jcovellphoto (external link)

smclaren
213 posts
Joined Mar 2009

May 20, 2013 01:54 |  #4256

Have put together a QR Code back to my Business Card, would be interested in any comments?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

May 26, 2013 18:12 |  #4257

claren, I don't see anyone on here that would entice me to want to find out more about you. I don't scan those codes on my phone to find out more, so by putting that you are instantly alienating a good percentage of potential customers. So before you try to be trending, you must consider the wider audience.

archer1960
Goldmember
4,930 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2010

May 26, 2013 21:26 |  #4258

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #15969985 (external link)
claren, I don't see anyone on here that would entice me to want to find out more about you. I don't scan those codes on my phone to find out more, so by putting that you are instantly alienating a good percentage of potential customers. So before you try to be trending, you must consider the wider audience.

I think he's saying that this is the back of his card. I would assume that the front would have more of a marketing-style logo, with something to entice the customers to use the QR codes on the back.

Gripped 7D, gripped, full-spectrum modfied T1i (500D), SX50HS, A2E film body, Tamzooka (150-600), Tamron 90mm/2.8 VC (ver 2), Tamron 18-270 VC, Canon FD 100 f/4.0 macro, Canon 24-105 f/4L,Canon EF 200 f/2.8LII, Canon 85 f/1.8, Tamron Adaptall 2 90mmf/2.5 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Canon EX-430 flash, Vivitar DF-383 flash, Astro-Tech AT6RC and Celestron NexStar 102 GT telescopes, various other semi-crappy manual lenses and stuff.

Zebedee123
240 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 30, 2013 09:28 |  #4259

Please may have have your opinions - which reverse of a business card do you like best?
Thanks!
Paula

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1101.photobuck​et.com …ckmockup2_zps0b​6b5017.jpg (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1101.photobuck​et.com …ckmockup3_zps5a​5000ed.jpg (external link)

http://www.paulabeaumo​ntphotography.co.uk/ (external link)http://www.facebook.co​m/paulabeaumontphotogr​aphy (external link)
Canon 5D Mk III II Canon 5D II II Sigma macro 105mm II Tamron 24-70mm 2.8f VC II Canon 70x200mm L F2.8 Mk II II Canon 50mm F1.8 II tripods, lots of bags, flashes strobes, pocket wizards and lots of other "stuff" II

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

May 31, 2013 18:57 |  #4260

Keep in mind that a business card is small, and putting 6 photos on it will make those photos small. A lot smaller than viewing them on this web page. So you won't see fine details. Images used will have to be very simple without distractions. I am not sure why you include the photo with the umbrella as I don't think it really belongs with a photo to show prospective customers.

sponsored links

1,445,970 views & 11 likes for this thread
What do your business cards look like?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.