Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 19 May 2012 (Saturday) 03:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama Sells Used Scratched Up Camera as New_ Very Disappointed

this thread is locked
You-by-Lou
Goldmember
1,691 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 19, 2012 06:26 |  #16

CHASLX200 wrote in post #14454251 (external link)
They had a buy back program back in the 80's. I had sent them a Celestron Comet catcher and a SP- mount and they wanted to pay me $80 for the whole setup. What a rip off.

talk about holding onto a resentment............​.

You may say I'm a Zoomer, But I'm not the only one
Canon 5D mkIII
135L my new favorite

sponsored links
TijmenDal
Goldmember
1,214 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 19, 2012 06:30 |  #17

Holy ****. Talkin' about taking whining to the next level.

- The wrap of you Canon strap (which no-one uses anyway) has been opened!
- And the wrap of your battery looks old? OMG!
- The camera has been 'scratched' up? Dude, talkin' about pixel-peeping. The chance your camera will have something similar like that in two weeks (granted you use it). I couldn't even see what you meant till you showed the crop...

Just go out and use it and stop paying attention to such incredibly minor details. Call me a hater, but this is ridiculous.

//Tijmen
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/tijmendalexternal link

Gear

Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 19, 2012 06:35 |  #18

Be curious how "used" this is - not like it is going to be a few months old or anything.
Also skeptical if this is a problem with Adorama - should they open and inspect every item before shipping?

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

whiteflyer
Goldmember
1,810 posts
Gallery: 273 photos
Joined Jun 2006

May 19, 2012 06:44 |  #19

There are some dummies on here.

If you pay for a NEW product you should receive a BRAND NEW un-used product, it so simple.

If I buy a new pair of boots, I don't expect them to come all full of mud, because they be like that the first time I use them. Nor do I expect someone to have taken a bite out of a burger I buy, because I'll have done that too in a second.

Adorama have made a mistake in the packing department and sent the OP a used camera, they'll exchange it for a brand new one no problem.

Gear List

CHASLX200
138 posts
Joined May 2012

May 19, 2012 06:47 |  #20

whiteflyer wrote in post #14454299 (external link)
There are some dummies on here.

If you pay for a NEW product you should receive a BRAND NEW un-used product, it so simple.

If I buy a new pair of boots, I don't expect them to come all full of mud, because they be like that the first time I use them. Nor do I expect someone to have taken a bite out of a burger I buy, because I'll have done that too in a second.

Adorama have made a mistake in the packing department and sent the OP a used camera, they'll exchange it for a brand new one no problem.

I agree.

Thorrulz
Goldmember
3,804 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2009

May 19, 2012 06:48 |  #21

TijmenDal wrote in post #14454276 (external link)

- The camera has been 'scratched' up? Dude, talkin' about pixel-peeping. The chance your camera will have something similar like that in two weeks (granted you use it). I couldn't even see what you meant till you showed the crop...

Just go out and use it and stop paying attention to such incredibly minor details. Call me a hater, but this is ridiculous.

And what if this was a "Demo" used in store? Would you want to pay $3500 for a camera that you have no clue how many people had their hands on or how they treated it?

To the OP, just contact Helen at Adorama and let her sort it out and be sure to mention for the inconvenience you should be entitled for some type of compensation.

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G I Pentax 645D I SMC FA 645 75 F2.8 I SMC FA 645 45-85 F4.5 I SMC FA 645 200 F4
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

Higgs ­ Boson
Goldmember
1,958 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 19, 2012 06:49 |  #22

check eoscount.com with your 5diii and post results.

A9 | 25 | 55 | 85 | 90 | 135

Neal1029
101 posts
Joined Jun 2011

May 19, 2012 06:50 |  #23

Would you buy a new car with x amount of miles on it, but sold as new....no I really don't think so. So why should you buy someone elses returned item or store demo at new prices. Call them, sort it out and get your exchange for a new un-used one. Problem solved.
By the way I would be equally as disappointed.

5DMK III,16-35L 2.8, 24-70L 2.8, 70-200L 2.8 IS II, 580 EX II x 2

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,491 posts
Joined Apr 2005

May 19, 2012 07:00 |  #24

John_T wrote in post #14454183 (external link)
Calling Helen!

Helen, report in!

Today is Saturday. Her computer is turned off. She will be here tomorrow and fix everything.

Elie / אלי

General_T
252 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 19, 2012 07:01 |  #25

You can't possibly be serious? Something tells me your moral character is lacking.

Canon 5D Mk III | 24-105 F4 L IS USM | 100 F2.8 L Macro IS USM | 70-200 MK II F2.8 L IS USM|580 EX II

th0rr
199 posts
Joined Jul 2008

May 19, 2012 07:01 |  #26

Sweet. So I got some used cameras I'd like to sell you. I assume from your post you will give me full price for them as if they were new and not "whine" about it? I lost the strap to one of them but hey no big deal right because "no-one uses" em anyways, am I right? I use my cameras a lot but none show any scratches that you deem inevitable after a couple of weeks of use, that is another plus. So we got a deal?

Trique ­ Daddi
Goldmember
1,091 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2007

May 19, 2012 07:07 |  #27

Adorama is a very reputable dealer. I have purchased a lot of merchandise from the over the past few years. Unfortunatley things happen and you were at the frustrating end of it. They will make it right. Hope you can get to enjoying your new camera soon. I know how long it takes me to save enough money for new equipment and to be let down like this is tough.

Best of luck!

Canon 7DMKII,7D 40D, 20D, CANON 100-400mm IS 4.5/5.6L, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 macro, Kenko Extension Tubes, Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS, 580EX II Flash,Gittos MH 5580 monopod, Thinktank Airport Takeoff.

John_T
Goldmember
3,098 posts
Gallery: 127 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2003

May 19, 2012 07:12 |  #28

Everybody ought to cool it. I doubt there are that many 5D3s on the shelf and there are plenty of folks around who would gladly shoot their grandma if it would help them get their hands on one, so a slip up like this could happen.

Don't worry, Helen will sort it out, just hope she has another one to send. :D

Canon : EOS R : 5DIV : 5DS R : 5DIII : 7DII : 40 2.8 : 50 1.4 : 35L : 85L : 100L IS Macro : 135L : 16-35L II : RF-24-105L IS : 70-200L II : 100-400L IS II : 1.4x & 2x TC III : 600EX-RT : 580EX : 430EX : G1XII : Markins Q10 & Q3T : Jobu Gimbal : Manfrotto Underware : etc...

jrbdmb
Goldmember
1,291 posts
Joined May 2011

May 19, 2012 07:23 |  #29

PaulB wrote in post #14454077 (external link)
Is this post just to vent, or to shame the retailer?

If the former you should have thought longer before you clicked post.
If the latter, what are you hoping to gain?

Just my thoughts.

+1.

I'm fine with returning this to Adorama for a "pristine" copy. Not fine with blasting them here before you've even made any attempt to contact Customer Service and set things right.

Tools: 70D, 10-22, Tamron 24-70 VC, 70-300L, 135 f2L

mjmackinnon
808 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 19, 2012 07:36 |  #30

To the OP. Have you ever heard of lights? I figure that you are using f/1.6 for light reasons, but shallow DOF makes it harder to see what you are trying to show. The point someone made about not being a photographer.. I think it was about the photo's you gave.

h14nha wrote in post #14454212 (external link)
I participated in a post like this the other day. A poster taking a lens with a 30 day refund policy, took a lens back to take another out and got caught out returning a marked lens.
This is the result of fickle people trying out equipment then returning it. As I stated at the time I didn't agree with this policy. Refunds should be for damaged/faulty goods only. This post is a clear example of what happens to those 'returned as new' products.

Lyttleviet is right, they will sort it out for you but, I suspect this is more 'policy' than error.

There are many companies that give a 30day return policy. The problem is not the policy but the way that the store is handling it. They should return the open product back to the OEM and they resell is as refurb. Or other stores give a discount as an open package. But is should never get sent back out as new. Shame goes to the store.

My Flickr (external link) - Canon EOS 5Diii | EF 50f/1.4 | EF 24-105 f/4L IS| EF 100-400L IS | EF 70-200f/4L |430 EX II | Elinchrom BX500Ri
Post Production: i7-2600k, Win7, iMac 27 i7 | Adobe Photoshop CS6

sponsored links

19,268 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama Sells Used Scratched Up Camera as New_ Very Disappointed
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.