Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 31 May 2012 (Thursday) 09:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Picture Package feature in CS6

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 31, 2012 09:45 |  #1

Has been removed and the layouts and plugin for it you can get for CS5 does not work.

Anyone know how to make picture packages in CS6?

Thank you.

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 31, 2012 15:11 |  #2

I don't have CS6, so I Googled "photoshop cs6 picture package" and there seems to be good info out there:

http://search.comcast.​net …package&top_Sea​rchSubmit= (external link)

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 01, 2012 16:07 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #3

Yeah, from what I read, Adobe abandoned the picture package layout in CS6 but made the contact sheet be included in the default instal. I tried copying over picture package layout from CS5 optional plugins but that doesn't work, CS6 will not even recognize it. The only thing I can find is to create a picture package as a smart object and my goodness that only works as it said if you shoot the right ratio. Maybe if enough photographers protest as they did when Cs5 came out without it then Adobe may offer it as an optional plugin again.

Rayk
Goldmember
1,847 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 03, 2012 06:32 as a reply to  @ Shooting's post |  #4

Try here http://download.adobe.​com …Win_Optional_Pl​ug-Ins.zip (external link)

Regards Ray
LRPS - Licentiateship of The Royal Photographic Society- CPAGB - ACA - Adobe Certified Associate -
www.rakphotographic.co​m (external link)
Follow me on Facebook (external link)
Follow me on Twitter (external link)

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 03, 2012 16:50 |  #5

Thanks..but those are the optional plugins for CS5. CS6 is not backwards compatible to those optional plugins so they will not work, already tried.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 03, 2012 18:26 |  #6

i guess I could reinstall CS5 just for the picture package.

ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
10,884 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jun 04, 2012 01:33 as a reply to  @ Shooting's post |  #7

Have you considered making your own template and if you use smart objects it makes the process very simple once you have done it once. There are plenty of tutorials online if you need help doing it.

This has to be the first release that I can recall where the filters, plugins, etc. are not backward compatible with the previous version. If enough people ask Adobe for it, I am sure that they will provide it as an optional download.

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Gallery (external link) | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 04, 2012 20:31 |  #8

Well, I don't know how to make my own templates. Trouble is, even on a home made template, if I want 16 wallets and have a template for it I need to have 16 copies of the image cause I can only copy a file over once. I have lumapix fotofusion for my collages and their support was very helpful telling me how to make templates and to populate an image in dragging over into as many as I need in one click.

I also have CS3 running just in case so I can use the picture package feature in that.

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,932 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 04, 2012 20:42 as a reply to  @ Shooting's post |  #9

You can do it with a Smart Object and Duplicate. Use Replace Contents on one and it will update the others.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 05, 2012 09:09 |  #10

D Thompson wrote in post #14531897 (external link)
You can do it with a Smart Object and Duplicate. Use Replace Contents on one and it will update the others.

Ok great..thank you. Now I just need to get down and dirty and learn how to replicate and work with smart objects and making templates, etc. I have no earthly idea.

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,932 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 05, 2012 09:35 |  #11

Shooting wrote in post #14533870 (external link)
Ok great..thank you. Now I just need to get down and dirty and learn how to replicate and work with smart objects and making templates, etc. I have no earthly idea.

You've got a pm.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,932 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 05, 2012 15:03 as a reply to  @ D Thompson's post |  #12

I think I've figured out a way to do it, but need to test it out a little more and will have to rewrite it. It's a little more of a pita to set up, but once the template is created seems to work.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,932 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 05, 2012 16:55 as a reply to  @ D Thompson's post |  #13

This should work. It creates 2-5x7's on an 10x8" sheet. Once the initial template is made, it is fairly easy to create the package with other images. It can be adapted to set up other packages as you see fit. You can download at https://docs.google.co​m …4ijTT0KJuaXUBBQ​AHyCo/edit (external link)

Let me know what you think about it.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 06, 2012 13:26 |  #14

Looks really nice if you want to resize your images to fit the template. I'd prefer a template where I can use the magic want and "paste into" the empty square and then size as needed, not necessary to fit the template. I managed to create such a template in Lumapix's Fotofusion, just drag and drop, no resizing needed.

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,932 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 06, 2012 14:22 |  #15

Shooting wrote in post #14540500 (external link)
I'd prefer a template where I can use the magic want and "paste into" the empty square and then size as needed, not necessary to fit the template. I managed to create such a template in Lumapix's Fotofusion, just drag and drop, no resizing needed.

It pretty much works that way. When you go to Edit Contents, then Place, you resize to 5x7, flatten, and save then it updates in the template. If you want wallet sized or whatever, just create another template to drop into. I guess I'm misunderstanding what you wanted, but as long as you've got a method that works then all's good.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D

sponsored links

13,276 views & 0 likes for this thread
Picture Package feature in CS6
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.