Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 02 Jun 2012 (Saturday) 17:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sad Testament...

pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 07, 2012 01:31 |  #46

elrey2375 wrote in post #14542728 (external link)
Yes, english is my first language. You still haven't explained how this was a sad commentary, which was my point way back when. Just because YOU know you weren't doing anything untoward up there doesn't mean that everyone else does. Next time you get on a plane, how bout they just let everyone board without going through security if they promise they aren't going to do anything bad. It seems that it all boils down to the signage, because you've mentioned it repeatedly. Since they stopped you after you had already left, you got to do whatever it is you wanted to do up there, so I'm not sure what the problem is. If it has perturbed you so, write a letter and let the city know there are no signs or this will happen to the next person and your whole experience has been in vain.

Well - if the airport do not have any signs "security" et cetera, and there wasn't a need for tickets because the airplane ride was free (and was domestic so it didn't involve any customs), then it would be more likely to assume such a comparison as relevant.

Next thing - have you even wondered about the reason for calling the police? What part of that place did require a police to check up on him? If it was an area just similar to the other part - that was a museum - then there shouldn't have been a difference. And if it was an area that had a significantly different security need - how come the area then did not have a significantly different protection? Closed gate? Specific signs? If the only thing they worried about was destruction of property, then that destruction of property must be similarly likely to the part that is a museum with public access...

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

elrey2375
Thinks it's irresponsible
4,992 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 07, 2012 10:38 |  #47

I'm done with this. He got stopped AFTER he had already done whatever it is he wanted to do and there were no signs that indicated he shouldn't be there. Nothing happened, his card and camera weren't taken, so that's the end of it. I have no problem understanding how a guy with a camera traipsing around what was once a military installation, could appear suspicious to someone. Especially when the area is off-limits, even though signage didn't indicate this.

http://emjfotografi.co​m/ (external link)
http://500px.com/EMJFo​tografi (external link)

pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 07, 2012 10:53 |  #48

Thank you for informing the world that your investigation into this matter is now ended.

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

wookiee2cu
614 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 07, 2012 14:48 |  #49

I've never been stopped but if I were I would just point out that if I had bad intentions I wouldn't be walking around with a slr and tripod as you stand out... kind of the opposite of what someone wants if their up to no good.

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Jun 07, 2012 15:00 |  #50

Just don't get caught. That's really what it comes down to. I think you need to work on your ninja skills.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,698 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sad Testament...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.