Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 03 Jun 2012 (Sunday) 20:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

NASL Soccer - Atlanta @ Edmonton - June 3, 2012

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 03, 2012 20:00 |  #1

Some pics from today's game, got to play with an old 300mm f/4 non-IS courtesy of the second shooter for the team. CC always welcome!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Joel

sponsored links
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 03, 2012 20:38 |  #2

great series of shots, you really caught the action and intensity of the game

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 04, 2012 09:29 |  #3

Thanks Rick, for this game I only stayed behind the goal line for about 20 minutes and spent the rest of it parked on the sidelines.

That and the extra 100mm sure got me closer to the action. :)

Joel

DanLewis
41 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 04, 2012 10:44 |  #4

Wow, I didn't realize the NASL was still around. Those are some nice shots using that lense and camera. I have the same lens for a T2i and don't often get that good. What settings were used?

I remember in the 79's attending the last game Pele played in Tampa with the NASL. In that game was Beckenbauers debut from Germany. Great crowd of 46,000 which was impressive in those days.

Canon T2i, kit lens, 75-300mm f4 III

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 04, 2012 10:54 |  #5

No this was the lens I was referring to:
http://www.canon.com …ephoto/ef_300_4​l_usm.html (external link)

The NASL was reborn last year, it will be interesting to see how it develops alongside the MLS. And on that note, curious how a majority of MLS teams bowed out in the early rounds of the US Open Cup!

Joel

waterrockets
Goldmember
3,930 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 06, 2012 12:28 |  #6

Nice shots!

No shin guards in #8???

1D MkIV | 1D MkIII | 550D w/grip & ML| EF 70-200mm f2.8L| EF 24-105mm f4L IS | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC | 430EXii | EF 50mm f1.8

joeblack2022
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 06, 2012 13:00 |  #7

waterrockets wrote in post #14540165 (external link)
No shin guards in #8???

I guess not, never noticed until you mentioned! :shock:

Joel

sponsored links

1,247 views & 0 likes for this thread
NASL Soccer - Atlanta @ Edmonton - June 3, 2012
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.