Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
Thread started 10 Jun 2012 (Sunday) 23:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

BEFORE AND AFTER #427

Dawicka2
398 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 10, 2012 23:04 |  #1

The game will last 4 Days and whoever can produce the best edited image (as judged by me) will be picked and it'll be their turn to post their unedited picture for all of us to take a crack at.

The participants must have their "Image Editing OK" turned on and they must provide at least a simple breakdown of how they edited the image, some entrants are a little vague on this point, please give us all details so we can learn and share tips. For instance if you use the unsharp mask tool or Smart Sharpen, provide us with the adjustments you used so others can try them out.

You can post multiple images, but the first image you post will be the one that is judged - all other images will be considered for knowledge and tip use only.

--Rule change (continuing from last week)-- Feel free to comment and/or ask questions at any time. This is a good competition for learning new methods, so let's make it a bit more dynamic. I will be judging edits, not comments. Feel free to comment on the original image as well.

If you happen to be the winner of the game please start the next one with the title of the game and the following number. For example…the next game should read "Before & After #427."
Image should appear 1024 pixels on the long side

Game ends Wednesday at 11:55PM

Adding the raw file is not a requirement. If you win a comp. and would like to post just the jpg that is fine.
Not everyone shoots Raw or uses more complex raw editing software.

click on the link below the pic, it will take you to mediafire, where you can download full size jpg.

Anything goes, just have fun with it. Lets keep this game alive (hopefully this boring ass pic doesnt kill it :) )

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1157.photobuck​et.com …90/dawickatwo/c​omp427.jpg (external link)

http://www.mediafire.c​om/?tu0ib2vj0xadiwk (external link)

Magic lantern'd T2i, a 1d2n, 15-85, rokinon 8 and 85mm, nikon 55 f1.2, sigma 24mm f1.8 and Tokina 400mm creeperPrime.

sponsored links
cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 11, 2012 01:08 |  #2

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

Iancentric
714 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2011

Jun 11, 2012 09:16 as a reply to  @ cacawcacaw's post |  #3

cawcawcaw, thanks, that made me laugh, it takes a lot to do that on a monday morning

Ian
Flickr (external link)
Tumblr (external link)
instagram (external link)

Dawicka2
THREAD ­ STARTER
398 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 11, 2012 09:29 |  #4

Hahahaha

Magic lantern'd T2i, a 1d2n, 15-85, rokinon 8 and 85mm, nikon 55 f1.2, sigma 24mm f1.8 and Tokina 400mm creeperPrime.

Iancentric
714 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2011

Jun 12, 2012 09:25 as a reply to  @ Dawicka2's post |  #5

i didn't know where to go with this one,
pse9,correct camera distortion, (couldn't correct so i distorted more, for the fisheyelook) auto smart fix, adjust hue/sat to get the orange leaves,adjust levels, adjusted brightness and contrast, sharpened a little, and re-sized

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Ian
Flickr (external link)
Tumblr (external link)
instagram (external link)

Blkjpg
60 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 13, 2012 08:33 as a reply to  @ Iancentric's post |  #6

IMAGE: http://www.folmarphotography.com/photos/i-xWDD5zM/0/O/i-xWDD5zM.jpg

Opened jpg, adjusted tones (highlights, midtones, and shadows) to -15%, saved file. Opened original file, adjusted tones (highlights, midtones, and shadows) to +15%, saved file. Opened all three files with Photomatix, created a faux HDR image. Used PS to sharpen slightly.

Dawicka2
THREAD ­ STARTER
398 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 15, 2012 15:55 |  #7

Great job, everyone! Sorry for the delay.

For making me laugh..... Take it away cacawcacaw!

Blkjpg
60 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 15, 2012 16:06 as a reply to  @ Dawicka2's post |  #8

Yeah, I literally laughed out loud when I saw that one--people in my office looked at me like I had lost my mind. Well played cacawcacaw!

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 17, 2012 21:23 as a reply to  @ Blkjpg's post |  #9

Thanks - and sorry not to get a new photo up right away. I've been away from my main computer (in the sense that it now consists of a bunch of loose hard disks and untested parts) so I'm having some trouble getting a photo up.

I'll try to get something together tomorrow or Tuesday but would appreciate it if anyone else wants to take the bull by the horns and post a new image for #427.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

sponsored links

1,573 views & 0 likes for this thread
BEFORE AND AFTER #427
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.