Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 21 Jun 2012 (Thursday) 15:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How often do you have your camera with you?

Moose408
884 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 11, 2012 12:50 |  #46

randy98mtu wrote in post #14700874 (external link)
Nice post. I like the shot featured and the close up of the broken keys. Also some of the bridge pictures, which I presume were also taken while out and about. I have often seen things that I thought about stopping to shoot also. There is 1 particular barn I pass every day. I keep thinking, one day they are going to knock it down and I hope I have stopped to shoot it before they do! I may have to start taking mine to work, though I'll feel a bit goofy carrying it to my desk every day because I won't leave it in the hot car.

Thanks. Yeah, the bridge shots are all from just being out and about and stopping every time I cross the bridge.

The heat doesn't seem to affect the camera. As I said mine lives in my trunk. I have it in a Pelican case which keeps it a little cooler, but it is often 100+ inside the case. The camera has been there for coming up on 3 years and no ill effects. It was 100* here yesterday and when I went to take the camera out the metal on the hot shoe burned me it was so hot, but again, no apparent harm has come to the camera.

Canon 5DmkII | 24-105mm f/4.0L IS | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 17-40mm f/4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS | 50mm f/1.8
Photography Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Model Mayhem (external link)

sponsored links
Apricane
Shooting the breeze
1,729 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Jul 11, 2012 13:23 |  #47

I don't carry my DSLR to most places; I only take it with me when I'm going to some place I want to shoot and know I'll be willing to be watching after my equipment (e.g. I don't carry it to school on a 'normal' day). I might just carry a P&S just in case something comes up.

Apricane IG Portraits (external link) IG Travel/Street (external link)
Capture One 21 Pro | Affinity Photo | ACDSee | Bridge | Photoshop
a7 III | Sony 35+55ZA+85/1.8 | Tmr 28-75+70-180/2.8 | Tmr 28-200
a6600 | Sony 70-350G

jonneymendoza
Goldmember
3,789 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 12, 2012 10:24 |  #48

benji25 wrote in post #14612720 (external link)
I am wondering how often you guys have your camera with you? For example, I coach youth lacrosse. I am coaching tonight a place that is a half hour away and in between a bunch of lakes (a few of the 10,000 here). I am thinking about taking by camera with me in case I see some cool things to shoot. As mentioned, there are lots of lakes with foliage in the area (based off google maps) which I like to shoot.

Do you take your camera with you even though you aren't sure if you will shoot anything just in case? Or do you just remember the spot and go back for a more formal outing later?

i take mine every day to work and with all the gear minus the flash in my sig

Canon 5dmkIII | Canon 85L 1.2 | Sigma 35mm ART 1.4|Canon 16-35mm L 2.8 |Canon 24-70mm L f2.8 | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L MK2 | Canon 430EX MK2 Flickr (external link)

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jul 14, 2012 16:23 |  #49

Having 3 cameras, I was thinking when I get back I'll always have one with me at work since I'm the ship's photographer but it'll probably be my 20D or 40D. Probably 20D although my 7D will look as bad after another 4 more months out here. That'll also be my car rider with my set of kit lenses and then I'm sure I'll have the 7D ready in the F802 or Versa for other outings.

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

Ltdave
it looks like im post #19,016
3,975 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 18, 2012 10:05 |  #50

I chimed in early on to say I have my camera almost all the time but just reiterate, now that im shooting the "30 days of..." or the "31 days of..." as the case my be, I've nit let my camera out of my hands except to shower, do my day job (although its right next to me as I type) and to sleep...

-im just trying. sometimes i succeed

meltoncub
182 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 18, 2012 10:09 |  #51

I usually have mine with me - though not so much in the middle of the day. But if we're "going somewhere" I've always got it.

---------
This Was Your Life (external link)
Flickr Photostream (external link)

takai
166 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 19, 2012 08:51 |  #52

I always have a p&s with me. But not always the SLR. I commonly carry my old Canonet GIII though for some old film fun

sponsored links

6,089 views & 0 likes for this thread
How often do you have your camera with you?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.