Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Jun 2012 (Thursday) 21:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Reliable canon xti battery replacement

firme
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 21, 2012 21:41 |  #1

I have searched on google for either a canon xti replacement battery and for a xti battery grip. I found a few but to be honest do not know which aftermarket batteries are reliable. I have seen a replacement battery on radioshack which is the only site I was able to recognize. I saw a actual canon battery grip but don't think that the $220 price tag is worth for the camera I have. If there is a reliable after market battery grip, it will do.

Any suggestions appreciated.

sponsored links
elogical
Goldmember
1,217 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 21, 2012 22:59 |  #2

Pretty much any of the aftermarket grips will be acceptable, just understand that they aren't quite as good as the canon. I've had a zeikos grip before for a rebel body and wouldn't hesitate to do it again in that situation. You save a lot and it really works the same.

For batteries, however, I recommend either getting canon or reliable 3rd party such as sterlingtek

Gear

firme
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 21, 2012 23:17 |  #3

I have seen used canon battery grips for less than $70 on ebay, tempting. Just hesitant whether to jump at it or not.

I have seen this one: http://www.adorama.com​/PQACD239.html (external link)
But I guess I rather stick to canon batteries.

kMatt
113 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 22, 2012 20:16 |  #4

Sterlingtek are the go to third party batteries. There are many members on this forum that are willing to stand by Sterlingtek batteries, including me.

duane0524
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 22, 2012 20:30 |  #5

kMatt wrote in post #14618508 (external link)
Sterlingtek are the go to third party batteries. There are many members on this forum that are willing to stand by Sterlingtek batteries, including me.

Seciond this, I used a few of their batteries when I had an xt and got some from them for my 50d when I got that

Canon 50D | Canon 17-55 | Sigma 30 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II| Canon 85 1.8 | 430EXII| 580EX ll | ST-E2 | Canon TC 1.4x II | Benro Travel Angel C1682TB0

firme
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 23, 2012 13:01 |  #6

thanks guys. much appreciated.

Tim ­ S
Goldmember
1,484 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 23, 2012 19:40 |  #7

kMatt wrote in post #14618508 (external link)

I have 7 year old Sterlingtek batteries. I've been very happy with the product and their customer service.

Tim
Equipment

sponsored links

1,532 views & 0 likes for this thread
Reliable canon xti battery replacement
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.