Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Jun 2012 (Saturday) 10:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1DX owners unite! Discuss and post photos!

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 13, 2012 22:09 |  #526

Mark II wrote in post #14713891 (external link)
STOP THE REDUNDANT 1D/MK3/MK4 RHETORIC AND START POSTING PICS PEOPLE!!!!!

I'd love to hear about the shot posted, and what the photographer could have done better, instead of hearing, over & over again, why they think 1 stop is a 1/2 or 2, blah blah blah.

I like to motion this thread be deleted and start over. GAWD!

Be patient. ;) The 1D X is slowly trickling out to new owners. Give them a chance to go out and shoot something. :)

sponsored links
butterfly2937
Cream of the Crop
6,993 posts
Gallery: 230 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 13, 2012 22:27 |  #527

butterfly2937 wrote in post #14713841 (external link)
For those that are lucky enough to have a 1DX is it true you can no longer set the active AF point to show red in the view finder during AF? I love this feature on the 1D4 for low light shooting.

Oh never mind I guess I found the answer here: LOL

http://www.canonrumors​.com …mark-iii-1d-x-update-cr2/ (external link)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 13, 2012 22:33 |  #528

I'd love to hear about the shot posted, and what the photographer could have done better, instead of hearing, over & over again, why they think 1 stop is a 1/2 or 2, blah blah blah.

Dude, settle down...

What, three, four people here actually have one?

(And you're not one of them...)

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Viffer
171 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 14, 2012 02:54 |  #529

Well, I posted Images Here and Here But they seem to have gone largely un-noticed. People rather seems to be concentrating on bickering instead of commenting and posting images. So, I gave up posting in the thread and went out to enjoy my new camera instead. In fact, I think I'll go do that very thing right now :)

butterfly2937 wrote in post #14713841 (external link)
For those that are lucky enough to have a 1DX is it true you can no longer set the active AF point to show red in the view finder during AF? I love this feature on the 1D4 for low light shooting.

Not in Ai servo and in One shot it can be configured to light up constantly, when in focus or not at all. I have mine set not to light up at all. The last thing I want is a bright red dot to close my fully dilated light gathering pupil ;)

woos
Goldmember
2,224 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 14, 2012 03:08 |  #530

People who actually have them are probably busy out working. =p Ther will be more pics when more enthusiasts/advanced hobbyists/etc get them in their hands.

amanathia.zenfolio.com

LordBrian
Goldmember
1,128 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 14, 2012 05:37 |  #531

Viffer wrote in post #14714578 (external link)
Well, I posted Images Here and Here

Wowza, missed that moon shot first time round. Great shot.

Canon 7D | EF 100-400mm L my favourite bits of kit
http://blog.depicus.co​m (external link) - Flickr (external link) - Vimeo (external link) - 500px (external link)

DarthSparky
510 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 14, 2012 07:23 |  #532

Viffer wrote in post #14714578 (external link)
Well, I posted Images Here and Here

Love the shots of the MIG. Fantastic.

Rich | 1DX | Gripped 5D2 | 17-40 4L | 24-105 4L IS | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 85 1.2L II | 100 2.8L Macro IS | 600EX-RT | Gear List | www.richbaileyphotogra​phy.com (external link)

Zivnuska
Goldmember
3,661 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jul 14, 2012 10:33 |  #533

flipa77 wrote in post #14711822 (external link)
hopefully we can see more pics now

+1.

www.zivnuska.zenfolio.​com/blog (external link) = My Blog
Gear List
www.zivnuska.zenfolio.​com (external link)

"It's not tight until you see the color of the irides."

Viffer
171 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 14, 2012 10:47 |  #534

Thank you guys for the kind comments.

Mark ­ II
Goldmember
2,153 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 14, 2012 10:55 |  #535

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #14713970 (external link)
Dude, settle down...

What, three, four people here actually have one?

(And you're not one of them...)

My anxiety is directed more towards the ones who keep saying the same thing over & over which contribute little to nothing, and instead, relate more to bodies besides the 1DX.

The monotony of it all has turned this thread into a crap hole.

Yea, this thread says "Discuss", but that means "Discuss" the 1DX! .... Not why somebody bought a different body because of whatever reason. We dont give a crap if you think the 1DX costs too much!

If not much can be said because of the 1DX's delay, then this topic should only be a couple of pages long.

How would the moderators react to somebody posting tons of comments & pictures as to why they bought a 1DX, on the 5DMK3 or 1Dmk4 threads, claiming the 1DX is a better decision financially?

Lets just have a free for all based on everyones insecurity about their pocket books. :rolleyes:

1DX7D - 40D IR converted Sony RX100,
Canon 85 L II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, EF 24-105L, 16-35mm f/2.8 II L, 100L & 60mm Macro , Fisheye EF 15mm f2.8, Tokina 10-17

butterfly2937
Cream of the Crop
6,993 posts
Gallery: 230 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 14, 2012 11:13 as a reply to  @ jdizzle's post |  #536

Nobody replied in a separate thread when I asked this question so I am going to ask here:

This thread seems to indicate that if f/8 is reached by adding a 1.4x to a f/5.6 lens AF will still work:
http://www.fredmiranda​.com/forum/topic/11301​18 (external link)
Can anyone here confirm this?

narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,662 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jul 14, 2012 12:07 |  #537

Mark, don't be so anxious. it's only the internet.

www.tinnitus-photography.com (external link)
Facebook link (external link)

gear list

Viffer
171 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 14, 2012 12:16 |  #538

butterfly2937 wrote in post #14715629 (external link)
Nobody replied in a separate thread when I asked this question so I am going to ask here:

This thread seems to indicate that if f/8 is reached by adding a 1.4x to a f/5.6 lens AF will still work:
http://www.fredmiranda​.com/forum/topic/11301​18 (external link)
Can anyone here confirm this?

I have not tried a 1.4 on an f/5.6 lens but, I have tried a 2x on my 600mm f/4 and AF does not work!
Hope that helps.

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 14, 2012 12:31 |  #539

Mark II wrote in post #14715568 (external link)
My anxiety is directed more towards the ones who keep saying the same thing over & over which contribute little to nothing, and instead, relate more to bodies besides the 1DX.

The monotony of it all has turned this thread into a crap hole.

Yea, this thread says "Discuss", but that means "Discuss" the 1DX! .... Not why somebody bought a different body because of whatever reason. We dont give a crap if you think the 1DX costs too much!

If not much can be said because of the 1DX's delay, then this topic should only be a couple of pages long.

How would the moderators react to somebody posting tons of comments & pictures as to why they bought a 1DX, on the 5DMK3 or 1Dmk4 threads, claiming the 1DX is a better decision financially?

Lets just have a free for all based on everyones insecurity about their pocket books. :rolleyes:

Dude, you need some anxiety meds. ;)

skater911
Goldmember
1,279 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 14, 2012 14:47 as a reply to  @ jdizzle's post |  #540

i think that the 1dx is too much money and it is a horrible camera. i laugh at anyone who bought one. :lol:

p.s.

will you buy me one.

Nikon D850 l Nikon 28 1.4E l Nikon 50 1.8 g l Nikon 24-120 F4 l Tamron 100-400 l

sponsored links

3,186,545 views & 4,798 likes for this thread
1DX owners unite! Discuss and post photos!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.