Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 24 Jul 2012 (Tuesday) 00:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My first wedding

emperorevo86
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 24, 2012 00:41 |  #1

So excited to show you guys, but due to the limit of number allow for the post. It's so hard to choose which one to show. Check out more at my site. CC is appreciated.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

~ Burin Photography ~ (external link)Amazon feedback, (external link) Buyer feedback 1, Feedback 2,Feedback 3,Feedback 4, Feedback 5

sponsored links
LONDON808
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 24, 2012 00:53 |  #2

somewhere behind that huge watermark is some photos

View My Flickr (external link)

stanclark
Goldmember
1,143 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jul 24, 2012 00:56 |  #3

photos nice the water mark that big is so Unnecessary

So if God made Man & Woman....whats his excuse for Nikon...

winam
Goldmember
1,942 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jul 24, 2012 04:36 |  #4

Nice pictures. Great work

Canon EOS 650D, Canon EOS 1000d, SIGMA DG 18-250m, Canon 18-55mm
http://www.rene-photography.de/ (external link)
Please take a look at my Review for the awesome Daminion Server DAM-System (external link)

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 24, 2012 04:49 |  #5

They're not that really big guys, hehe. Didn't think the watermark would turn out that big.

~ Burin Photography ~ (external link)Amazon feedback, (external link) Buyer feedback 1, Feedback 2,Feedback 3,Feedback 4, Feedback 5

RAW ­ RAW ­ RAW
461 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 24, 2012 04:54 |  #6

I am a long way from being able to attempt a wedding but the framing/cropping looks really crap to me. The dress shot could be tighter and straighter and could be just about fixed. There are 1.5 grooms men and the top of the rotunda is neither in nor out There is a bridesmaid with no arse and a groomsman with half a foot. The shot of the groom's head in front of the bride with half a hand and an OOF bg (not bokeh, just OOF) I would probably, no, I would bin.

Apart from those few nits they are good, and better than I would do under the same pressure.

Edit, I just looked back through them again, I love the rings, and the last one, the otherss that I mentioned could probably be cropped and be OK.

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 24, 2012 06:20 |  #7

You are right, what was I thinking? The only one that really disturb me is shot number 6. The posing on there could use a little work. I wanted the groom arms to wrap around the bride and have the bride hands place on top of the grooms hands. But when timing is so short, like this wedding was. It's hard to see all the flaws that one might already know about, but just couldn't see it at the time that it happens. Yes, I need to work on my cropping. Good thing I have multiple shots with different focal length done. Sorry no half a guy sticking out and no bridesmaid arsh will be cut out next time.

One thing I've learn is, sometime you don't always get that perfect tack sharp photo or perfect cropping done. But as long as the expression is great then you won't have to worried. Sometime a photo is better than no photo at all.

I'll definitely take my time to see it clearly next event.
Thank guys for the

RAW RAW RAW wrote in post #14761091 (external link)
I am a long way from being able to attempt a wedding but the framing/cropping looks really crap to me. The dress shot could be tighter and straighter and could be just about fixed. There are 1.5 grooms men and the top of the rotunda is neither in nor out There is a bridesmaid with no arse and a groomsman with half a foot. The shot of the groom's head in front of the bride with half a hand and an OOF bg (not bokeh, just OOF) I would probably, no, I would bin.

Apart from those few nits they are good, and better than I would do under the same pressure.

Edit, I just looked back through them again, I love the rings, and the last one, the otherss that I mentioned could probably be cropped and be OK.

Harpo63
265 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 24, 2012 06:57 as a reply to  @ emperorevo86's post |  #8

Watermark comments, really? Where are the watermark comments on other threads here where some REALLY GOOD wedding photogs post their pics that everyone goes ga ga over? They have the exact same size if not bigger, watermark in the same place that is more prominent than this one.

Is it because those photogs have such amazing skill in photography that nobody dares to comment on their watermark because they seem to know what they are doing?

Its just that many people here with different skill levels attempt to improve their images by learning here and part of that learning is imitating in certain ways, styles that the clearly talented photogs have (those that seem to have a fan club on POTN with all the praises whenever they post a picture)… including size, placement and opacity of watermarks. Case in point- when Mondayshift started getting alot of attention for his amazing photos, it was interesting to see over time how many new watermarks started showing up on other photogs images that closely resembled his watermark style. Imitation is flattery.

I think the OP was simply doing the same and in my opinion, has a nice watermark that looks better than others I've seen. Maybe reduce the opacity a little? Otherwise its tasteful compared to others.

Sorry, I just found the criticism hypocritical in light of how other talented photogs do their watermark the same way.

5D3 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-70 f2.8 II L : 70-200 f2.8 II L : 50mm f1.4 : 600EX-RT

Talley
Talley Whacker
10,637 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Jul 24, 2012 07:40 |  #9

I think a wider shot in front of the gazebo would of been nicer to capture all the groomsman/bridesmaids. Or crop it tighter for just the two of them.

My entire hobby of gear lust has temporarily been shifted into overload. Please be patient while my mind tries to get back onto the road to recovery. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause....
My Gear Archive

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 24, 2012 13:11 |  #10

^
I do have a wider shot of the gazebo and all the bridesmaid and groomsmen are in it. I just like thistle tighter shot on this one. It shows now detail with the tighter shot.

As for the watermark thing, originally I wanted to be like the current watermark style. To me it's not about water marking, but more for showing off my ridiculously good looking logo :)

I never thought to impress every photogs here. You just simply can't. Sometime criticism is good, and sometime it can be bad for you. Everyone have a uniqueness in them, that makes us different. Hmmm, I've heard that somewhere before. Hint, initial JG.

I have so much more to learn, happy shooting mates.

aaron_400d
429 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 25, 2012 01:22 |  #11

Nice Set

l Website (external link) l Instagram (external link) l Flickr (external link) l Facebook (external link) l Twitter (external link) l
Canon 5D MKIII // Gripped l Canon 70-200 ƒ2.8 L USM l Canon 100mm ƒ2.8 L IS USM Macro l Canon 16-35mm ƒ2.8 L USM l Sigma 35mm ƒ1.4 DG HSM Art l Canon 85mm ƒ1.8 USM l Canon 50mm ƒ1.8 II l Canon 580ex II l Jinbei 400w

l_e_x_y_
55 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 25, 2012 01:38 |  #12

Good job, you did great. Shows you know what you are doing.

www.movere-media.nl (external link)

will227457
260 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 25, 2012 11:15 |  #13

what does the groom have hanging out of his back pocket?

soccer13
49 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 25, 2012 15:37 |  #14

Your first wedding? Great job! You should have happy clients. The last pic is a great capture of a special moment. The third one has a weird light (glow) on the couch (top middle). You can maybe fix in post. Congrats on a job well done!

I am here to Learn...

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,388 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Jul 25, 2012 16:09 |  #15

OH MY Watermark comments. It is really not that bad and does not interfere with a critique.

#1...Love the ring shot
#2...Not straight and the partial doorway should be in the image
#3.. A little crooked .. a bit soft
#4. I would reject this one if it were me.
#5..It pretty good. I would have shot it wide or tighter
#6..A bit blown out but it is a nice image
#7..Cropped to tight
#8.. Well done :)

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

sponsored links

7,734 views & 0 likes for this thread
My first wedding
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.