Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 27 Jul 2012 (Friday) 11:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Labs Cinch Quick Disconnects?

BTBeilke
827 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 27, 2012 11:24 |  #1

Does anyone know whether or not Luma Labs ever came out with a quick disconnect for their Cinch strap? I found a thread dated back in April that sounded like it was nearing production but I didn't see anything on their website.

I also sent them an email a couple days ago but haven't heard anything back from them yet. Judging from the time delay on their production, hopefully that just means that they are really busy right now.

Thanks.

Blane
Gear List

sponsored links
mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,376 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 27, 2012 12:18 |  #2

Greg posted last week that they were a couple of weeks away from buying some material and/or tools to start making them.

diableri
148 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 27, 2012 12:26 |  #3

I sent them an email asking them a question a few weeks ago. It took them about a week and a day or two to respond but I got my answer at that time. Might just need to give them a few more days. =)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 27, 2012 12:27 |  #4

I would love a quick disconnect.

BTBeilke
THREAD ­ STARTER
827 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 27, 2012 13:11 |  #5

Thanks for the info everyone. My understanding is that the QDs can be added to any Cinch once they are available. I was just going to try to get everything on one order if I could.

In the meantime, has anyone tried anything like this?

http://optechusa.com …-connectors/uni-loop.html (external link)

Blane
Gear List

BTBeilke
THREAD ­ STARTER
827 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 27, 2012 15:41 |  #6

I just received a reply to my email from Luma Labs. With regard to the quick disconnects:

Our quick release connection system is still in development. We don't yet have a timeframe, but it is our highest priority.

Blane
Gear List

i-G12
Wat?
1,863 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 27, 2012 16:11 |  #7

Have a feeling it's going to be a while.

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 27, 2012 18:53 |  #8

Greg said about a week ago they were about 3 weeks away from ordering the machinery they would need to make the parts..but it may be longer before they are available. I love my Cinch.

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

luciddreamer
861 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 27, 2012 18:59 |  #9

BTBeilke wrote in post #14778170 (external link)
Thanks for the info everyone. My understanding is that the QDs can be added to any Cinch once they are available. I was just going to try to get everything on one order if I could.

In the meantime, has anyone tried anything like this?

http://optechusa.com …-connectors/uni-loop.html (external link)

Used them for years. Work great with no problems.

materialism ~
preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.

i-G12
Wat?
1,863 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 27, 2012 19:17 |  #10

Keyan wrote in post #14779361 (external link)
Greg said about a week ago they were about 3 weeks away from ordering the machinery they would need to make the parts..but it may be longer before they are available. I love my Cinch.

Months it sounds like. Ordering the machinery and then starting manufacturing probably won't happen in three weeks. Not the end of the world though.

sponsored links

2,209 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Labs Cinch Quick Disconnects?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.