Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 30 Jul 2012 (Monday) 16:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Yongnuo YN-622C Controller Trigger

Kiethf
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Sep 05, 2012 06:34 |  #316

Is there a 3rd party flash compatibility list being built anywhere?

sponsored links
shlomki
23 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Sep 05, 2012 06:59 |  #317

heinimi wrote in post #14949607 (external link)
Yongnuo should really do something against this store. Fishy business.

Agree! they fooled me... I wanted to order straight from Yongnuo so I went to The Yongnuo Store instead of going through eBay. Took them 5 days to ship the item. From now on, only eBay.

I hope they also give 1 year warranty. Now when I look, it doesn't say it anywhere...

RoadPhotog
39 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 05, 2012 21:20 as a reply to  @ shlomki's post |  #318

How long is the wait from ordering to receiving?? I am on the road and need to time when they will arrive or else it will be many more weeks to wait so I can play with them. Haha.

5D MK II, 24-105L, 70-200 f2.8L, 2X TC III,430EXII, 055ProXB, 498RC2.

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,080 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 05, 2012 21:57 |  #319

RoadPhotog wrote in post #14953146 (external link)
How long is the wait from ordering to receiving?? I am on the road and need to time when they will arrive or else it will be many more weeks to wait so I can play with them. Haha.

My experience ordering things that are shipped from China via mail is that the delivery window is quite large. At least a week. Scheduling a purchase based on delivery in US via mail from China is going to be a challenge. And, unfortunately, other means of shipping that may offer a tighter window appear to be quite costly.

It might be more practical to have them shipped to your home, then have someone forward ship them via UPS or FedEx second day.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

CliveyBoy
THREAD ­ STARTER
R.I.P.      He will be missed
3,272 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Sep 05, 2012 21:57 |  #320

Kiethf wrote in post #14949917 (external link)
Is there a 3rd party flash compatibility list being built anywhere?

https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=14895249#po​st14895249

Clive, and Great G/D Abbie
50D; 580EXII, 430EXII, 550EX, YN685EX; YN-622C II, YN622C-TX and YN560-TX controllers TOYUG II v5.10 YN622 System Guide (external link)
I tried retiring, but gave it up - it's a dead end

elv
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 05, 2012 23:41 as a reply to  @ CliveyBoy's post |  #321

Can Clive and anyone else help confirm the On - OFF situation with the 622C.

With Pixel Kings its pretty obvious when they are switched off, but still mounted on the camera hotshoe, that they are not completely OFF and still effect the camera settings.

I have not noticed this with the 622, they appear to be switched off completely when still mounted. Has anyone noticed they still have any effect on the camera? With the Kings for instance they can even effect the TTL exposure while still mounted.

FLASHHAVOC.COM (external link)

Submariner
Goldmember
3,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Sep 06, 2012 07:42 as a reply to  @ elv's post |  #322

Would these YN-622C support my two flash types of shooting:-

1. Outdoors: Canon 7D + 2 remote 430EXII's
a] Can I have 1 in group A and i in group B with ETTL and Ratios and HSS
b] Can I have 1 in group A and i in group B with Manual Flash Control and Ratios and HSS
c] Can I apply FEC to the 2 above styles? either globally or individually.
[reason I'm doing this is to go radio transmission and avoid line of sight issues and the 'wireless busy' delay fault.
Requirement 2 sets of 2 YN-622C [I.e. 3 units, but have to buy pairs]

2. Portable / Home Studio: Canon 7D + 2 Bowens 500R Monolights [Strobes] connected with a pc sync cable to YN-622Cs + 2 remote 430EXII's wirelessly.
NB the Bowens can use an optical slave either set to on or off, can be set to miss the first 1-3 optical preflashes [except the Canon wireless preflash for some reason], also has pc sync cable socket.
a] Can I have 2 Bowens R500s in group A in Manual Flash Mode [I will set the power levels from the Bowens remote control unit for 'ratio' control] and one 430EXII in group B and one 430EXII in group C; with Manual Mode settings for the 430EXII's (only) controllable from the camera?

Requirement 2 sets of 2 YN-622C [I.e. 4 units] or maybe one pair if I got the Bowens to be fired optically i.e. from one of the 430EXII 's flash's (latter idea might be interesting, as I could try out I pair first to see if they work for me)

3. Do these units, when in Manual flash control mode, send out or get the speedlights to send out any optical preflash signals (I am assuming they would not) - this is related to using a Sekonic L308S flash meter. NO problems with the Bowens as the remote controller can let me do what I want i.e. turn them off.

I assume in ETTL mode in the outdoors scenario it will generate a bunch of preflashes from the 430EXII's.

Sorry for the long post but as a flash newbie I would love some kind experienced people to double check this product will do what I want [the previous 20 pages blew my mind]

Canon EOS 5DS R, Canon EF 70-200 F2.8 L Mk II IS USM, Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 L IS USM, EF 40mm F2.8 STM , RC6 Remote. Canon STE-3 Radio Flash Controller, Canon 600 EX RT x4 , YN 560 MkII x2 ; Bowens GM500PRO x4 , Bowens Remote Control. Bowens Pulsar TX, RX Radio Transmitter and Reciever Cards. Bowens Constant 530 Streamlights 600w x 4 Sold EOS 5D Mk III, 7D, EF 50mm F1.8, 430 EX Mk II, Bowens GM500Rs x4

lianggc
97 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 06, 2012 09:51 |  #323

elv wrote in post #14953690 (external link)
Can Clive and anyone else help confirm the On - OFF situation with the 622C.

With Pixel Kings its pretty obvious when they are switched off, but still mounted on the camera hotshoe, that they are not completely OFF and still effect the camera settings.

I have not noticed this with the 622, they appear to be switched off completely when still mounted. Has anyone noticed they still have any effect on the camera? With the Kings for instance they can even effect the TTL exposure while still mounted.

For those who are interested, set the camera to P mode and turn on/off the receiver, then take a picture, you can get a clear answer. :-)

This post is intended to be read on photography-on-the.net only. Please don't repost/quote it on other websites without permession.
Yongnuo Products Support: service@hkyongnuo.com (external link)

lianggc
97 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 06, 2012 09:53 as a reply to  @ Submariner's post |  #324

The hotshoe of YN-622C is almost the same as the one on Canon camera. That's, if the flash mode (of the flash) is ettl-ii, it will emit a preflash. If the flash mode (of the flash) is M/Multi, it won't.

This post is intended to be read on photography-on-the.net only. Please don't repost/quote it on other websites without permession.
Yongnuo Products Support: service@hkyongnuo.com (external link)

Kiethf
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Sep 06, 2012 13:15 |  #325

Thanks... so no Sigmas tested yet.....

CliveyBoy
THREAD ­ STARTER
R.I.P.      He will be missed
3,272 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Sep 06, 2012 15:47 |  #326

Submariner - lianggc has answered one aspect: Canon behaviour has been largely preserved. There is more than one "pre-flash". One is actually at "shutter-open", saying Fire now, and is not needed under radio comms.

E-TTL is a group of facilities, including auto exposure evaluation, and FEC, and Canon Ratios. FEC and Ratios do not apply to Manual power level operations. (Canon ratios depend on multiple exposure evaluations by group - a TTL operation. FEC is a user adjustment to the TTL evaluation. Other camera brands work differently - they don't hold the patents.)

HSS is available under both ETTL and Manual.

YN have extended the Canon approach (whatever the merits or demerits of that is) by providing a "Mixed Control" which allows photogs to use ETTL and Manual and other settings in ways which Canon tried to limit. Kudos.

Within the logical distinction of the ETTL feature set versus Manual levels, you should be able to find configurations that do what you want.

Clive, and Great G/D Abbie
50D; 580EXII, 430EXII, 550EX, YN685EX; YN-622C II, YN622C-TX and YN560-TX controllers TOYUG II v5.10 YN622 System Guide (external link)
I tried retiring, but gave it up - it's a dead end

macoylaroza
182 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 06, 2012 16:56 |  #327

Anyone tried this triggers with AB's?

Canon 5DIII 24-70 f2.8 | 35 f1.4 | 70-200 f2.8| 135 f2| AB1600|RF-602
noy-pi
FlickR (external link)
www.fstopavenue.com (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,080 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 06, 2012 17:40 |  #328

macoylaroza wrote in post #14956537 (external link)
Anyone tried this triggers with AB's?

It appears they will fire just about anything with a sync connection via the PC port.

The "hyper sync" aspect may be iffy.

When I get mine, I'll give them a test with an Einstein. It doesn't play well in "hyper sync" world because of the IBGT power control, but I can at least confirm that it will fire.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

macoylaroza
182 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 06, 2012 18:27 |  #329

dmward wrote in post #14956706 (external link)
The "hyper sync" aspect may be iffy.

Hyper sync is what im looking forward...

Canon 5DIII 24-70 f2.8 | 35 f1.4 | 70-200 f2.8| 135 f2| AB1600|RF-602
noy-pi
FlickR (external link)
www.fstopavenue.com (external link)

gomab1914
98 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 06, 2012 18:46 |  #330

is that possible with the yn622?

http://www.prioritypor​traits.com (external link)

sponsored links

731,212 views & 0 likes for this thread
Yongnuo YN-622C Controller Trigger
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.