Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 04 Aug 2012 (Saturday) 02:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Architectural work. Professional advice please

stayhumble
Goldmember
1,328 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 04, 2012 02:50 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

Looking for advice from mainly professionals, wouldn't mind average shooters either as I'm not above any advice.

Also, if you have any links or information as to bettering architectural photography and editing them, please share. I have a real hard time finding good information.

This was a 2 shot composite with a lot of time between PS and LR. I definitely need to learn how to artificially light better and mixing lighting.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.f​bcdn.net …19988630_111998​5923_o.jpg (external link)

There are no rules for a good photograph and there are no excuses for a bad one.
SELLING:40D, 50D, 10-22, Tamron 17-50 non VC, 5D, 14MM II, 24-105, 70-200 f/4 IS, 430EX, 530EX (ALL MINT W/Box)

sponsored links
chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,696 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 04, 2012 05:18 |  #2

Ya really should reduce your image size down to about 1020 pixels...exterior is a little bright, someone needs to be in charge of decor problems, ie, rug crooked/closet door ajar/clutter in back room/blind crooked, good lighting exposure.

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43 (external link)

C ­ Scott ­ IV
Goldmember
2,574 posts
Gallery: 466 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 04, 2012 09:48 |  #3

What he said, and the "stuff" on the porch.

Charles
www.CScott4.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Gear | Image Editing OK and critique welcome
"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships." Ansel Adams

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 04, 2012 10:35 as a reply to  @ C Scott IV's post |  #4

AGree with ^ also, you are leading in the photo with a white couch, which is going to grab the attention first off.you may want to get higher for another perspective.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

chilipenguin
22 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 05, 2012 05:03 as a reply to  @ Flo's post |  #5

A nice angle on the room, but it looks a little soft, plus there are a few dust spots visible on the ceiling.

Canon 60D | Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro | Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5
Flickr (external link)

cpam.pix
Goldmember
1,275 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 05, 2012 05:13 |  #6

I would like to know the "goal" of taking the picture.

Is this to sell a house?
Is it part of a photojournalism effort to show someone's lifestyle?

Either of these purposes of the photos would change how I would take the shot...and make some changes to the furniture arrangement and attention to the shadows, window blinds, and the fuzzy thing on the floor in the hallway.

1D-III with stuff to stick on it:
70-200L, 28-70L, 24-105L, 300L, 50, 10-17 fish, 2.0x TC
Image editing OK, encouraged, and expected. Thank you for helping me learn!

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,401 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 06, 2012 01:02 |  #7

Not knowing what the rest of the place looks like...I would suggest starting at the front door and work your way through the house.. Start later in the day when there is a lot less light coming in from outside. Turn on the inside lights, and shoot using a tripod.

As to staging the house - reduce clutter. The less 'stuff' in the house the better the images will look - neat, clean, and organized.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

PhotosGuy
75,847 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Aug 07, 2012 22:00 |  #8

I don't think we need to see all of that ceiling, & in the "Share" areas IMAGE POSTING RULES only allow a maximum 1024 pixels on any side. You can always just post a link to them.

A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

CSMFoto
Goldmember
1,178 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 08, 2012 07:10 |  #9

Looks good minus the small stuff stated above!

Facebook (external link) | CSM Photography (external link) | Gear
I got some camera's & lens'.

sponsored links

1,606 views & 0 likes for this thread
Architectural work. Professional advice please
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.