Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 19 Dec 2005 (Monday) 16:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

You got a studio set up? Small, big? Show us how it looks like!

tsmakrakis
86 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Dec 19, 2005 16:48 |  #1

Hi all,
I thought that it would be a good idea to see pictures of some existing studio setups. (your studio included!)

That would help a lot of people in the forum to get an idea of how to build the perfect studio.

I would especially like to see some pictures of studios using light railing systems but if you are not currently using one, please don't make that stop you from posting a picture (or more) of your studio.

If you don't want to post it here and you preffer to email it to me please feel free to do so.

Cheers,

Tassos Makrakis

www.themomento.com (external link)

Canon EOS 1DS MII + 20D
Canon 70-200 2.8 + 4
Canon 28-105 F4 L
Tamrom 28-75 F2.8
Canon 50mm F1.8
and more...

sponsored links
Michaelmjc
not cool enough
4,832 posts
Joined May 2004

Dec 29, 2005 20:32 |  #2

Heres mine, nothing too fancy. Two softboxes, one on the right one overhead. Two umbrellas and an external flash.
You have one awesome portfolio sir, very impressed.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Yyz Design (external link)

rcanzano
563 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Dec 29, 2005 22:17 |  #3

Ok, here's mine . . . . . . .

I know it's just a dirt lot now, but next week it'll be a 20' x 12' studio. I know I posted this before, but it's almost time and I'm getting excited to finally have a place to work!

HOSTED PHOTO

My Gear: Canon 1D Mark IV • Lenses, Lights, & Stuff • The Brand New Zano Studios! https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=414511

tim
Light Bringer
51,010 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 29, 2005 22:28 |  #4

There's a few pictures of studios in this thread (external link) over on FM... the thread's at 100 pages right now, i'm told it's an invaluable read, but set aside a day or so to get through the whole thing.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

am_pitbull_terrier
Goldmember
1,383 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 30, 2005 16:20 as a reply to  @ rcanzano's post |  #5

rcanzano wrote:

I know it's just a dirt lot now, but next week it'll be a 20' x 12' studio. I know I posted this before, but it's almost time and I'm getting excited to finally have a place to work!

Sweet, I bet you are excited. I have a studio in the storefront of a commercial building I own. The storefront is about 30 x 50 the studio room is 12 x 20 approx. Probably just a hair bigger. The sad part is that it seems soooo much bigger until you start adding things into the room (background stands, lights, reflectors etc.) Now I kinda wished I made it bigger. I'll post some photos of it.

Powershot G3
LA-DC58B Lens Adaptor
Spot Filter 58mm
Diffusion Filter 58mm
SkyLight Filter 58 mm
SuperWide Lens

Rebel XT (black), 18-55mm, 24-70mm 2.8, 70-300mm /Lens Hood, 50mm 1.8
Opteka Grip
Radio Slave Trigger
Stroboframe Flash Bracket
580EX Flash & Canon Off Shoe Cord 2
Lumiquest On-Camera Softbox
And of course a POTN camera strap :)

scotgasch
463 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Dec 30, 2005 16:23 as a reply to  @ am_pitbull_terrier's post |  #6

I will post pics of my studio after the new year....
Heh..I am on vacation.

There are two kinds of photographers...the ones who screw up; and the ones who are about to...

Maeglin
94 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Dec 30, 2005 17:06 as a reply to  @ tim's post |  #7

tim wrote:
There's a few pictures of studios in this thread (external link) over on FM... the thread's at 100 pages right now, i'm told it's an invaluable read, but set aside a day or so to get through the whole thing.

Indeed. Another thing to be sure to do is to download the PDFs that are linked somewhere about 2/3 of the way through it, to get all of the photos of setups at the beginning of the thread that are no longer available.

I'm still getting equipment together, but will probably start with something in the garage next year. I've got a light, and waiting on a reflector and stands (next week) as well as starting to look around for backgrounds and a stand for those.

Brian
Canon 20D, 580EX 2, EF 28-135/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-S 17-85/4-5.6 IS, EF 50/1.4, EF 85/1.8
Sigma 70-200/2.8 EX DG HSM

Michaelmjc
not cool enough
4,832 posts
Joined May 2004

Dec 30, 2005 20:49 |  #8

Heres the thread about it.

http://www.fredmiranda​.com/forum/topic2/2704​55 (external link)

Yyz Design (external link)

PIXI_666
Goldmember
2,005 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 01, 2006 00:02 as a reply to  @ rcanzano's post |  #9

rcanzano wrote:

OH YOU SUCK! hahaha Sorry just kidding, the green eyed jealous monster arose when i saw a whole spot there ready to be built for YOUR OWN STUDIO!
Well done :) would love to see progress photo's and the finishing product!!!!

Del

"Capturing, Creating & Preserving your memories"
Adelle Cousins Photography

www.adellecousins.com.​au (external link)
nfo@adellecousins.com.​au (external link)

rcanzano
563 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jan 01, 2006 14:44 |  #10

Pitbul - yeah, I would have like to make it bigger, and we actually had the room to go longer, but other family members didn't want to see it out the patio door and another, reasonably so, didn't want it in front of the bedroom window. So, 12' x 20' it is. Hey, I'm thankful to have any size place to work. I got my ABs over a month ago and have had no where to set em' up.

I'll post pics of it's progress. anybody have suggestions as to what color to paint the inside? It will be raw lumber all around.

Pixi - Funny . . . I was thinking of calling it " The Studio Out Back". Get it . . Outback. (sorry still tired from a late nite NYE, It was funnier as I typed, but now, not so much, I should probably just erase this part, but then there's highlighting, and hitting the delete button, and that's just too much work. But then again, wouldn't it be easier than typing all of this?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

My Gear: Canon 1D Mark IV • Lenses, Lights, & Stuff • The Brand New Zano Studios! https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=414511

am_pitbull_terrier
Goldmember
1,383 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 01, 2006 15:15 as a reply to  @ rcanzano's post |  #11

rcanzano wrote:
Hey, I'm thankful to have any size place to work. I got my ABs over a month ago and have had no where to set em' up.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

Isn't that the truth, I'll take the studio I have over no studio at all :) ....... Happy New Year to you too.

Powershot G3
LA-DC58B Lens Adaptor
Spot Filter 58mm
Diffusion Filter 58mm
SkyLight Filter 58 mm
SuperWide Lens

Opteka Grip
Radio Slave Trigger

rcanzano
563 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jan 01, 2006 15:22 as a reply to  @ am_pitbull_terrier's post |  #12

am_pitbull_terrier wrote:
Sweet, I bet you are excited. I have a studio in the storefront of a commercial building I own. The storefront is about 30 x 50 the studio room is 12 x 20 approx. Probably just a hair bigger. The sad part is that it seems soooo much bigger until you start adding things into the room (background stands, lights, reflectors etc.) Now I kinda wished I made it bigger. I'll post some photos of it.

Yeah, would love to see some pics of what you've done with your space.

jayne ­ ann
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 01, 2006 21:40 |  #13

I just built a studio at my home. I've been in a 12x15 bedroom. My building is 24x42, I'm not in it yet but almost!!
Question, How is my lighing set up going to change?? Will I need more lighting?
I have:
Bees 1 softboxB800 1 umbrella B800 2 backgrough B400's

tried to add a photo but can't figure out how to? Help.

am_pitbull_terrier
Goldmember
1,383 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 02, 2006 08:38 as a reply to  @ rcanzano's post |  #14

rcanzano wrote:
Yeah, would love to see some pics of what you've done with your space.

Okay here are a couple of shots of my stuidio. If anyone has any suggestions on things to change to make it better please speak up and let me know.

This first shot is standing in the main entrance door facing the back of the building. The waiting room is about 20 x 18 going back the hallway where the door is thats the dressing/restroom its about 10 x 10

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

The second is standing at the door entering the studio. The studio room is 12 x 20 roughly

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

I do have plans to get another light but really it has been working out great so far for me.

Powershot G3
LA-DC58B Lens Adaptor
Spot Filter 58mm
Diffusion Filter 58mm
SkyLight Filter 58 mm
SuperWide Lens

Opteka Grip
Radio Slave Trigger

ImagineTNT
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 02, 2006 08:53 |  #15

Here we go.

HOSTED PHOTO

C&C always appreciated for my posts :)
Celebration Packages [www.celebrationpackage​s.com (external link)]
Blog [blog.celebrationpackag​es.com (external link)]
Lightroom Tutorials [blog.celebrationpackag​es.com (external link)]

sponsored links

553,908 views & 5 likes for this thread
You got a studio set up? Small, big? Show us how it looks like!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.