Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 29, 2012 10:01 |  #211

How much does the QD system cost ?.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

sponsored links
gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 29, 2012 19:16 |  #212

How much does the QD system cost ?

We don't have final pricing figured out yet, but we're talking less than $20 for the carbon hooks and custom triangle split keys. They will be introduced with a bit of a discount quietly on our mailing list (and I am sure someone here will give you all a heads up - I won't cross the bright line of advertising it on here). We want current Cinch owners to get a deal initially.

There will also be a replacement for the Cinch Mount - the hole on it is far too small for the QD hook to fit in. You can throw a split key onto it, hook onto the Membrane Connector or use one of our upcoming tripod mount solutions.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

danpass
Goldmember
2,134 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 29, 2012 19:17 |  #213

my order is still pending, or whatever you call it, "2-3 weeks"; will the QD items be available within that time?

Dan
Gallery (external link) | Gear/Feedback

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 29, 2012 19:39 |  #214

I'm looking forward to this QD. Please hurry! ;)

oldbergkamp
60 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 29, 2012 19:40 |  #215

Add me to the list. I received my Cinch about two weeks ago. Works fabulously. I find that I carry my 5DMk3 more often, too.

5D MkIII, 7D, 16-35mm f2.8L II USM, 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, 35mm f/1.4L USM, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, 135mm f/2.0L USM; D-Lux 5; X-T1, XF 14mm f/2.8 R, XF 35mm f/1.4 R

whmeltonjr
Goldmember
1,363 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 29, 2012 19:50 |  #216

I need to join the mailing list. I decided to keep the membrane connector since the QD is designed around it.

William | Fuji X-E1 | Fuji X100S | Flickr (external link)

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 29, 2012 20:34 |  #217

How to join the mailing list ?. A bunch of us wants to join and get the deal :).

gakoenig wrote in post #15184168 (external link)
We don't have final pricing figured out yet, but we're talking less than $20 for the carbon hooks and custom triangle split keys. They will be introduced with a bit of a discount quietly on our mailing list (and I am sure someone here will give you all a heads up - I won't cross the bright line of advertising it on here). We want current Cinch owners to get a deal initially.

There will also be a replacement for the Cinch Mount - the hole on it is far too small for the QD hook to fit in. You can throw a split key onto it, hook onto the Membrane Connector or use one of our upcoming tripod mount solutions.

Nikon/Fuji.

i-G12
Wat?
1,833 posts
Gallery: 122 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 29, 2012 20:37 |  #218

Customer = Preferred Mailing LIst

Hehehehe... I'm in.

whmeltonjr
Goldmember
1,363 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 29, 2012 21:05 |  #219

I joined it on their site. It's in the top right corner of the homepage.

William | Fuji X-E1 | Fuji X100S | Flickr (external link)

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 30, 2012 12:22 |  #220

Yeah it's from their HP and they've offered me free pizzas!

No they didn't :p

Nikon/Fuji.

ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 01, 2012 12:50 |  #221

I'm hoping my "your cinch has shipped" e-mail finds its way to me soon.

-Wayne
three guys (external link) | flickr (external link) | gear

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
8,160 posts
Gallery: 87 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Nov 01, 2012 13:24 as a reply to  @ ThreeGuysPhoto's post |  #222

I got my 'replacement' strap today!!!!

But I have to leave for work now and don't have time to open it.... sigh ....

Charles
Canon EOS 90D * Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

TheArchitect
327 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 01, 2012 13:30 |  #223

ThreeGuysPhoto wrote in post #15195164 (external link)
I'm hoping my "your cinch has shipped" e-mail finds its way to me soon.

You and me both.

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Nov 01, 2012 13:52 as a reply to  @ TheArchitect's post |  #224

Used my Cinch extensively last night when we took our daughter trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. We walked about 2 miles for about 2 hours in 40 degrees F and raining. I took the 5D3 with the 24-105 along with my Domke F3X bag with my speedlite, cell phone, keys, etc. I mainly took the bag just in case it started pouring rain. It was an annoying drizzle all night, so I was able to shoulder the camera and lens all evening.

I carried the Domke bag on my left shoulder and across my chest, but pushed the bag behind me, so it wouldn't bother me with the camera. I also carried the camera on my left shoulder, across my chest, so it was on my right hip, directly in front of my Domke bag. I was wearing a t-shirt under a heavy waterproof jacket and had to adjust the rear strap of the Cinch out a bit, so that it would fit comfortably over the jacket. The adjustable strap was easy to adjust to fit the camera snug against my body and underneath my arm once I was done shooting. The adjustable strap also made it easy to extend the strap to be able to quickly swing it around in front of me to take a photo. The shoulder pad is extremely comfortable and didn't snag on my jacket or on the Domke shoulder strap.

At the end of the evening, we were all tired, cold and wet, but I captured some nice memories of my daughter and her friends knocking on doors and collecting treats.

Alex
Gear List
Feedback
Photography (external link)

Samgoit
826 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 01, 2012 20:33 as a reply to  @ lehmanncpa's post |  #225

It's a miniature VTAC rifle sling (external link). Nice re-purpose!

sponsored links

276,559 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.