Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Nov 01, 2012 21:22 |  #226

Samgoit wrote in post #15196678 (external link)
It's a miniature VTAC rifle sling (external link). Nice re-purpose!

The idea actually came from running a Blue Force Gear sling on my Noveske... Though the only thing that remains is the slide, everything else is quite different.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

sponsored links
Samgoit
826 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 01, 2012 21:38 |  #227

gakoenig wrote in post #15196836 (external link)
The idea actually came from running a Blue Force Gear sling on my Noveske... Though the only thing that remains is the slide, everything else is quite different.

One or the other, I figured. I used Vickers' products first, but now I'm a VTAC convert, but that's neither here nor there. :)

Very nice product, great idea, and it looks like a perfect adaptation. The hardware is impressive. Although I'm a worshiper of the simple lanyard, I will be ordering one.

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 01, 2012 21:53 |  #228

lehmanncpa wrote in post #15195383 (external link)
Used my Cinch extensively last night when we took our daughter trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. We walked about 2 miles for about 2 hours in 40 degrees F and raining. I took the 5D3 with the 24-105 along with my Domke F3X bag with my speedlite, cell phone, keys, etc. I mainly took the bag just in case it started pouring rain. It was an annoying drizzle all night, so I was able to shoulder the camera and lens all evening.

I carried the Domke bag on my left shoulder and across my chest, but pushed the bag behind me, so it wouldn't bother me with the camera. I also carried the camera on my left shoulder, across my chest, so it was on my right hip, directly in front of my Domke bag. I was wearing a t-shirt under a heavy waterproof jacket and had to adjust the rear strap of the Cinch out a bit, so that it would fit comfortably over the jacket. The adjustable strap was easy to adjust to fit the camera snug against my body and underneath my arm once I was done shooting. The adjustable strap also made it easy to extend the strap to be able to quickly swing it around in front of me to take a photo. The shoulder pad is extremely comfortable and didn't snag on my jacket or on the Domke shoulder strap.

At the end of the evening, we were all tired, cold and wet, but I captured some nice memories of my daughter and her friends knocking on doors and collecting treats.

Yep I used mine too. My son was so excited I ended up jogging after him much of the evening or carrying my daughter, and man I was glad I could Cinch it up tight in an instant and my camera was secure behind me and not flopping around or in kicking position for my daughter. It just carries weight so well.

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Nov 02, 2012 00:06 |  #229

One or the other, I figured. I used Vickers' products first, but now I'm a VTAC convert, but that's neither here nor there.

You know, I should give the VTAC a try. I've really been digging on the Magpul MS3 though - frankly, the custom webbing, stitch quality and hardware innovation on it is pretty extraordinary. In fact, Magpul is one of those businesses we try to emulate at Luma.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

danpass
Goldmember
2,134 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 02, 2012 13:28 |  #230

gakoenig wrote in post #15197341 (external link)
You know, I should give the VTAC a try. I've really been digging on the Magpul MS3 though - frankly, the custom webbing, stitch quality and hardware innovation on it is pretty extraordinary. In fact, Magpul is one of those businesses we try to emulate at Luma.

interesting sling. I guess I'm not the only one who thought of a three point connection.

I used one of these to rig up a contraption (still looking forward to my Luma :D)

IMAGE: http://images1.hellotrade.com/data2/GE/NN/HTVENDOR-2039410/0087-250x250.jpg

Dan
Gallery (external link) | Gear/Feedback

TheArchitect
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 05, 2012 19:09 |  #231

My Cinch showed up today. Very nice strap and clearly well thought out. Looking forward to using it this weekend.

Luma, get those QD's released please!!!!

Edit: I just put it on my 50D. I can't believe how easy this strap is to adjust. Works just as advertised. It also sits nicely on my hip while walking and doesn't move around much. I doubt I'll ever use my Crumpler strap again.

whmeltonjr
Goldmember
1,363 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Nov 05, 2012 20:57 |  #232

Waiting sucks :lol: I'm sure it will be worth it though.

EDIT: 1 hour later and I got my tracking number. :D

William | Fuji X-E1 | Fuji X100S | Flickr (external link)

danpass
Goldmember
2,134 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 06, 2012 07:40 as a reply to  @ post 15180135 |  #233

Received my shipping email yesterday :D

After the air show was done lol

Dan
Gallery (external link) | Gear/Feedback

MickeyCT
142 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 08, 2012 21:04 as a reply to  @ danpass's post |  #234

Do you have to be a new owner and male to be a fan"boy"? :lol:

I bought mine not too long after they came out last year and I love it. Used it on several vacations already and it's very comfortable. I tend to cinch the camera up tight in front rather than in back as it makes it easier for me to grab it. I've got an L-plate on my 7D and the strap is attached to the left lug and the bottom of the L-plate. the lug on the bottom is shared with the attachment for my handstrap. No problem with both items attached and it works great.

Mickey

Switching to Olympus OM-D mirrorless system

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 08, 2012 21:07 |  #235

Also fangirls :).

MickeyCT wrote in post #15224471 (external link)
Do you have to be a new owner and male to be a fan"boy"? :lol:

I bought mine not too long after they came out last year and I love it. Used it on several vacations already and it's very comfortable. I tend to cinch the camera up tight in front rather than in back as it makes it easier for me to grab it. I've got an L-plate on my 7D and the strap is attached to the left lug and the bottom of the L-plate. the lug on the bottom is shared with the attachment for my handstrap. No problem with both items attached and it works great.

Mickey

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

ChrisB46
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Nov 08, 2012 21:10 |  #236

Mine has been ordered :D.

AmslerPhoto
43 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 08, 2012 21:23 |  #237

How have I never seen this before.. I want to try to use it with a 300mm...Love it ... thanks for starting this thread..

WWW.AMSLERPHOTO.COM (external link)

i-G12
Wat?
1,837 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Nov 08, 2012 21:35 |  #238

FanGirls welcomed no doubt.

15,000+ views.

AmslerPhoto
43 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 08, 2012 21:38 |  #239

I wish they had more information on their website about what the difference is in sizing.. A picture would really help... Say I want it to hang waist level..

WWW.AMSLERPHOTO.COM (external link)

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 08, 2012 23:33 |  #240

How tall are you ?.

AmslerPhoto wrote in post #15224559 (external link)
I wish they had more information on their website about what the difference is in sizing.. A picture would really help... Say I want it to hang waist level..

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

sponsored links

276,782 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.