Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 23, 2013 23:19 |  #616

DarthVader wrote in post #15748242 (external link)
I don't like soup :lol:.

The "flavor of the day" is "Luma Cinch" :p Nom nom nom, taste those vitamins and nutrients.

My Gearlist

sponsored links
i-G12
Wat?
1,730 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 24, 2013 08:05 |  #617

OK so we're never getting the QR thing. :mad:

328iGuy
Goldmember
3,587 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2004

Mar 24, 2013 08:15 |  #618

i-G12 wrote in post #15749187 (external link)
OK so we're never getting the QR thing. :mad:

Seriously guys, give it a rest.......

Canon 5D IV | Canon 5D III | 16-35L III | 24-70L II | 85L II | 70-200LII | 300 2.8 L

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 24, 2013 19:16 |  #619

328iGuy wrote in post #15749200 (external link)
Seriously guys, give it a rest.......

Well he has a point... If Mokofoko just slurped up the darned prototype, we aren't getting it for a while yet!

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 24, 2013 19:22 |  #620

I'm waiting for April 1st when the mk2 is announced to be a hoax lol.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 24, 2013 19:27 |  #621

Good for your teeth. Are you Jaws ? :).

http://www.tumblr.com/​tagged/richard%20kiel (external link)

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15748532 (external link)
The "flavor of the day" is "Luma Cinch" :p Nom nom nom, taste those vitamins and nutrients.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 24, 2013 19:33 |  #622

I'm dying to upgrade my Cinch! ;)

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 24, 2013 19:37 |  #623

They're working very hard or hardly working ? :).

Nikon/Fuji.

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 24, 2013 20:02 |  #624

DarthVader wrote in post #15751202 (external link)
They're working very hard or hardly working ? :).

Haha! I haven't kept up with this thread but, it seems like eternity! ;):p

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 24, 2013 20:04 |  #625

OK guys I got some info from Luma.

"The MkII will ship with our new carbon fiber injection molded hardware, including a Luma ARCA plate that will be replacing the PodMount. Nobody has ever made a quality injection molded plate before and we are using a really special/new material. As you can imagine, anything new requires a lot of testing/tweaking and development, which is exactly what we've been doing.

This has put us in a bit of a pickle - with injection mold tools, it takes a couple of weeks to do a development rev and make changes, and for all we know, the set of tweaks will yield a part that works perfectly and we will be ready to ship. By the same token, the minimum order we need to make for our CNC machined aluminum components is around 750 units.

So, we are in a position where the MkII has always been just a couple of weeks from shipping, which precludes us from wanting to restock hundreds of MkI units which are on the cusp of being outdated. This is why we've been off-the-market for the last couple of months.

We haven't been wasting much time though. MkII shoulder pads and webbing are in production and ready to go. As soon as we sign off on the injection tools, we are literally hours away from shipping them.

So basically, we're on the cusp here. It's a super annoying position to be in, but the plan is to make a big splash with the MkII - it's a serious evolution of the Cinch with a lot of cool features and a modular construction that makes it the most adaptable product on the market (and at a significantly lower cost than the MkI). The wait will have been worth it."

Nikon/Fuji.

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 24, 2013 20:11 |  #626

^^Awesome! Please post info. when we can order. :)

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 24, 2013 20:18 |  #627

Will post when I have more info.

Nikon/Fuji.

jimblaz
66 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 25, 2013 00:32 |  #628

Great news.

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 25, 2013 04:35 |  #629

Some more:

"The QR links are simply an optional accessory. They thread right onto the 3/8" webbing and click onto the bottom of the new Luma ARCA plate. The PodMount has also been updated to accept them and we will be offering both triangular split keys and a D-ring lanyard adapter for using the links with body lugs/brackets.

The Links are an accessory because, surprisingly, lots of Cinch users have zero interest in a quick release system. I would even say that a majority of the feedback we've gotten is that people like the simplicity and reliability of the simple 3/8" webbing connection.

This, BTW, is why we are so driven to make future products modular. There are too many different photographers, using different gear in different environments to make one strap to rule them all. Instead, we are dramatically lowering the Cinch base price and allowing people to customize it to their needs with various accessories.
"

Nikon/Fuji.

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
7,459 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 25, 2013 07:05 |  #630

DarthVader wrote in post #15752374 (external link)
Some more:

"The QR links are simply an optional accessory. They thread right onto the 3/8" webbing and click onto the bottom of the new Luma ARCA plate. The PodMount has also been updated to accept them and we will be offering both triangular split keys and a D-ring lanyard adapter for using the links with body lugs/brackets.

The Links are an accessory because, surprisingly, lots of Cinch users have zero interest in a quick release system. I would even say that a majority of the feedback we've gotten is that people like the simplicity and reliability of the simple 3/8" webbing connection.

This, BTW, is why we are so driven to make future products modular. There are too many different photographers, using different gear in different environments to make one strap to rule them all. Instead, we are dramatically lowering the Cinch base price and allowing people to customize it to their needs with various accessories.
"

Thank you Darth

I like the sounds of this!

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

sponsored links

270,599 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.