Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 20 Dec 2005 (Tuesday) 17:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge #46 - December

Don ­ Ellis
Goldmember
1,538 posts
Joined Sep 2001

Dec 28, 2005 02:46 as a reply to  @ post 1027677 |  #31

ma-s wrote:
A former colleague of mine mentioned this site and as far as I can remember it right, thanks to Don and his beautiful photo gallery linked to here, I decided to buy Canon G2 in November 2001 as my first own digital camera...

A few words of G2, before going to the next challange contest. Someone here on this forum was considering to give away his G6. I still have my "old" G2 and won't give it away ever.

P.S. Shall we put it still as challange #47? Or would it be better to start it again from #1 added with the year, eg. #1/2006? And if "yes", now or only after this round, next week? Brief and quick comments, please! Don?

How nice to hear that I helped you with your first digital camera decision -- especially since it was a good one.

The G2 is a great camera. I gave mine away but it stayed in the family -- if I didn't have a stepdaughter, it would still be on my shelf. And one of the reasons I bought a Pro 1 was its resemblance in form and function to the G-series cameras.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question about the Challenge name -- I was sleeping in Hong Kong. You did fine -- #47 it is. That way we can look back five years from now and see how many we've done.

Congratulations again on your win. It's nice to see a fresh face in the winner's circle.

Cheers,

Don

Don ­ Ellis
Goldmember
1,538 posts
Joined Sep 2001

Dec 28, 2005 03:18 |  #32

To everyone who spared a thought for the lost flask, thank you. I've since been reimbursed by the wonderful lady who sold it to me.

And, yes, it was expensive enough to take us on a small vacation. Maybe the money gods are looking after me.

Cheers,

Don

marie
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002

Dec 28, 2005 15:13 as a reply to  @ Don Ellis's post |  #33

Congratulations to the winners

Ma- S

In Japan

#3 Don

and many thanks Rpolitsr for your thoughts and comments
when I posted I had a lot of visitors and was trying to rush on a photo without anyone noticing I was on the computer
hard to concentrate with people calling you
:lol:

:rolleyes:

many thanks also to Don for such a suggestion as to think what you said re what you thought
if my photo had been posted in time :lol:
:shock:

(grin grin)

your picture is beautiful and is a well deserved placing

loved all the shots
wishing you all a very very peaceful and Happy New Year
thanks again

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105
Lmm10-22mm,17-40,17-85, 70-300,60mm

RAW
601 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 28, 2005 23:47 as a reply to  @ marie's post |  #34

Wonderland...

This is my late entry for December, found it in my archives...enjoy...ple​ase feel free to critique.

It is taken at Central Park...

Regards,
Artan

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Artan
I have my G6s Kenko TC for sale...please PM.

Eos 2oD I EF50mm f/1.4 I 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS I 24-70L I 580ex.
PS G6 I 420ex I LA 52/58mm I Hoya HMC polarizer
Kenko KNT-20 2x I Raynox DCR 6600PRO .66x.
I'm lovin' it...:D

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

8,135 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN G-series Speed Challenge #46 - December
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.