Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 24 Aug 2012 (Friday) 13:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Kickstarter Campaign: Quikdraw

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,967 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Sep 04, 2012 17:39 |  #61

MDJAK has to be behind this project beyond his pledge...thus it is doomed to hardware failure :lol:

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

sponsored links
MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,725 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Sep 04, 2012 18:39 |  #62

vipergts831 wrote in post #14947972 (external link)
MDJAK has to be behind this project beyond his pledge...thus it is doomed to hardware failure :lol:

Yep my secret is out. I'm the inventor. ;) :lol:

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,725 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 16, 2012 21:08 |  #63

Did anyone ever get these?

loloban
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 16, 2012 23:00 |  #64

i don't think they start shipping yet
still waiting

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 17, 2012 09:00 |  #65

Jan was the ship date on the last note.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,725 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 17, 2012 12:43 |  #66

they say they shipped the nikon versions.

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 19, 2012 08:13 |  #67

My guess is they made all of one kind then moved to the other. Rather than make both at once.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,136 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 19, 2012 08:30 |  #68

I don't know how they can ship or even build the product if they are having production issues

http://www.quikdraw.co​m …n-production-and-shipping (external link)

Shipping will be in January. There are too many open items and we are not in a place to start the build. Below are the issues.

The base plate first article (sample) did not meet the design requirements. This is not that big of an issue because the mold can be reworked to correct the problem. The next sample is due on Friday. This has taken longer than planned and is the major reason the product will be delayed. When the mold is approved it should take about 1 week to build 2000+ baseplates.
The teflon-nickel coating is still awesome but there are a issue on the table. The coating is so slick that the screws don't stay put even with locktite! We will have to cover the screw holes when coating so there will be a raw aluminum to screw connection. New samples are due this week.
As of right now the enlarged screw hole issue is still open. We have tried several attempts but all the screw holes are still too big. This is still ongoing.

When the coating and screw hole issues are resolved we will kick off the build of the metal parts and that should take about a week for CnC machining and a week for coating.
Component orders. I only have 1/2 of the necessary components to build the Quikdraws at this time. The Washers and ball plungers have not arrived yet. They both should be in this week. I only could purchase about half of the ball plungers. The other half will be delivered in January.

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22mm
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

sponsored links

8,776 views & 0 likes for this thread
Kickstarter Campaign: Quikdraw
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.