Around the launch period, there were lots of varied impressions on the high-iso capabilities of the 5DIII. I'll list some things I remembered off the top of my head (I'm only concerned with raws)
- It is 1/2 stop better than the 5DII in controlled tests (this is the most conservative assessment I've seen)
- It is more than 1 stop better than the 5DII in real situations.
- 5DIII raws "clean up better" than 5DII raws in PP
- Much less banding than 5DII when shadows lifted
- Better than D800 starting at ISO3200
After 6 months, are there any more refined assessments of the the 5DIII's high iso performance? Compared to 5DII, D800, 1D4, etc? What is your assessment?