Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 26 Sep 2012 (Wednesday) 13:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Shot my first wedding a few weeks ago...

cabinajm
812 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 26, 2012 13:51 |  #1

This is gleaned from the "talking" forum... wanted to share the pictures here...

It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't ideal. First, the ceremony and reception were in a small restaurant. The lighting was AWFUL! There wasn't enough space for me to shoot because of the cramped area with all of the guests huddled around. I hung my flashes where I thought I would get good lighting, but the bride and groom weren't facing each other, they were facing the "alter" the entire time and there was no room for me to move around to get clean shots. I got a few good prep shots of the B/G, wish I had a little more time. The reception was easier. I normally do nightlife and event photography so my "fun" style is what they were looking for. All in all, I'd do it again. I'm advertising now to pick up a few more. Time to read through this forum.

I relied heavily on my 60D solely for the pop-up flash. I dialed it down to 1/32 power, just enough to dispel the shadow. I chimped as i went along though, readjusting as necessary.

I took my 5DII and 24-70L out this weekend and the results in absolutely low light were in stark contrast to what i'm use to with the 60D and 10-22.

Well, the bride is REALLY happy with the pictures, she wasn't sure whether or not the guests were having fun at the wedding, but after seeing the photos she was convinced they were. So, all that matters is that she's happy. Stress level going down!!!

I finally got done with the pictures last night. Here are some from the gallery. Please note that some angles had to be done a certain way (especially the cake cutting) because I was up against a wall in a very tight space and there was an obstruction to my right that was in frame.

IMAGE: http://abinajmphotography.smugmug.com/Clients/Jen-and-Jerome-Wedding/i-qwpwjXf/0/M/JenAndJeromeWedding-20120908-M.jpg

IMAGE: http://abinajmphotography.smugmug.com/Clients/Jen-and-Jerome-Wedding/i-8BCSbr6/0/M/JenAndJeromeWedding-20120908-M.jpg

IMAGE: http://abinajmphotography.smugmug.com/Clients/Jen-and-Jerome-Wedding/i-Z5q9vBh/0/M/JenAndJeromeWedding-20120908-M.jpg

IMAGE: http://abinajmphotography.smugmug.com/Clients/Jen-and-Jerome-Wedding/i-qvTgfqQ/0/M/JenAndJeromeWedding-20120908-M.jpg

Can you tell I PS'd the light stand and flash out of this pic? lol, getting a little better...
IMAGE: http://abinajmphotography.smugmug.com/Clients/Jen-and-Jerome-Wedding/i-hxG2WTb/0/M/JenAndJeromeWedding-20120908-M.jpg

IMAGE: http://abinajmphotography.smugmug.com/Clients/Jen-and-Jerome-Wedding/i-Qg7692C/0/M/JenAndJeromeWedding-20120908-M.jpg

-Chris
A couple Canons, a flash, a bunch of lenses and LIGHTS!
Silverstar Media : Photography - Web Design - Technology Support (external link)

sponsored links
cabinajm
THREAD ­ STARTER
812 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 26, 2012 13:51 |  #2

Some more

The yellow glow behind her head is from a lamp

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

-Chris
Silverstar Media : Photography - Web Design - Technology Support (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,641 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 27, 2012 08:10 |  #3

nice first group, can't see the 2nd group at all

boomanphoto
278 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 27, 2012 08:17 |  #4

:lol:Those look good! Also, nice reflection is photo #2 :lol:

-Austin
Facebook (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link)
5DMKII | 60D | 16-35L II | 70-200L II | 580EX II

cabinajm
THREAD ­ STARTER
812 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 27, 2012 09:09 |  #5

yes, I am the ghost in the mirror! :)

really, can't see the second? I'll have to check on my links, i may have updated teh photos in the gallery

-Chris

Pixil ­ Studio
Goldmember
1,270 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 27, 2012 19:27 |  #6

just so you know the lighting in weddings is always bad and things rarely go in the photographers way but nice pics, a little dark and watch the tilted pics. one or 2 is fine but you ll get vertigo if there are a bunch

Denver wedding and event photographer (external link)
My photography Blog (external link)

sponsored links

1,518 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shot my first wedding a few weeks ago...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.