Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,300 posts
Gallery: 306 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 26, 2014 12:34 |  #3961

Oh yes, Maureen: Snowy Owls and Puffins. I would LOVE to go shoot some Puffins. Sigh... so many birds and not enough time / health / money, or whatever our excuse is!! However, knowing you I'm pretty sure you will get to shoot those Snowy Owls and Puffins. No doubt about it! :)

Wise words from you, Joayne. It's like Mick the Wise once sang: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some times you might find, you get what you need." :D

Levina
My flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,300 posts
Joined Sep 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by Levina de Ruijter.

Mar 26, 2014 12:36 |  #3962

Oh I forgot, I have some White Storks to share, even though I'm not really a fan of the golden light on white birds...

IMAGE: http://cdn.ipernity.com/113/51/29/31375129.e3d9c537.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.ipernity.co​m/doc/288477/31375129  (external link)

Levina

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,172 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 26, 2014 12:53 |  #3963

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #16788026 (external link)
Oh yes, Maureen: Snowy Owls and Puffins. I would LOVE to go shoot some Puffins. Sigh... so many birds and not enough time / health / money, or whatever our excuse is!! However, knowing you I'm pretty sure you will get to shoot those Snowy Owls and Puffins. No doubt about it! :)

Wise words from you, Joayne. It's like Mick the Wise once sang: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some times you might find, you get what you need." :D

LOL! I am pretty sure I will too. My oldest sister & I are scheming to run away to Belgium & Amsterdam next year, Levina. We saw very cheap prices if we go in February so we are weighing the pros & cons. What do you think? We really want to do an art trip to Bruges, Ghent & Amsterdam....

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,300 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 26, 2014 13:22 |  #3964

Maureen Souza wrote in post #16788070 (external link)
LOL! I am pretty sure I will too. My oldest sister & I are scheming to run away to Belgium & Amsterdam next year, Levina. We saw very cheap prices if we go in February so we are weighing the pros & cons. What do you think? We really want to do an art trip to Bruges, Ghent & Amsterdam....

Ooh, that would be nice, Maureen! And of course after your president went to the Rijksmuseum, you simply can't stay behind!!! :D Seriously though, his unscheduled visit to Amsterdam and the Rijksmuseum was so very very nice. I thought about going there, trying to get a shot of him, but I knew I wouldn't get to see anything as security measures were off the scale, so I stayed home and glued to the television as the whole visit to Amsterdam was broadcast live. You have no idea how pleased Amsterdam was for his quick visit. It was the talk of the town, everybody loved that he did this. Your Mr. Obama is very popular here to begin with of course. Me personally I envy you all to pieces for having such a great president. Regardless of whether you agree with his policies, this is a great man. We seem to have had nothing but idiots these past 15 years or so, including the one we have now. Embarrassing and quite depressing...

Levina

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,793 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Mar 26, 2014 13:46 |  #3965

That's lovely, Levina. I know the golden color makes the storks look a little dirty but it looks good on the landscape and I love that little bird in there.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 26, 2014 14:48 as a reply to  @ EastBayGirl's post |  #3966

Super hummer shot Maureen, and beautiful storks Levina.
We don't have snowy owls or hummers :lol:
One of my photographer friends is in Holland at the moment and seeing some incredible birds - he's there fishing really - but takes his camera kit along too - yesterday he shot Great White Egrets, Spoonbills, Oyster Catchers, and lots of other waders I don't know the names of!
If you're on Flickr he is here http://www.flickr.com/​photos/51846992@N03/ (external link)

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,300 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 26, 2014 16:51 |  #3967

Thanks Stina. I like the little one in there too. That's why I chose this particular shot, because I have more.

Thanks, Penel. I took a quick look but will return tomorrow (working on a birthday gift for somebody). It didn't say where he is. Do you know?

Levina

Maureen ­ Souza
33,172 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 26, 2014 18:07 |  #3968

Levina, we can't stand our President. He has very low approval ratings here in America for many reasons; probably the worst President in my lifetime. I think he is an embarrassment as well as dishonest & incompetent. But we aren't supposed to discuss politics on POTN so I better be done......

5DMK4
7DMK2

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,300 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 26, 2014 18:32 |  #3969

LOL, Maureen, you do know I was talking about Barack Obama and not George W. Bush, right? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist that!! That's because George W. was hated beyond belief here.
Anyway, let's just agree to disagree. Didn't mean to open up a can of worms.

Levina

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,793 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Mar 26, 2014 18:39 |  #3970

Oh yeah, I'm not going to touch that conversation.  :p

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,172 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 26, 2014 18:40 |  #3971

I won't tell you what names Obama is called here..... :) but the grass is always greener in someone else's pasture.

5DMK4
7DMK2

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,745 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 26, 2014 20:27 |  #3972

EastBayGirl wrote in post #16788907 (external link)
Oh yeah, I'm not going to touch that conversation.  :p

Me neither. I'm not stupid!

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Gundogs
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 27, 2014 17:02 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #3973

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #16788654 (external link)
Thanks Stina. I like the little one in there too. That's why I chose this particular shot, because I have more.

Thanks, Penel. I took a quick look but will return tomorrow (working on a birthday gift for somebody). It didn't say where he is. Do you know?

sorry Levina, I don't know whereabouts he is. It's great for birds though!

my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Gundogs
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 28, 2014 08:28 as a reply to  @ post 16791424 |  #3974

Levina - Carl is in Zeeland. :D

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,300 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 28, 2014 09:42 |  #3975

LOL. Penel, my family comes from Zeeland and I was born and raised there. We moved to Noord-Holland when I was 13. I've always been so grateful that we moved but maybe I should move back now! :)

Levina

sponsored links

710,865 views & 1,356 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.