Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EOS-M Had a play yesterday. Like it a lot!

ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 12, 2013 11:25 |  #271

RTPVid wrote in post #15601963 (external link)
Here's an idea... Why not have two models, the current design and one that is a bit larger with a viewfinder? You know, let the consumer choose! Revolutionary! ;)

If the rumors are true the viewfinder version will be announced and released this year.

http://www.canonrumors​.com …nder-coming-late-2013-cr/ (external link)
(The picture is just a mockup.)

-Wayne
three guys (external link) | flickr (external link) | gear

sponsored links
drew
809 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 12, 2013 19:31 |  #272

Sorarse wrote in post #15600766 (external link)
I don't think Canon are likely to address the viewfinder problem, but it would be nice to have the option to turn off the touch sensitive LCD, which I guess they could do with a firmware update.

In the menu on the tab of the wrench with three (3) dots, the "Touch Control" has standard and sensitive. Make sure it's set to standard!

7D | EOS M | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS USM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM | Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM | flickr (external link)

Sorarse
Goldmember
2,193 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 13, 2013 02:25 |  #273

drew wrote in post #15603700 (external link)
In the menu on the tab of the wrench with three (3) dots, the "Touch Control" has standard and sensitive. Make sure it's set to standard!

It is, and it's still way too sensitive.

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! Terry Pratchett

http://www.scarecrowim​ages.com (external link)
Canon PowerShot G2

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 13, 2013 02:33 |  #274

Sorarse wrote in post #15604697 (external link)
It is, and it's still way too sensitive.

In the standard setting I find the touch control sensitive but not too sensitive. I love the way one can move the focus points arond the screen in an instant.

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

Sorarse
Goldmember
2,193 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 13, 2013 05:50 |  #275

I agree, changing the focus point by just touching the screen is a great feature, and changing other settings similarly is also good. However, a few times I have had it change settings by itself though, which is a pain if I don't notice. Probably the worse case is the 'touch screen to take a photo' feature turning itself back on and the camera then either taking photos all by itself or it taking one when I touch the screen to change focus points, not realising that the feature has been turned on.

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! Terry Pratchett

http://www.scarecrowim​ages.com (external link)
Canon PowerShot G2

Kanon ­ Shot
53 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 13, 2013 13:22 as a reply to  @ Sorarse's post |  #276

I would love to pick up one but it's just so expensive.....:mad:

XBGM3R
196 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 13, 2013 22:07 |  #277

skygod44 wrote in post #15331936 (external link)
Guys....no fighting please.

There are many reasons for buying, or not buying any camera that's currently on the market. Discussing these reasons is a valid thing to do, and I'm happy to read about the "competition".

But judging someone's character is a big no no!
OK?

And don't forget that if you own a Canon dSLR and a handful of lenses, then adding the current, or a future M-series body+adapter gives you options that are unavailable if you move to a whole different manufacturer.

This, to me, is the main "point" of looking at the EOS-M.

Cheers for now,

Simon

Your post blow some trolling posts out.... :D *ThumbUP*

ThreeGuysPhoto wrote in post #15602035 (external link)
If the rumors are true the viewfinder version will be announced and released this year.

http://www.canonrumors​.com …nder-coming-late-2013-cr/ (external link)
(The picture is just a mockup.)

ahh EOS-M in the picture is a mockup w/VF and looking UGLY. no way this wont my next EOS-M MKII.. I rather stick with current Canon EOS-M and love it's good looking!

| P&S: A610 & G12 (external link)| EOS Body: 7NE, 30D & M (external link), SL1 | EF 75-300 III USM| TAMRON [177DE] AF 28-80 ASPH | EF-S 18-55 USM | EF 40 STM | EFM 22 STM |

ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 14, 2013 10:26 |  #278

XBGM3R wrote in post #15608051 (external link)
Your post blow some trolling posts out.... :D *ThumbUP*

ahh EOS-M in the picture is a mockup w/VF and looking UGLY. no way this wont my next EOS-M MKII.. I rather stick with current Canon EOS-M and love it's good looking!

Canon had nothing to do with the mockup. The next M will look nothing like this very ugly mockup.

-Wayne

ThreeGuysPhoto
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 21, 2013 09:45 |  #279

I finally loaded Magic Lantern and it really adds some life to the already fun to use M.
Using the M's zoom with AF is a great way to help the speed of the AF by reducing the area it has to focus on. But, it is kind of a pain to frame the shot, move the focus point, and then hit the magnify button. The magic zoom feature on Magic Lantern makes this easy. You can set it to zoom at the shutter half-press and the AF is quick and accurate. It also has focus peaking which is awesome for MF.

-Wayne

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Location: Where southern efficiency and northern charm come together

Feb 21, 2013 12:09 |  #280

ThreeGuysPhoto wrote in post #15635639 (external link)
It also has focus peaking which is awesome for MF.

Now that is something that will push me over the edge to trading my Panny 4/3 for the M. I love using my old MF lenses with the little camera and focus peaking would be great.

-- Ken
Comment and critique is always appreciated!
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Feb 21, 2013 16:32 |  #281

ThreeGuysPhoto wrote in post #15635639 (external link)
I finally loaded Magic Lantern and it really adds some life to the already fun to use M.
Using the M's zoom with AF is a great way to help the speed of the AF by reducing the area it has to focus on. But, it is kind of a pain to frame the shot, move the focus point, and then hit the magnify button. The magic zoom feature on Magic Lantern makes this easy. You can set it to zoom at the shutter half-press and the AF is quick and accurate. It also has focus peaking which is awesome for MF.

magic lantern software looks interesting

Village_Idiot
GREATEST POTN MEMBER EVER
3,695 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 22, 2013 08:43 |  #282

I'll be switching. I'm selling my OM-D and lenses to help buy a house. Eventually I'll end up with an EOS-M when I save some cash up and I already have Canon lenses to use. I liked the OM-D a lot, but this makes more financial sense to me right now.

My village called. I was told that they missed me.

Speedotron users, untie!

mike ­ cabilangan
Goldmember
1,378 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 09, 2014 21:35 |  #283

zombie thread i know, but i just got in on a super deal.

EOS M
+ 22mm
+18-55
+90 flash
+ adapter

for about 400 USD :)

no, i'm not located in the USA.

at that price, it would be a spectacular replacement for our S95

camera bag reviews (external link)
flickr (external link)gearLust

Frodge
Goldmember
3,075 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2012

Nov 10, 2014 01:58 |  #284

I bought one for my wife a month ago with the 22, 18-55 and flash. It's an amazing camera for the money. I'm seriously thinking of getting one for myself. It's built better than most dslrs up to $1000 as well.

sponsored links

53,642 views & 0 likes for this thread
EOS-M Had a play yesterday. Like it a lot!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.