Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 12 Oct 2012 (Friday) 05:59
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "How would you like those white lenses to be?"
Love them the way they are...
68.7%
I hate that damn ugly white, would love to have them black !
31.3%

246 voters, 246 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Am I the only one hates the white colored lenses?

RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 12, 2012 12:53 |  #46

https://photography-on-the.net …?p=11157132&pos​tcount=133

Tom

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
16,036 posts
Gallery: 180 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2008
Location: from Pennsylvania, now in Washington state, road trip back and forth a lot, with extensive detouring

Oct 12, 2012 12:55 |  #47

I wish the poll had another choice, entitled, "I don't care what color the lenses are, I only care about how the images look."
That would get my vote.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 12, 2012 13:49 |  #48

Sarel wrote in post #15113084 (external link)
For those claiming that photography gear is not a fashion accessory but a tool, have you ever tried taking pictures with a white lens in a public place?
it takes about 3 seconds until someone reaches you with a dumb question...

Whom are you taking pictures here today? where will it be shown? when? why? how?

I think that Canon should be offering both colors. Just let the user choose.

Me, personally, I think those white lenses are ugly as well....

Yes, all the time, and no one has said a word to me. Mostly family teasing me a little about it. Then they see the shots and that stops. Of course, the 70-300L is probably the single most subtle white L lens you can buy, it's not a gigantic lens by any means.

I have no issue with the color. It lowers the temp of the lens, which was part of the reason Canon did it as the fluorite elements in many of the L lenses are supposedly more affected by heat. It is also marketing for sure. When you see an L lens, you know it's a Canon right away. The 70-300L takes such amazing pics I wouldn't care if it were brilliant magenta (ok maybe a little) as long as it performs the way my copy does.

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

599XX
46 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 12, 2012 14:08 |  #49
bannedPermanent ban

I like the white it looks nice! specially when the body is black.

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,381 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Oct 12, 2012 14:11 |  #50

http://www.petapixel.c​om …s-with-custom-paint-jobs/ (external link)

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 14:12 |  #51
bannedPermanent ban

What gets me is the OP complaining of gathering too much attention then it makes his sig with big bold red "L's"....LOL!! Say again about attention??

Gear: a toothed wheel :p
"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals" Michael Bassey Johnson
--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,289 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 12, 2012 14:27 |  #52

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #15113674 (external link)
What gets me is the OP complaining of gathering too much attention then it makes his sig with big bold red "L's"....LOL!! Say again about attention??

he just wants to see what others say about the white lens and has a poll on it. no need to rip him up about other things.

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 14:37 |  #53
bannedPermanent ban

Rip him up?? Geez....kind of exaggerated don't you think? An opinion thats all, Im not trying to get someone here killed...LOL!

"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals" Michael Bassey Johnson
--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,289 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 12, 2012 14:41 |  #54

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #15113800 (external link)
Rip him up?? Geez....kind of exaggerated don't you think? An opinion thats all, Im not trying to get someone here killed...LOL!

i dont exaggerate... :mad:

jk

yes i guess i exaggerated lol sorry.

Sarel
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 12, 2012 14:56 |  #55

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #15113674 (external link)

The OP meant to say two things,

1. I hate the attention the white color takes
2. I hate the way it looks.

maybe wanted to know if I am the only one hates the white color (which turns out that I am in a good company as over 30% hates it as well).

and as for my signature, since when bold letters attracts attention in a forum that was made out of bold "L" letters.

Grow up kid,

Canon EOS1d Mark IV
Canon EOS5d Mark III Gripped

35L[COLOR=gray] | 85L Mk II | 135L | 300L[COLOR=gray] | 17-40L | 24-105L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8IS | EF 1.4X II | 580EX II

Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
16,036 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Location: from Pennsylvania, now in Washington state, road trip back and forth a lot, with extensive detouring

Oct 12, 2012 15:01 |  #56

Sarel,
Your red Ls are not bold; I am not sure why someone claimed they were (unless you just changed it)

Bold red L: L
regular, (not-bold) red L: L This is what I see in your signature line.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 15:06 |  #57
bannedPermanent ban

Sarel wrote in post #15113893 (external link)
The OP meant to say two things,

1. I hate the attention the white color takes
2. I hate the way it looks.

maybe wanted to know if I am the only one hates the white color (which turns out that I am in a good company as over 30% hates it as well).

and as for my signature, since when bold letters attracts attention in a forum that was made out of bold "L" letters.

Grow up kid,

Grow up? Really? Im not the one occupying bandwidth with such an "awesome" thread.... Here is an idea...write to Canon, see if they care of your opinion and poll.

What? That does not make any sense....like your thread, BTW.

--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
16,036 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 12, 2012 15:11 |  #58

Brian, I do not understand that sentence either. I cannot figure out what Sarel is trying to say, due to the way grammar is used. If the sentence were re-worded, perhaps we could understand.

Sarel
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 12, 2012 15:12 |  #59

Tom Reichner wrote in post #15113925 (external link)
Sarel,
Your red Ls are not bold; I am not sure why someone claimed they were (unless you just changed it)

Bold red L: L
regular, (not-bold) red L: L This is what I see in your signature line.

LoL

Changed nothing. haven't noticed they were not bold.

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #15113947 (external link)
Grow up? Really? Im not the one occupying bandwidth with such an "awesome" thread.... Here is an idea...write to Canon, see if they care of your opinion and poll.

What? That does not make any sense....like your thread, BTW.

As a matter of fact, I might do that if that poll will justify it.
30% reflects a demand for black colored tele lenses.

BTW my friend, a negative approach won't get you too far in life. try to ease things up and be kind to others. it will make you much happier.

Canon EOS1d Mark IV
Canon EOS5d Mark III Gripped

35L[COLOR=gray] | 85L Mk II | 135L | 300L[COLOR=gray] | 17-40L | 24-105L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8IS | EF 1.4X II | 580EX II

Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
16,036 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 12, 2012 15:16 |  #60

I wonder why Brian said your red Ls were bold when they weren't bold. I would like an explanation from Brian, as to why he called your Ls bold when they were not.

Sarel wrote in post #15113978 (external link)
BTW my friend, a negative approach won't get you too far in life. try to ease things up and be kind to others. it will make you much happier.

Sarel, I agree with you. But remember, a little while ago, you said, "grow up, kid" to him. That did not seem to be very positive, happy, or kind. It actually came across as being disrespectful when I read it.

sponsored links

10,565 views & 0 likes for this thread
Am I the only one hates the white colored lenses?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.