Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 13 Nov 2012 (Tuesday) 09:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

DSLR Gear: No Idea

Brian_R
Goldmember
2,656 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Nov 13, 2012 09:23 |  #1

http://youtu.be/LApO_B​DRE8M (external link)

thought this was funny especially the end with the guy and yeah. watch if you want :p

not mine. just sharing

sponsored links
ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 13, 2012 11:04 |  #2

ha, cute.

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Kolor-Pikker
Goldmember
2,790 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 14, 2012 03:12 |  #3

"Home video mode", Ha! I think everyone is at least a little guilty of these things to some extent.

So what's the dumbest thing you ever did? I'm guilty of forgetting the memory card and leaving the lens cap on at least once or twice.

And thinking the batteries are charged and seeing 10% later on when I'm in the sticks with a wall socket miles away.

5DmkII | 24-70 f/2.8L II | Pentax 645Z | 55/2.8 SDM | 120/4 Macro | 150/2.8 IF
I acquired an expensive camera so I can hang out in forums, annoy wedding photographers during formals and look down on P&S users... all the while telling people it's the photographer, not the camera.

Channel ­ One
Goldmember
1,764 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 15, 2012 11:43 |  #4

Kolor-Pikker wrote in post #15243754 (external link)
And thinking the batteries are charged and seeing 10% later on when I'm in the sticks with a wall socket miles away.

Renting a Bell Jet Ranger to do a shoot of a clients broadcasting site in the East Everglades and upon arrival over the site the Anton-Bauer battery on the camcorder shows reserve, no sweat, pull out the spare and notice a label on it stating "will not take a charge" lucky me.

The upside was those things can do something like 140 mph so it was a quick trip back to North Perry to grab a few more batteries from the van but none the less that error added the cost of a new Hytron 140 or two to the rental fee. ;-(

Wayne

Madness takes its toll, please have exact change. (external link)

NPPA Member District 6, never again.

MarKap77
806 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 15, 2012 12:36 |  #5

Kolor-Pikker wrote in post #15243754 (external link)
"Home video mode", Ha! I think everyone is at least a little guilty of these things to some extent.

So what's the dumbest thing you ever did? I'm guilty of forgetting the memory card and leaving the lens cap on at least once or twice.

Done both of these, more than once.

But I've NEVER done this. By the way, I have some swamp land i want to sell you. lol

Mark
My Gear List

"I don't travel to get to work, travel IS my work!

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Nov 15, 2012 20:14 |  #6

Haha, bookmarked for sure.. Personification of so many DSLR owners who have too much money to know what personality device to identify themselves with! Shame they choose photography/cinematogr​aphy when the science is such a delicate and rewarding privilege. Love this kinda stuff.

Brian_R
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,656 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Nov 16, 2012 07:47 |  #7

StaticMedia wrote in post #15250980 (external link)
Haha, bookmarked for sure.. Personification of so many DSLR owners who have too much money to know what personality device to identify themselves with! Shame they choose photography/cinematogr​aphy when the science is such a delicate and rewarding privilege. Love this kinda stuff.

well said. its tough to see people try to get into photo/video, drop a ton of money into it and then give up because they cant get the results they thought they would. if only they would take a few classes or read some books. some people demand instant gratification and sadly with crafts like these it does not come over night.

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Nov 16, 2012 15:06 |  #8

Brian_R wrote in post #15252519 (external link)
well said. its tough to see people try to get into photo/video, drop a ton of money into it and then give up because they cant get the results they thought they would. if only they would take a few classes or read some books. some people demand instant gratification and sadly with crafts like these it does not come over night.

Exactly. People fail to read and learn about it out of curiosity or passion for the subject. They want the easy button. It's a global narcissist phenomena these days with society and how people will tell you one device is better than another or this is better than that...but none of them can tell you why or elaborate. Makes me sad.

There is a great book on the subject that can be found here:

http://www.narcissisme​pidemic.com/ (external link)

I just started it, but so far its been spot on! A great write up of the narcissist in modern society.

John ­ Sims
Goldmember
1,437 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 16, 2012 18:03 |  #9

It is sad but I can't see it getting any better. With the video game age, kids just want instant gratification, there is no staying power or working towards a goal. If it doesn't happen in ten minutes its off to something else. When I look back on the hours I spent as a kid making plastic models, and 101 other things, I don't believe kids today have that level of patience or imagination.

John Sims
Canon 60D, 30D, 10D, AE1 & some other stuff

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Nov 20, 2012 08:47 |  #10

John Sims wrote in post #15254776 (external link)
It is sad but I can't see it getting any better. With the video game age, kids just want instant gratification, there is no staying power or working towards a goal. If it doesn't happen in ten minutes its off to something else. When I look back on the hours I spent as a kid making plastic models, and 101 other things, I don't believe kids today have that level of patience or imagination.

For sure. And not many of them have any taste in the arts. There has always been pop-young teen type music, but even when I was a kid in the 90's we had bands that played instruments and actually tried. Now any Californicated auto-tuned """"artist"""" is "cool" and gets ridiculous recognition and attention without any real talent. Its the channeling of the media and the herding of the sheep. I remember when we got a Nintendo in 1989. My brother and I loved it ,but we would play it a few hours and then spend the majority of our time outside. I'm pretty confident I could survive in nature if I had to. I wouldint trade that for anything, and in doing so I can never be bored because of what I learned and what I still have to learn. Passion for knowledge and experience is a true blessing. I hate to see it wasted.

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 20, 2012 16:01 |  #11

John Sims wrote in post #15254776 (external link)

This country has been busy breeding the next round of super consumers for generations now. Its only going to get worse. People here are lazy. Instant gratification. Drop em a pellet.

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Sweetamber
51 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 20, 2012 16:34 |  #12

Oh yes, it'a a funny clip.
And reminds me of some one. ME! :)

Filmare Nunta HD (external link) /
Terapia Yumeiho (external link)

Kolor-Pikker
Goldmember
2,790 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 21, 2012 03:54 |  #13

No Idea has a new clip, it's an obvious NEX plug, but also funny.

StaticMedia wrote in post #15267683 (external link)

For sure. And not many of them have any taste in the arts. There has always been pop-young teen type music, but even when I was a kid in the 90's we had bands that played instruments and actually tried. Now any Californicated auto-tuned """"artist"""" is "cool" and gets ridiculous recognition and attention without any real talent. Its the channeling of the media and the herding of the sheep. I remember when we got a Nintendo in 1989. My brother and I loved it ,but we would play it a few hours and then spend the majority of our time outside. I'm pretty confident I could survive in nature if I had to. I wouldint trade that for anything, and in doing so I can never be bored because of what I learned and what I still have to learn. Passion for knowledge and experience is a true blessing. I hate to see it wasted.

Glad to have grown up in the 90's too. I always had the latest and greatest game consoles as a kid (and still do!), but I'd still get on my bike in the morning and ride outside all day, until I barely made it back home when it was so pitch black outside that I couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of me. :lol:

And I know what you mean about the music, the standards are getting so low that even artists that can actually perform need to drop their standards too, to get any recognition at all. Ever seen Lady Gaga sing live while playing on piano? Did you know that Flavor Flav (that dumbаss who wears a wall clock) can actually play over 15 instruments very well since childhood?

5DmkII | 24-70 f/2.8L II | Pentax 645Z | 55/2.8 SDM | 120/4 Macro | 150/2.8 IF
I acquired an expensive camera so I can hang out in forums, annoy wedding photographers during formals and look down on P&S users... all the while telling people it's the photographer, not the camera.

Bear ­ Dale
"I get 'em pregnant"
4,868 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 17, 2012 18:51 |  #14

That was fantastic!

Cheers,
Bear Dale

Some of my photos featured on Flickr Bear Dale (external link)

sponsored links

3,024 views & 0 likes for this thread
DSLR Gear: No Idea
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.