Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 26 Nov 2012 (Monday) 04:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post process nightmare

jejeje
479 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 26, 2012 04:14 |  #1

I recently heard this story.

A local photographer was hired to shoot a wedding, and the bride told him ahead of the gig that she wanted him to make the background in the photos blurry in post, as she had seen examples of blurry backgrounds in his earlier wedding work. He said that he never did that in post because he uses high quality lenses with large aperture which are more than capable to create soft backgrounds straight out of the camera. Anyway, it sounded like he would be able to meet her needs with easy with his gear.

OK. So, he did the job, and quicky processed some previews which he sent to the bride. I saw a couple of them and they were classy, nice wedding shots, with balanced colors and with the above mentioned soft backgrounds, shallow DoF, and some bokeh rings from car lights and stuff in the background.

The response he got was that she wanted him to go back and unblur the background in the photos. Sure, he'll just break out his CSI Miami tools and make that happen in a jiffy. :confused: He was also asked if he could remove the bokeh rings from the lights in the background, an element of the shots that really contributed to making them pop.

Finally there was also a family member, an uncle or something, with a consumer DSLR with a built in flash that had sent her some shots from her wedding where the colors were over saturated and the lights harsh. My friend was asked to make his photos more like those. :-)

I guess it's not supposed to be easy. :-) Feel free to reply with similar stories if you got any.

Kristian
JEJE.JE (external link) - Flickr (external link)
And the gear here...

sponsored links
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 26, 2012 08:50 |  #2

unblur? let me see, what button in Photoshop does that?

Evan ­ Idler
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Joined May 2005

Nov 27, 2012 00:57 |  #3

rick_reno wrote in post #15290625 (external link)
unblur? let me see, what button in Photoshop does that?

I think it's right next to the "Turn into Super Model" button.

I wonder why they bothered hiring a photographer, if the Uncle
was bringing his camera. Everybody knows relatives always
take better pictures :-P

--Evan

Canon5DIII + Some L + Some non L + Some Sigma + Some Tamron + other stuff....
Patiently awaiting a winning Lottery Ticket to afford all the toys I would really like :-P

mjkubba
270 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 27, 2012 14:47 |  #4

So she wants the photos over saturated ? why ?

Canon AE-1, Canon 60D, Fujifilm JX400
Canon 35-70mm, Canon 18-55mm IS, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300 VC
http://folding.extreme​overclocking.com …ge.php?un=mjkub​ba&t=37726 (external link)

pixiepearls
I do bad things in the dark
3,061 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Nov 27, 2012 17:54 |  #5

art is subjective, thats what can sometimes make it so hard :(

Brandy 500px (external link)
I ♥ my 5D TF'd March '11
DARKROOM CHEMIST BLOG (external link) - My Dad's Pix (external link)

roosterslayer
994 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 27, 2012 20:06 |  #6

mjkubba wrote in post #15296398 (external link)
So she wants the photos over saturated ? why ?

cus the average person is really into that fake, over saturated, HDR type look. i have no clue why.

flickr (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 27, 2012 23:19 |  #7

i thought about this, and i'd find some public domain cartoon images that are sharp and cut and paste them into the background.

sponsored links

1,064 views & 0 likes for this thread
Post process nightmare
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.