Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Nov 2012 (Wednesday) 15:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EOS 7D Firmware Version 2.0.3

Pepe ­ Guitarra
800 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Nov 28, 2012 15:26 |  #1

What exactly does thhe Firmware Version 2.0.3 does for the canon 7D, in plain English please? Thanks, Pepe.

It's not a photo until you print it! :cool:
Click here (external link), this is myflickr (external link) gallery

sponsored links
apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,094 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 28, 2012 15:46 |  #2

Download the new manual for the camera. It's available on Canon's web sites worldwide. Pick any you like.
The new manual describes how the camera works when firmware 2.x is installed. With the firmware download there are more info about where to look for additional info. But it's rather obvious when you read the new manual. Well, provided you know how the camera works before the update, of course.

Anders

OneJZsupra
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 28, 2012 16:39 |  #3

I think the biggest thing about 2.0.3 to note was that it fixed an error that the 7D could have. I guess it was having issues with freezing up when the camera went into stand by mode.

Gear List | Feed Back | My Site (external link)
YN RF-603 O-ring solution

Pepe ­ Guitarra
THREAD ­ STARTER
800 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Nov 28, 2012 17:54 |  #4

I got it. Thanks,

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,094 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 29, 2012 01:48 as a reply to  @ Pepe Guitarra's post |  #5

Yes, compared to 2.0.0. That was just error correction. I interpreted the question as to what 2.0.3 does compared to the 1.x.x versions. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Anders

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,333 posts
Joined May 2003

Nov 29, 2012 09:05 |  #6

With a little effort at the Canon download website, you will learn the following:

Changes:
Firmware version 2.0.3 incorporates the following fixes.
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera stops working when the auto power off setting takes effect.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the maximum number of images that can be captured in a burst displayed in the viewfinder may be less than what can actually be captured.
3. Corrects some errors in the message displayed on the LCD screen when saving RAW images developed in the camera.

The fixes listed above are corrections for the phenomena experienced with firmware version 2.0.0. These phenomena will not occur in firmware version 1.2.5 or before.

Updating the camera's firmware to version 2.0.0 / 2.0.3 from version 1.2.5 or before, will incorporate many new functions into the camera. For the details of these new functions, please see the "Version 2.0.0 improvements" in the history of past firmware updates.

NOTE:

-The version 2.0.3 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to version 2.0.0. If the camera's firmware is already version 2.0.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

-Once the camera is updated to version 2.0.0 / 2.0.3, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (version 1.0.7 to version 1.2.5).

-If the camera is updated the previous firmware version (version 1.0.7 to version 1.2.5) with Firmware version 2.0.0 / 2.0.3, the following settings will be initialized.

a) Date/Time setting
b) Lens peripheral illumination correction data registered to the camera

-When using an EOS 7D camera updated to the new firmware version 2.0.X with the WFT-E5A/B/C/D, the WFT-E5A/B/C/D needs to be updated to the latest firmware up to version 1.0.7; otherwise, it cannot be used.

-It is recommended that you use the updated EOS 7D camera (version 2.0.0 / 2.0.3) with the latest applications *c). Some applications of previous versions do not support functions that are added by the new firmware. Please also note that EOS Utility needs to be updated to the latest version before it can be used with the updated EOS 7D camera. You can download the latest applications from our Web site.

*c) EOS Utility Version 2.11.4 or later
(Supported OSes: Windows XP SP3/Vista SP2/7/7 SP1,Mac OS X v10.6/10.7)
Digital Photo Professional Version 3.11.31 or later
ImageBrowser EX Version 1.0.1 or later

The system requirements for the latest applications may be different for the applications that have already been installed to your computer. For information on the system requirements, please go to our Web site.

-The instruction manual has been revised accompanying the improvements and additions of functions. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.

When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.

Q&A Section:
Preparations for the Firmware Update:

Windows
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.

*Extracting the downloaded file: Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file. The extracted folder contains the firmware (file name: 7D000203.FIR / file size: 17,461,788 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).

Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.

Pepe ­ Guitarra
THREAD ­ STARTER
800 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Nov 29, 2012 13:09 as a reply to  @ John from PA's post |  #7

Thanks. I got mine already updated with the 2.0.3 Firmware. I am amazed on the fast shooting. I am glad the 7D is a new camera, I am glad I got it, not the 1D III

elbowgrease
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 31, 2013 18:51 as a reply to  @ Pepe Guitarra's post |  #8

I have the original firmware 1.0.0 and there is nowhere I can find to upgrade from that to later versions. to get 2.3 Canon says I need at least 2.0.0 but I cannot find that available:mad: anywhere.:(

OneJZsupra
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 31, 2013 19:19 |  #9

http://www.usa.canon.c​om …rd_display/EOS7​D_firmware (external link)

elbowgrease
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 31, 2013 19:58 as a reply to  @ OneJZsupra's post |  #10

That gives me opportuinity to upgrade the firmware to 1.0.7 but from there I still cant upgrade to later versions.

Cyanide7730
43 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 31, 2013 20:10 |  #11

my camera would freeze up during auto-shutoff and wouldn't reset unless I took out the battery; latest update fixed that.

7D | 17-55 2.8 | Sigma 35mm 1.4 | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Sigma 30mm 1.4 | Canon 70-200mm 4 IS | 430 EX II
www.flickr.com/cyanide​7730 (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,242 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jan 31, 2013 22:21 as a reply to  @ Cyanide7730's post |  #12

Here is where you can get 2.0.3...Don't know about 2.0.0.

http://www.usa.canon.c​om …eos_7d#DriversA​ndSoftware (external link)

Mark

OneJZsupra
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 31, 2013 22:58 |  #13

elbowgrease wrote in post #15557975 (external link)
That gives me opportuinity to upgrade the firmware to 1.0.7 but from there I still cant upgrade to later versions.

I don't understand.... The link I sent you was for 2.0, I just checked as well..... Is anyone else having that issue with that link?

elbowgrease
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 31, 2013 23:05 as a reply to  @ OneJZsupra's post |  #14

why dont you try it and see. it gives opp for upgrade but only to 2.0.3. upgrade to 2 is no longer there. and I got so excited when you posted
:cry:

Pepe ­ Guitarra
THREAD ­ STARTER
800 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 31, 2013 23:13 |  #15

elbowgrease wrote in post #15558625 (external link)
why dont you try it and see. it gives opp for upgrade but only to 2.0.3. upgrade to 2 is no longer there. and I got so excited when you posted
:cry:

You do not need to upgrade intermediate firmware updates, go to the latest one, it will contain all the upgrades.

sponsored links

7,859 views & 0 likes for this thread
EOS 7D Firmware Version 2.0.3
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.