Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Dec 2012 (Sunday) 19:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5d2 Slow startup after Magic Lantern

Dinzdale40
254 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 02, 2012 19:03 |  #1

Ok, so first of all. I installed ML earlier this year and have been trying it out. It's been great, but one downfall. After the 1 min mark, my camera goes to sleep. If i see a shot i want and half hit the shutter to turn it on it takes about a second to turn on and allow me to auto-focus.

So far I've uninstalled ML and re-installed the current firmware. I've formatted all my CF cards.

No matter what I've tried, it still takes 1 second for it to come out of sleep. On the other hand, if i take the CF card out and let it fall asleep, hitting the shutter button halfway wakes it up near instantly. The camera is rated for .1 second turn on time and that is the performance i get with no CF card, but with the CF card i get 1 full second.

It seems to be searching for ML if I have a CF card installed, which leads me to believe that it has modified the bios to boot from CF card and even re-installing the canon firmware doesn't change it back.

I really hope it is something simple. I have searched and searched on here and either I am thesaurusalically challenged or it hasn't been discussed before but whatever, I need help. :oops:

-Daniel

5DMk3

bbss
324 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Dec 02, 2012 19:33 |  #2

See the install instruction for ML. There is a install.pdf file. Seems you do this from ML. Perhaps you need to reinstall.

Uninstalling Magic Lantern
Don’t just delete the Magic Lantern files from the card! If you do, the camera will freeze at
startup and you’ll have to take the battery out.

Uninstalling ML from one card
∙ Format that card fromthe camera (select this option: Format card, **remove*Magic Lantern*)
and reboot. Your camera will load the original firmware when you use that card.

Uninstalling ML from the camera
∙ With a Magic Lantern card, launch the Firmware Update process and follow the instruc-
tions on-screen.

Dinzdale40
THREAD ­ STARTER
254 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 02, 2012 19:37 |  #3

i think i did the "uninstalling ML from one card"

so, i should put magic lantern back on a card to launch the firmware update process and hope that i get an option of "uninstall ML from camera" as an option?

-Daniel

5DMk3

Dinzdale40
THREAD ­ STARTER
254 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 02, 2012 19:51 |  #4

ok yay i fixed it. i put ML back on the card and when i clicked update firmware i was able to disable the bootdisk function.

-Daniel

5DMk3

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,211 views & 0 likes for this thread
5d2 Slow startup after Magic Lantern
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.