Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 08 Dec 2012 (Saturday) 10:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D Mark III - USA Warranty via eBay - $2599

shujert
595 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 10, 2012 19:23 |  #31

Package is on the way, should be here Wednesday. :)

Shu
flickr (external link) feedbackLeica M + 50 Lux ASPH

sponsored links
yoon395
58 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 10, 2012 20:43 |  #32

Any similar deals still ongoing?

Behance Portfolio (external link)

MrSecMan
32 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 10, 2012 23:24 |  #33

I am in the market too!

shujert
595 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 12, 2012 19:05 |  #34

Camera received today, USA warranty card intact. Happy camper over here!

Shu
flickr (external link) feedbackLeica M + 50 Lux ASPH

DVS_WiNdz
Cream of the Crop
9,835 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 13, 2012 20:22 |  #35

I received mines today, but there were items missing. There is no warranty card, instruction manuals, and eyecup! also the battery seems to be tampered with..

Stephen L.
Gear list

DVS_WiNdz
Cream of the Crop
9,835 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 13, 2012 20:24 |  #36

Weird that it came with an international plug for the charger along with a US one.. Is it possible to tell if it's gray market by the serial number?

Stephen L.
Gear list

amkorp
253 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Dec 13, 2012 20:49 |  #37

I would return for an exchange if I were you. The charger has the plug built in, its not removable so it can only work with US outlets. Also, eyecup doesn't come installed on the camera, should be loose in the box and you have to put it on. Otherwise, the missing manuals and warranty card are not a good sign either.

But what really puzzles me is the charger with dual plugs. Like I mentioned, the plug is not removable, its built into the charger. Call them and see what's up.

5D Mark III | 50mm f/1.2L USM | 85mm f/1.2L USM | 100mm f/2.8L IS USM | 135mm f/2L USM | 8-15mm f/4L USM | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS USM | 70-200mm f/4L IS USM | 600EX-RT | 430EX II | 430EX | ST-E3 | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x III

DVS_WiNdz
Cream of the Crop
9,835 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 13, 2012 20:51 |  #38

I looked all over the box the eyecup isn't there. The charger that I got isn't built in like the one on my 5D Mark II.. you have to attach another cable onto it. I thought they changed it or something..

Stephen L.
Gear list

2Live4
671 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 13, 2012 21:02 |  #39
bannedPermanent ban

^The charger is the exact same model as the 5D II. I'd contact them and request for exchange asap. Good luck.

~Khánh - an amateur bOkeh-OLic
5D III & Some L's
Feedback | flickr (external link)

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Dec 14, 2012 00:20 |  #40

No instruction manuals are a clear-cut sign that it's probably a grey market camera. Same with the battery charger. I sure hope this doesn't happen, but I'm curious to see if they say the eyecup doesn't come with the camera, but they'll sell you one for $300...

I'd request an immediate exchange. If they give you any run-around whatsoever, I'd give them negative feedback on eBay and file a claim with PayPal/eBay.

Best of luck -- please keep us updated,
Bryan

My Gear List

Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 14, 2012 01:42 |  #41

bps wrote in post #15364923 (external link)
No instruction manuals are a clear-cut sign that it's probably a grey market camera. Same with the battery charger. I sure hope this doesn't happen, but I'm curious to see if they say the eyecup doesn't come with the camera, but they'll sell you one for $300...

I'd request an immediate exchange. If they give you any run-around whatsoever, I'd give them negative feedback on eBay and file a claim with PayPal/eBay.

Best of luck -- please keep us updated,
Bryan

Mine arrived today also. Similar to above (though only missing Warranty card). Came in the Kit box with the lens removed. Also have the same charger with US cord (LC-E6E - Not the US LC-E6). Was thinking gray market but was trying to research how to verify. Will be contacting seller and failing that - Paypal/Credit Card co.

Camera is a beautiful thing though ;)

On a side note - Gray market - no warranty I imagine but anyone have experience if firmware updates etc are also forfeited?

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,153 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 14, 2012 06:53 |  #42

lapino wrote in post #15344494 (external link)
If I buy this, living in Europe, do I get to claim warranty from Canon in Europe? Or do I need to ship the camera to the US in case of a problem?

amkorp wrote in post #15344679 (external link)
According to their listing, the camera only comes with the Canada/US warranty. Not too sure if you can claim any warranty services in Europe for a North American Camera.

Warranty is for USA only. You can not take warranty from a different country and use it in you own country. Different country has different rules and regulations.

There is a reason why they say, USA warranty.

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | R6 (PRE-ORDERED) | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: EF 24-70L II | RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM | EF 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22mm
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

PhotoPrice
181 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 14, 2012 07:45 |  #43

Justaddwata wrote in post #15365138 (external link)
Mine arrived today also. Similar to above (though only missing Warranty card). Came in the Kit box with the lens removed. Also have the same charger with US cord (LC-E6E - Not the US LC-E6). Was thinking gray market but was trying to research how to verify.

The two-piece charger is a sign that you may have a grey market. You can also check the instruction manuals, if included at all. You can also try registering the camera online -- if Canon US takes the serial number, you may be okay.

I don't know why Big Value Inc was very inconsistent with this batch (seems like many people got US warranty + card, and others are getting this). In the past things went more smoothly and there weren't any reports of grey markets slipping in. I encourage you to contact them and complain. :)

Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 14, 2012 08:43 |  #44

Just got off the phone with Canon Professional Services. Representative said there is no way to verify based on the serial number if it was gray market or not. He said if there was a need for service within the first 12 months of ownership that they would ask for a copy of the purchase receipt at that time. Be fine as long as they dont have an issue with that 11 months from now. I have contacted the dealer and will update with their response.

I just made a second call and spoke with a Canon agent using the 800 OK Canon number listed on http://www.kenrockwell​.com/tech/gray-market.htm (external link). She said that they do not track serial numbers sold through authorized dealers but she did say that BIGVALUEINC.com is NOT an authorized dealer. She said that without a warranty card that the camera is likely Gray market and if the camera was sent in for repair that they would send an estimate for the cost of the repair. She said they would repair it - but at my expense.

So I guess I will pursue that warranty card!!

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

Asterisk
THREAD ­ STARTER
890 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 14, 2012 11:13 |  #45

Justaddwata wrote in post #15365798 (external link)
Just got off the phone with Canon Professional Services. Representative said there is no way to verify based on the serial number if it was gray market or not. He said if there was a need for service within the first 12 months of ownership that they would ask for a copy of the purchase receipt at that time. Be fine as long as they dont have an issue with that 11 months from now. I have contacted the dealer and will update with their response.

I just made a second call and spoke with a Canon agent using the 800 OK Canon number listed on http://www.kenrockwell​.com/tech/gray-market.htm (external link). She said that they do not track serial numbers sold through authorized dealers but she did say that BIGVALUEINC.com is NOT an authorized dealer. She said that without a warranty card that the camera is likely Gray market and if the camera was sent in for repair that they would send an estimate for the cost of the repair. She said they would repair it - but at my expense.

So I guess I will pursue that warranty card!!

Funny how you have two calls to Canon telling you two completely different things. And the second call being slightly wrong:

If your body is Grey Market you may have problems with warranty, but if it's US model sold through an unauthorized dealer the current word on the street is the warranty will be honored just fine.

sponsored links

11,916 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D Mark III - USA Warranty via eBay - $2599
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.