Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 13 Dec 2012 (Thursday) 20:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama price protection policy?

petluv100
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 13, 2012 20:47 |  #1

I can't find anything on their site about this, does anyone know Adorama's price protection policy? I purchased a camera from Adorama 2 weeks ago for $899. I checked Amazon and B&H today, and both have the same camera for $799. Adorama's price has yet to change, but I know they usually keep up with their competitors. Has anyone had the same problem, did they do a price adjustment for you?

sponsored links
Fernando
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 13, 2012 23:07 |  #2

There is none. You bought when you bought and that's how it goes sometime. I don't see how it's a "problem" , just bad timing. You could call them and see what they say.

Fuji convert - Ping me if you have any Fuji gear or legacy glass you're moving.

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 14, 2012 09:18 |  #3

petluv100 wrote in post #15364289 (external link)
I can't find anything on their site about this, does anyone know Adorama's price protection policy? I purchased a camera from Adorama 2 weeks ago for $899. I checked Amazon and B&H today, and both have the same camera for $799. Adorama's price has yet to change, but I know they usually keep up with their competitors. Has anyone had the same problem, did they do a price adjustment for you?

send an email to
Helen@adorama.com (external link)

don't know about your situation but Helen Oster has been helpful on Adorama issues

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 31, 2012 10:46 |  #4

Apologies that I didn't see this earlier; we will give a store credit (to be used when you call in to place another order) to the value of the price reduction, within 30 days of the original purchase.

This applies ONLY to products on our own website; we do NOT match to unauthorized retailers and in the case of authorized retailers it is on a case-by-case basis!

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 02, 2013 13:17 |  #5

HelenOster wrote in post #15427402 (external link)
Apologies that I didn't see this earlier; we will give a store credit (to be used when you call in to place another order) to the value of the price reduction, within 30 days of the original purchase.

almost as good as refunding the price difference

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jan 21, 2014 17:21 as a reply to  @ HelenOster's post |  #6

Price Match Request :)?

Hi Helen!

I was just wondering if you could help me with a potential purchase as a first-time customer at Adorama :)?

I'm interested in purchasing the X100S but I found it cheaper at 42photo at http://www.42photo.com …apixel_digital_​camera.htm (external link). Wondering if there's any chance you can match the price :)?

Much thanks!
Anthony

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 21, 2014 18:20 |  #7

xeodragon wrote in post #16625056 (external link)
Hi Helen!

I was just wondering if you could help me with a potential purchase as a first-time customer at Adorama :)?

I'm interested in purchasing the X100S but I found it cheaper at 42photo at http://www.42photo.com …apixel_digital_​camera.htm (external link). Wondering if there's any chance you can match the price :)?

Much thanks!
Anthony

Not sure if you realize, but she made that post back to 2012. It may be best to contact her via PM instead.

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 21, 2014 22:49 |  #8

xeodragon wrote in post #16625056 (external link)
Hi Helen!

Much thanks!
Anthony

While we are always delighted to do our best to price match to equally reputable retailers unfotunately on this occasion we would not be able to do so. BTW my email address is: Helen@adorama.com (external link)

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 21, 2014 23:06 |  #9

once I buy something i do not go back and check prices. life is too short to worry about the small things

My FLickrPage (external link)

sponsored links

12,514 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama price protection policy?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.