Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 28 Dec 2012 (Friday) 00:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Whats your photography pet peeve?

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,420 posts
Gallery: 217 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 28, 2012 16:19 |  #16

One of my pet peeves is people who post "search the forum", or "LMGTFU". Makes me wonder if they're that rude in person.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

sponsored links
cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 28, 2012 16:31 |  #17

My biggest pet peeve is gas prices. It prevents me from going out and photographing more.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

ejenner
Goldmember
3,806 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 28, 2012 23:34 as a reply to  @ cdifoto's post |  #18

People that say 'zoom with your feet' I hate that phrase.

Also those that think 'post-processing' is some new digital phenomenon. And even worse those that don't realize it's just as easy to screw up now that it was with film (it's just easier to fix now if you know how).

Edward Jenner
5DIV, M6, GX1 II, Sig15mm FE, 16-35 F4,TS-E 17, TS-E 24, M11-22, M18-150 ,24-105, T45 1.8VC, 70-200 f4 IS, 70-200 2.8 vII, Sig 85 1.4, 100L, 135L, 400DOII.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/48305795@N03/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/edward.jenner.372/p​hotos (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 28, 2012 23:37 |  #19

cdifoto wrote in post #15417665 (external link)
My biggest pet peeve is gas prices. It prevents me from going out and photographing more.

Ride a bicycle...or...get a macro lens, you can shoot strange things around your house.

Gas prices are cheap here, under $3 a gallon at the Chevron station

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,831 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Dec 28, 2012 23:41 as a reply to  @ rick_reno's post |  #20

The very best and most expensive digital projector can neither...

• Match the quality of the image captured even with a cheap 8Mpixel point and shoot!
  • Come anywhere close to the quality of the projected slide film

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 29, 2012 01:56 |  #21

rick_reno wrote in post #15418836 (external link)
Ride a bicycle...or...get a macro lens, you can shoot strange things around your house.

I'm not looking for solutions, I'm just ****. Three bucks a gallon isn't cheap. 87 cents is cheap. I miss THOSE days.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

gremlin75
Goldmember
2,727 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 29, 2012 02:18 |  #22

Wow, such hate with all this "search first" BS. It's not like it is some simple tech question that just need an answer and thats all.

It's a conversational topic. Is it a new topic? Perhaps not, but I question how many new threads there would be if people were only allowed to make new threads as long as it was not something that anyone else has brought up or asked before.......and looking at the "Similar Threads" links at the bottom shows me the newest thread being a 3 year old "85L peeves" thread......I don't know about anyone else but one of my pet peeves on the forum I mod for is Necro-threads!

Now what is my photography pet peeve? Instagram and all the people who take crappy photos, put a pre-made filter on it, and instantly think they are an amazing photographer.

My pet peeve about my own photography is the fact that I do not make enough time to shoot when I know I have plenty of time to do so

Thorrulz
Goldmember
3,778 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 29, 2012 02:33 as a reply to  @ gremlin75's post |  #23

rick_reno wrote in post #15418836 (external link)

cdifoto wrote in post #15419085 (external link)
I'm not looking for solutions, I'm just ****. Three bucks a gallon isn't cheap. 87 cents is cheap. I miss THOSE days.

When I was around six years old I can still remember my dad driving by the local gas station and going on a rant about the "dirty something something crooks" raising the price of gas from .21 to .22 cents per gallon.:lol:

Back on topic though, my pet peeve is with females when posing, which includes both professionals and amateurs in this instance. What I'm talking about willis is the dreaded "broken neck" syndrome. For some reason the majority of females suffer from this affliction and most terrible of bad habits. So when I start shooting I warn them right away that unless they want to see me pull out the neck brace, don't tilt the head unless instructed to do so.

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G I Pentax 645D I SMC FA 645 75 F2.8 I SMC FA 645 45-85 F4.5 I SMC FA 645 200 F4
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

PhotosGuy
75,877 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Dec 29, 2012 10:05 |  #24

gremlin75 wrote in post #15419116 (external link)
Wow, such hate with all this "search first" BS. It's not like it is some simple tech question that just need an answer and thats all.

Where did "hate" come into it?
Didn't I answer the OP's question about my pet peeve with my pet peeve? Which is more than a few of you did.
And then I pointed out a way to easily find out more info on a subject that interested the OP by using the similar threads links at the bottom of each thread.

Maybe I should have added a ;) to my answer?

But now I'm more inclined to use a :p.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

gremlin75
Goldmember
2,727 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 29, 2012 11:20 |  #25

PhotosGuy wrote in post #15419879 (external link)
Where did "hate" come into it?

Sorry I don't use "hate" in the litterally sense. I don't mean people are litterally hating on him (comment wasn't just geared at you) but rather just giving him crap for not searching for a conversational topic.

PhotosGuy wrote in post #15419879 (external link)
Didn't I answer the OP's question about my pet peeve with my pet peeve?

Well technically not as he asked about photography pet peeves :P (hehe, ok joking and I'll stop now before the ban hammer comes down :D)

frugivore
Goldmember
3,089 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 29, 2012 11:25 |  #26

Mine is when subjects look at my umbrellas or OCF instead of my camera, even after I tell them to look at the camera.

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,957 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 29, 2012 11:27 |  #27

Thorrulz wrote in post #15419132 (external link)
When I was around six years old I can still remember my dad driving by the local gas station and going on a rant about the "dirty something something crooks" raising the price of gas from .21 to .22 cents per gallon.

Mm-hmm. That was when $10,000 was a good annual salary.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,420 posts
Gallery: 217 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 29, 2012 12:24 |  #28

frugivore wrote in post #15420154 (external link)
Mine is when subjects look at my umbrellas or OCF instead of my camera, even after I tell them to look at the camera.

My advice to you then, don't ever shoot toddlers. :lol:;)

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 29, 2012 12:37 |  #29

OhLook wrote in post #15420162 (external link)
Mm-hmm. That was when $10,000 was a good annual salary.

In many areas of the USA even, salaries (wages) are still depressed and do not match the increase in fuel costs. In 2003-ish, I worked in a warehouse that paid $12 an hour. In 2012 they pay $12.25. 87 octane is right around $3.39 at the moment. Back then it was about $1.05. If wages paralleled gas prices, those warehouse employees would be making about $36 an hour.

dpds68
Goldmember
1,464 posts
Joined May 2008

Dec 29, 2012 14:32 |  #30

Scatterbrained wrote in post #15420359 (external link)
My advice to you then, don't ever shoot toddlers. :lol:;)

Oh yes I am doing lots of School ( 3-12 Year old's There abouts ) Year book shots and I nearly lost my voice telling them to look at the Camera not the lights .

David

Gripped Canon 7D,20D,XT / Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 85mm f1.8 , 70-200 2.8L,EF50mm1.8 II,Sigma 150-500mm OS, Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6
Vivitar285Hv x2,Canon430EX,Nissin Di866,CTR-301P Triggers,
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dpds68/ (external link)

sponsored links

47,120 views & 15 likes for this thread
Whats your photography pet peeve?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.