Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
Thread started 06 Jan 2013 (Sunday) 06:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Spheres

habakuk
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 06, 2013 06:19 |  #1

IMAGE: http://www.punctumsaliens.ch/concept/pub/spheres_montage_800.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.punctumsali​ens.ch …t/pub/spheres_m​ontage.jpg  (external link)

(click > zoom)

The two pictures indivdually zoomable can be found here:
http://blog.punctumsal​iens.ch …res-plankton-desert-fire/ (external link)

I wish you a colorful sunday
Roland

More on my BLOG (external link) ::: www.punctumgallery.ch (external link) ::: www.driftingaway.org (external link) ::: www.goodeye.ch (external link) | Creativity & perception workshops (external link)
Virtual Exhibitions:
Bauwelten Neufeldzubringer (external link) | Sternspuren (external link) | Anderswelt (Otherworld) (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 06, 2013 09:18 |  #2

nice ones Roland, like the blue better

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 06, 2013 17:03 |  #3

Thanks, Rick!

cheers
®

More on my BLOG (external link) ::: www.punctumgallery.ch (external link) ::: www.driftingaway.org (external link) ::: www.goodeye.ch (external link) | Creativity & perception workshops (external link)
Virtual Exhibitions:
Bauwelten Neufeldzubringer (external link) | Sternspuren (external link) | Anderswelt (Otherworld) (external link)

Clean ­ Gene
Goldmember
1,014 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 08, 2013 02:40 |  #4

I actually prefer the orange one.

I'm a big fan of contrast, and I think that the orange photo has much more contrast between bright and dark tones.

Also, just personal opinion, but the dark area feels more comfortable to me when it's at the bottom. Just just seems to feel more "heavy" to me, and I like that the orange photo has the "heavy" part at the bottom. That just seems more stable to me, and gives me more comfort.

This in no way implies which one is BETTER. I simply LIKE the orange one a lot more. Mostly just personal preference, I guess. All cold tones tends to bum me out, I love contrast (and the yellow/orange in the right photo contrasts with the dark parts more than in the other photo), and dark tones at the bottom just often makes me feel like the "weight" is more natural. Just my personal preferences, but the photo on the left DOES make me feel a bit uncomfortable. The one on the right is far more comfortable and soothing to me.

habakuk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 11, 2013 01:55 |  #5

Thanks, Clean Gene. A very interesting feedback. I can easily follow your interpretation of the weights (dark areas). To me, the density at the top makes the scene a bit unstable, but then, this is the plankton sphere, where stability isn't easily found. Side to side, that overall composition produces a upwards pointing diagonal, which, imho, stabilizes the whole scene.

And I find it especially interesting that you say, the warm, orange panel makes you more comfortable. Personally, I find it easy to just float and wobble a bit along the plankton while I have a harder time to persist in that high energy, upwards pushing, loud orange. :)

Yeah, looking at photographs always means "looking" at your own interpretation of something and this is where individuality strikes. :)

have a nice day
Roland

Virtual Exhibitions:

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

907 views & 0 likes for this thread
Spheres
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.