Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 06 Jan 2013 (Sunday) 10:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fuji X100S and X20

whmeltonjr
Goldmember
1,363 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 26, 2013 00:27 |  #196

I think 1.02 seems better inside in low light. It definitely hunts less.

William | Fuji X-E1 | Fuji X100S | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
dingo5
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 09, 2013 05:28 |  #197

I've just come back from Iceland where the Fuji X100S did itself proud!

Yes it was intimidating relying only on the Fuji, but at no time did I wish for my now sold Canon 5DII with multiple L lenses. It just needed a different approach. Yes it was a challenge but what fun!

We flew in late Friday gone. Hired a 4X4, visited the blue lagoon, then on to Reykjavik to the hotel.

Saturday saw a mammoth 800K drive round the southern end of Iceland literally flying through the 'Must See' Sights, including a desolate drive via GPS to the now infamousc wartime DC3.

Back to Reykjavik for the night before flying back home today. So literally 24hrs in Iceland.
I've only had the X100S three weeks and still getting used to the Fuji 'Way' of operating.

An amazing bit of kit!

If anyone is contemplating a visit to the land of Fire and Ice, just do it! You won't be prepared for what you see!

Here is a taster. More pictures to follow on my flickr page once recuperated..lol

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5462/9701240615_e9bf54b617_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/75558469@N02/9​701240615/  (external link)
DC3 Dakota Crash Site Iceland (external link) by Jay_Harvey (external link), on Flickr

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 14, 2013 16:21 |  #198
bannedPermanent ban

dingo5 wrote in post #16280899 (external link)
I've just come back from Iceland where the Fuji X100S did itself proud!

Yes it was intimidating relying only on the Fuji, but at no time did I wish for my now sold Canon 5DII with multiple L lenses. It just needed a different approach. Yes it was a challenge but what fun!

We flew in late Friday gone. Hired a 4X4, visited the blue lagoon, then on to Reykjavik to the hotel.

Saturday saw a mammoth 800K drive round the southern end of Iceland literally flying through the 'Must See' Sights, including a desolate drive via GPS to the now infamousc wartime DC3.

Back to Reykjavik for the night before flying back home today. So literally 24hrs in Iceland.
I've only had the X100S three weeks and still getting used to the Fuji 'Way' of operating.

An amazing bit of kit!

If anyone is contemplating a visit to the land of Fire and Ice, just do it! You won't be prepared for what you see!

Here is a taster. More pictures to follow on my flickr page once recuperated..lol
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/75558469@N02/9​701240615/  (external link)
DC3 Dakota Crash Site Iceland (external link) by Jay_Harvey (external link), on Flickr

Should be going on vacation there soon.

"Complete quietness surrounded me as the dense fog smothered all sounds. As the sun rose, lifting the fog to reveal this majestic mountain, all my thoughts of the daily hustle and bustle were put away, allowing me to sit in solitude with nature."
-Utter Bull

LooserCanon
234 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 24, 2013 06:47 |  #199

I've recently returned from a trip to Queenstown, New Zealand. I took a Fuji X100S, Nikon D800E and assorted lenses (21mm, 50mm and 85mm).

I am liking, if not preferring, many of the Fuji shots and it may be that the focal length (35 equivalent) is a better match for how I 'see'.

This shot from the shore of Lake Wakatipu.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My web site - PIXONACCI (external link)

Jericobot
Cream of the Crop
5,128 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 24, 2013 13:35 |  #200

^brilliant shot, mate

α7ii + (batis 25 f2 / zeiss 55 f1,8 / macro 90 f2,8)
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠

LooserCanon
234 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 25, 2013 20:30 |  #201

Thanks Jericobot. The light in NZ has a nice, soft quality to it, and the X100/S is the duck's nuts.

My web site - PIXONACCI (external link)

sponsored links

49,372 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fuji X100S and X20
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.