Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 12 Jan 2013 (Saturday) 01:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

how useful do you find battery grips

Elfstop
720 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 29, 2013 22:12 |  #61

Grips are great.....you will enjoy it.......I did a survey and 85% of the people I talked to use them. So without a doubt a majority of photographers use them.

mafoo
Goldmember
1,503 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 29, 2013 22:26 |  #62

I don't own one, and currently don't plan to own one.

I can see only one real reason worth having it for. If whatever type of photography you do requires you do live in portate mode, then it's worth it to shoot while holding the camera in a traditional way.

I don't, and until I do, I can't see a reason for owning one.

-Jeremy
5D Mk II | SL1 | 24-105 f4.0L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS | S35 1.4 | 40 2.8 Pancake | Samyang 14 2.8 | 430EX II

charles_leon
127 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Jan 29, 2013 22:54 |  #63

i like battery grips. my hands are a bit big so without the grip my pinky doesnt have enough room. i too like the extra weight. dont really need the two batteries, but its nice to have and i dont have to charge as often. or if i forget my charger i should be fine for a while
sometimes i dont like the extra attention i get with it. its more noticeable like this. but the camera just feels better with it on and my fingers have a better, more comfortable grip. but i like to switch off and go without it

6D. 16-35L f4. 50L. 135L

Butterbeans
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 30, 2013 09:55 |  #64

I borrowed a gripped 7D from a friend when I was considering buying my own, and decided they were not for me. It was convenient for portrait mode, but I didn't like the extra bulk when carrying it around. Glad I got a chance to try it out, though.

By day: Nikon Eclipse Ti
By night: Canon 7D | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon 28mm 1.8 | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Canon 85mm 1.8

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

10,828 views & 0 likes for this thread
how useful do you find battery grips
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.